What to do at the gym

Physical conditioning, injuries, nutrition and everything related to fitness
collin
Veteran Member

What to do at the gym

Post by collin » 12 Feb 2011, 02:51

hey guys i finally just got a gym member at this place down the street! so pumped i plan on going there alot, they have basically every machine and i was just wondering if you guys can give me some ideas on some good soccer workouts. the first time i went i did some treadmill, biking, calf raises, leg press, chest workout machines and some bicep workout machines. What other machines that you guys know of are some good machines for socce related muscles? Also on the treadmill i started off doing 2 miles, then after that i put the treadmill on max incline and i put it at 11 mph and what i did was i would do this for 30 seconds, so its like sprinting up a hill almost, its really tiring but a great workout for me, i was just curious will this help me get faster since its like resistance running? also any other workout or simulations i could do on the treadmill. Also i know that people say running on a treadmill is different then running on normal surface because it does some of the work for you, but my question is how many miles on a treadmill would be simulating 2 miles on a normal surface? any ideas are very appreciative! thanks

scottS4
Veteran Member

Post by scottS4 » 12 Feb 2011, 04:23

I always reccomend this leg workout:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDgbr0ayQ44

That guys youtube channel has alot of great stuff.

For upper body, the exercises I'd reccomend are bench press, chin ups, pull ups, 1 arm row, shoulder press and dips.

Whatever you end up doing, make sure you do multiple sets. By your last set, it should be really tough to finish the last few reps. Thats the best way to really build the muscles.

leonardo23
Sophomore Member

Post by leonardo23 » 13 Feb 2011, 02:03

i think you should put more information about you, like you height, weight, age, your goals(if you want to lose fat, gain muscle, get speed, basically why you get in the gym) and another important thing is how often you can go and how often you train, for how long, which type of tainning you do, etc

p.s. about the treadmill im pretty sure you just need 1 degree of inclination to simulate the resistance of the wind, and you shouldn't the the treadmill thing you said you do, i think its dangerous and there are better ways to improve speed

leonardo23
Sophomore Member

Post by leonardo23 » 13 Feb 2011, 02:06

i forget to put that you also need to put if you play matches, which day of the week are them, its important to put all that so you don't get hurt or burn out

Tripple26
New User

Re: What to do at the gym

Post by Tripple26 » 20 Apr 2015, 10:17

I am playing a rec football league in April and I am wondering if if I still have time to work on my fitness. I was fit a couple months ago, but since football season was over I am have loss my fitness. Is it to late to start running? or What should I start of with if I still have time?
Try out our free VCP550D dumps and latest comptia training courses 640-722 exam to get high flying success in final and www.northeastern.edu exams, mcts College of Notre Dame of Maryland is also very useful tool.

PremiereAcademy
New User

Re: What to do at the gym

Post by PremiereAcademy » 29 May 2015, 01:28

If you wanted to get specific, it would depend on where your at within your soccer season, and what your short and long term goals are.
Different areas of your game such as speed, power, agility, strength, and endurance all need different exercises, sets, reps and rest.

To keep this short, some of the comments earlier are overall correct. Chin Ups, pull ups, push ups, lunges and squats (anything multi joint) and don't forget to modify them frequently. Do NOT do sit ups and do NOT do many exercises using machines. Important notes are do not neglect your CORE stability / power and do not neglect your flexibility.

Hope this helps!

Coach Shawn
www.premieresocceracademy.ca