Constantly Snacking

Physical conditioning, injuries, nutrition and everything related to fitness
collin
Veteran Member

Constantly Snacking

Post by collin » 25 Jul 2011, 21:15

i think this is probably one of the reasons why fitness is my weakpoint. Does anyone else ever find themselves always walking around the kitchen looking for something to eat? Lately i have really been trying to stay away from pop tarts, doritos, oreos and all that junk stuff, and its going quite well. But, i usually find myself snacking on cheese and crackers, pretzels, lunch meats, maybe some oat bars or somehthing. Any advice? because i feel like i always have to be eating or drinking something and its quite annoying

Had2bHarry
Veteran Member

Post by Had2bHarry » 25 Jul 2011, 23:25

Yeah but I love eating, so I dont question it :D

Football takes alot out of our bodies, so naturally we eat alot more than the average person. Eating shouldn't be the cause of a fitness drop if you're eating well, there's definently got to be something else going on that you havent considered
Sig by me

Rome_Leader
The Italian Mod

Post by Rome_Leader » 25 Jul 2011, 23:42

H2BH is right. You're an athlete. You should be eating a lot more than most. If you're not, you're not much of an athlete! :p The important thing is, you're eating the right stuff. You're right to stay away from Oreos and Pop Tarts, but besides the obvious culprits, you may have to dig a little deeper. Cheese and crackers isn't necessarily good for you, especially cheddar cheese on white crackers. Maybe try some gouda on mutligrains, if possible. Oat bars can contain a lot of sugar, and lunch meats definitely have a lot of salt.

My suggestion is to keep eating. Lots of small meals are better than gorging yourself at meal-time. Try some unsalted nuts from time to time, maybe a nice healthy sandwich and plenty of fruit and water.

All roads lead to Rome.

Triskaidekaphobia: The unnatural fear of the number 13.
Most of Ballack's opposition have this phobia.

I'm Scott. Don't let the title fool you; I.AM.CANADIAN!

collin
Veteran Member

Post by collin » 26 Jul 2011, 02:50

i know rome, its just a process for me im not used to it. Im trying to take baby steps till the point where i am eating completely healthy. But for now i would atleast like to hop cheese and crackers and some lunch meat, or some salsa and chips is better than pop tarts and oreos