Am I eating too much to lose weight?

Physical conditioning, injuries, nutrition and everything related to fitness
ImpossibleIsNothing6

I'm trying to lose some stomach fat which is blocking my abs. I'm not fat, scientifically I'm underweight as my BMI suggests. At the moment I have a knee injury which reduces me to the exercise bike, I work out 3 times a week, and every other day I use the exercise bike for 10 minutes twice a day.

This is how I eat on weekends (school days are pretty similar so I wont mention them)

wake up 8:30
breakfast by 8:50 (3 items)
lunch by 12:00pm (3 items)
afternoon meal by 3pm ( 3 items)
dinner 6-7pm (large protein meal which I utilize after my workout) - it's a family meal.
And I'm alseep at a maximum of 12:30am, althogh I never manage to stay awake that long anyway.

I eat zero junk food, no chips, soda's, none of that 'food'. I just eat things like assorted nuts/seeds, fruit, bread, ham, cheese, milk, vege's. It's a pretty balanced diet.

I am 14years old, 15 this year in june

nick117
Veteran Member

A decent way to do what you want to do is find out how many calories you burn naturally per day there are some websites for this i believe. Then calculate how many you burn with the bike. Add those together and that's what you will lose per day (obviously). From that point you just need to eat less than that amount while still being fed properly.

If you have an iphone or ipad theres an app that will break down 90% of the nutritional value with food i can't remember the name but if you want to you can use it to help keep track of what your taking in.

Had2bHarry
Veteran Member

It sounds like you're on the right track, perhaps just because youre injured at the moment youre not going to be able to burn as much calories as when youre training in full flight. Exercise bikes are good, but have you tried other things as well, like swimming? I did alot of swimming while I was injured a couple of years ago and its an excellent way to keep fit.

Your diet sounds good, although make sure you get your 2-3 serves of lean meat, chicken etc per week, and drink plenty of water.
Sig by me

ImpossibleIsNothing6

Thanks man (: