How long does it take to get fit?

Physical conditioning, injuries, nutrition and everything related to fitness
dasfootball90

How long does it take to get fit?

Post by dasfootball90 » 24 May 2011, 15:29

Last year i tired a fitness routine i made up but i didn't work for me in the season. I was injuried countless because of lack of condition. How long do people start running before soccer season? I have two months.

desire10
Veteran Member

Post by desire10 » 25 May 2011, 04:02

Two months should be just enough to sharpen your fitness for the full 90 minutes. Although don't just train your stamina in the off-season, you want to keep your fitness at peak throughout the whole year.

Don't waste your time just going for runs, do interval training/wind sprints, especially if you've got only 8 weeks to sharpen your fitness.
Everything you need, is already inside.

Had2bHarry
Veteran Member

Post by Had2bHarry » 25 May 2011, 08:56

Two months is adequate time to acquire a good fitness base, but I disagree with Desire, you shouldnt go full on into sprints yet.

I would say use the first 4 weeks to establish a good stamina and strength base. You should do 3-4 runs per week (30-40 mins of aerobic running) combined with 2-3 conditioning/gym sessions. From there slowly integrate sprinting.

Reduce your conditioning sessions to twice per week and do 2-3 sprint sessions during the last 4 weeks leading up to the start of the season. Every week counts in your situation, so dont slack off
Sig by me