Losing That Bit of Stomach Fat?

Physical conditioning, injuries, nutrition and everything related to fitness
desire10
Veteran Member

Losing That Bit of Stomach Fat?

Post by desire10 » 27 Mar 2011, 04:25

I'd like to expose my abs more by losing a tin bit of stomach fat that's been there for a while.

I'd like to keep my diet though as a soccer player, I find it very balanced and provides me with lots of energy throughout the day.

Should I just try and do even more cardio to burn the fat? Or swap out some high calorie consumptions from my diet with some more fruit/veg/low calorie foods?

Thanks.
Everything you need, is already inside.

leonardo23
Sophomore Member

Post by leonardo23 » 27 Mar 2011, 06:12

you should train in intervals of intensity so your body actually burns the fat and not your muscles(you burn muscle if you jog for long time in same pace) and also try to "remain empty stomach" before running, so you actually use more fat as fuel and less glycogen

desire10
Veteran Member

Post by desire10 » 27 Mar 2011, 06:27

So should I keep doing the jogging? Or change to a interval routine of jump-rope?

Also I get up at 6:00am and then I'm usually running by 6:20am. I have something like a small piece of fruit/fruit bar, followed by a glass of sports drink. Should I consume even less before-hand? ( I know most of it isn't even getting digested).
Everything you need, is already inside.

Had2bHarry
Veteran Member

Post by Had2bHarry » 27 Mar 2011, 07:16

I dont think its your diet you should worry about, but definently look at exercising. Youve got to go for it and remember that if you stop then youre only going to get fatter. Definently cardo, long distance running combined with ab work and some weight, is the best way to get rid of it in my experience.
Sig by me

leonardo23
Sophomore Member

Post by leonardo23 » 27 Mar 2011, 07:29

well first of all i want to tell you that you should listen to your body, and i know its sometimes difficult to take it easy cause you want to eat the world in a bite but its better not to hurry as things may go wrong and you can overtrain very easy

now that i have said that, i would do 2 times interval plus 2 times rope as a maximum depending how you feel and the interval training is running 3 min 70-75% intensity and 2 min 30%(so its a very slow jog) for 20 to 25 min plus 5 of jog and 5 of cool down

if you do 2 of one exercise and 1 of other 1 week i would do 2 jump rope and 1 interval

im going to explain how the fat storage works and the abs stuff so you can understand what can help you achieving your goal, YOU DONT HAVE TO DO EVERYTHING but you will be able to decide wisely:

abs is just a matter of being careful with what you eat, you can do cardio all day long to burn fat but if you are eating it back it will be pointless so try to avoid fat in cooking and fatty foods as much as posible, like oil and that things and completely avoid junk food.

another way to lose fat is by making your metabolism faster. u can do that by splitting your calorie intake in 5 or 6 foods so your metabolism is always working and you loose more calories for doing nothing, gaining muscle also has this effect

also your body transforms all the carbohydrates you don't use into fat so it can be easily store and use it in future so don't eat 5 pancakes with syrup and honey or pasta and fruit before you sit down behind the computer by 3 hours or before you sleep or something, unless you have a game next day early or you just train

ps:you can have the fruit and the drink but don't drink 1 liter and a watermelon, just with moderation

Sherard
New User

Re: Losing That Bit of Stomach Fat?

Post by Sherard » 13 Mar 2014, 11:49

Hi Desire,
To lose that bit of stomach fat, exercise regularly, never skip breakfast and avoid eating late. Drink more water than routine, have green tea and take low carb food meals. Take more proteins through your meals and manage stress.
Doctors Studio
Lisbeth Roy, D.O.
6400 N Andrews Avenue Suite 120
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33309
561 - 444 - 7751