Knee injury alternative exercise

Physical conditioning, injuries, nutrition and everything related to fitness
ImpossibleIsNothing6

As you may of read in my previous topic i have a knee injury, and i'm trying to stay off it. I still dont know what it is yet, and i need something or or some exercises to keep my weight off and fitness up a bit. I have been doing exercise biking, but i have realised that the seat is to low and unajustable, so ive stopped that immediately - even though i wa using a low resistance, my knees seemed to go down to like a 90 degree angle, which wasnt good for it.

Could i do something like cardio-vascular specific sit-up/crunches/push-up sessions? with high intensity or something? I already have a upper body routine which i have been doing, but thats only for 3 times a week. any ideas pleaseee?

TommyGun
Veteran Member

ImpossibleIsNothing6 wrote:As you may of read in my previous topic i have a knee injury, and i'm trying to stay off it. I still dont know what it is yet, and i need something or or some exercises to keep my weight off and fitness up a bit. I have been doing exercise biking, but i have realised that the seat is to low and unajustable, so ive stopped that immediately - even though i wa using a low resistance, my knees seemed to go down to like a 90 degree angle, which wasnt good for it.

Could i do something like cardio-vascular specific sit-up/crunches/push-up sessions? with high intensity or something? I already have a upper body routine which i have been doing, but thats only for 3 times a week. any ideas pleaseee?
I'd recommend staying off it completely until you know exactly what is going on with it. I know exactly what you're going through(coming off a broken foot a couple months back) but you honestly don't want to make it worse.

In regards to your other thread about ice and heat, here's what I would do. If you have a removable shower head, turn the water on hot and heat your knee and surrounding area for 5-10 minutes. Then you can either go to luke warm(room temp) for a bit then turn it cold and go over the same area for the same amount of time, or just take a cold bath. I'd recommend the shower thing if it's just your knee. After you're out of the shower, you can continue to ice the area to numb it up(reduces pain) and reduce inflammation.

pickyourheadup
Veteran Member

Have you seen a doctor or physical therapist yet?
My Architecture Blog(updated 02-12-13)

soccerjj

How serious is the knee injury? Does it hurt a lot to run? It could be osgood shlatter as you are 14, but you should probs see as a doctor.

to keep up your conditioning while injured you could do a little circuit of exercise e.g. (dips, push ups, planks, chin ups etc)

But if i was you it sounds like you need to focus on getting bigger and stronger.

ImpossibleIsNothing6

Thanks everyone, that shower heard thing is a great idea, but mine isn't removable, so i might just try the bath thing. Hopefully this week i will going to physio, but my mum spazes up at me everytime i remind her about it, shes a tight ass when it comes to money. She's trying to make it out that i'm faking it and sh*t :S. Shes crazy. Hopefully she'll take me :/

Thanks