Early Training and Sleeping Patterns

Physical conditioning, injuries, nutrition and everything related to fitness
desire10
Veteran Member

Right now I get up at 6:00am, for some cardio. I've recently found a decent spot near my house for training, with 30x20m of grass with a long stretch of wall on the side (paradise). The problem is, is that I'll have to be up at 5:00am (I need to be back home at like 7:00am to get ready for school), to get a decent routine in that features a warm-up/cool-down. This means that'll I'll need to be asleep at at least 8:00am to get a decent rest in. I don't want this, because we finish dinner sometimes up to an hour before this time, meaning It'll affect my sleep, and I'll be storing a lot more calories. Should I just not worry about this, and counter it with more cardio? When daylight savings switches over (very soon), I'll be able to get decent light at about 5:45am, so I don't think I can really start anything to focussed until this time (there isn't any lighting/street lamps near the area).

Also, another question: Considering that I do start to wake up at 5:00am on weekdays, will then waking up on weekends at say 7:00am, ruin my pattern and sleep efficiency when I get back to the night before Monday? I'm asking this because, if I get up at 5:00am on weekends, I'll have my parents complaining about noise (small house, thin walls) and why I'm up this early (they'll think the sleep pattern thing is bullsh*t).

Any ideas for both of m problems?

Thank you a load in return.
Everything you need, is already inside.

panchester07
Veteran Member

Can I ask you why you don't train in the day? :lol:

I don't recommend training in the morning, you'll be grumpy, sleepy, and start hating it, you wont go as hard and strong.. :cry:

Something I do is I run early in the mornings, but thats totally different and much more common....

Idk, whatever you like, I just think your trying to make everything perfect and unless you are very disciplined your gonna fail--

I eat junk food every now and then, I sleep 14 hours sometimes, and sometimes 5, I drink on weekends, and smoke hookah... I play in the reserves of pro team and wear the number # 10 on my back.. You just try to be serious about your trainings and you improve.. When i sleep 5 hours I'm a little more lazy but i still beat myself up in practice and in the gym..... When I drink yes I might be a bit hung over but I still push through the training.... You don't need to have everything perfect... I get home and watch tv, take it easy, play some fifa, drink juice and eat cookies.... But when its practice time you go all out.... No need to become a buddhist monk though :arrow: Waking up at 7.00 am on a weekend? Suicide! Take a chill pill and enjoy the pleasures of life a little more is what i say...

Just my opinion, you might differ.

You can kill yurself in training, and still go to bed a little late checking hot girls out in facebook, or watchign some tv, and sitll be an exellent footballer :!:
to know Him is to want to know Him more"

"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

D10

I train early, nothing like a nice early session to get your day off to the best possible start. The only thing I can suggest is try eating a little earlier, possibly freeze last nights meal in the freezer. While your family eats today's meal, you can eat yesterdays meal only 3 hours earlier.

Just an idea!

scottS4
Veteran Member

Yeah, try to have a little more elasticity. You're not in the army, you don't have to hammer down these wake up/go to bed times minute for minute..

I can relate because I also train in the mornings. I have team training from 5:45am - 7:45am. I usually go to bed the night before around 9:00/9:30 and wake up around 4:45.

desire10
Veteran Member

Well despite all that's been said, it's just not me to take it easier. Call me a robot but it doesn't bother me, I want to be a footballer.

Any more advice though?

scottS4
Veteran Member

I wasn't telling you to take it easier. I was just saying that you don't need to have your go to sleep/wake up times set in stone. It won't make you a better player.

desire10
Veteran Member

scottS4 wrote:I wasn't telling you to take it easier. I was just saying that you don't need to have your go to sleep/wake up times set in stone. It won't make you a better player.
Oh alright, all good.

The dinner thing though... Will I be storing a lot of food as calories if I hit they hay 2 hours after eating a large meal?

arsenalfc08
Veteran Member

desire10 wrote:
scottS4 wrote:I wasn't telling you to take it easier. I was just saying that you don't need to have your go to sleep/wake up times set in stone. It won't make you a better player.
Oh alright, all good.

The dinner thing though... Will I be storing a lot of food as calories if I hit they hay 2 hours after eating a large meal?
I wouldn't worry about it. If anything it will probably keep your blood sugar levels stable through out the night and you won't wake up and be starving in the morning.

I've eaten dinner within 2-3 hours of going to bed and I don't see any difference other than I'm not absolutely starving when I wake up, which IMO is a good thing for me. I can't eat right away after I wake up, it takes me at least an hour before I feel like I am ready for breakfast.