Guide to Reducing the Effects of Weed, Cigarettes etc.

Physical conditioning, injuries, nutrition and everything related to fitness
Rummandinho

Rummandinho/TehGoatLord's Guide to Reducing the Effects of Weed, Cigarettes etc.

AKA

The Stoner's Guide to be The Rocker

AKA

I'm High

First off, I'm a rightback. Ex-Captain, Part-time comedian and a stoner.

But I still play Top-Flight UnderGround football. We don't have coaches, managers or any of the crap. It's just us Captains, teams and players. The fields are sort of really small, so stamina is of hardly any issue but still matters.
I learned how to minimize the effects of my vices to play.
Don't think you can do all the crap and still turn out to be the next Robert Green, Jonathan Greening or Gaëtan Bong.

Weed:
We all smoke MJ through bongs or joints. Eitherways, any smoke inside your lungs is a bad idea. Bad, bad, baaaad for Stamina.
The solution is not spending hours baking a giant grub of cake but something more easier to manage and get done with.

Weed Tea:
Tastes sh*t, lasts longer, high is different, no smoke, no smell.

Recipe:
Grind your herb down as fine as you can. Use your mother's blender if need be.
Put the powder MJ in a cup and add water.
Set Microwave to 2 or 3 minutes.
Microwave the herb solution.
Take out the cup every 30 seconds and stir well.
Repeat until time runs out.

Consume it as soon as possible. Don't give me crap about THC needs fat or alcohol to metabolize. Absolute crap. I got high.
Just add a wad of butter at the bottom if you don't believe me.

Voila, you don't have to inhale smoke like a Toyota to smoke weed!

Cigarettes:
The worst thing you can do to yourself probably :c
Unless you're counting playing in Manchester City.

You can use water filter bongs to smoke cigarettes if you're that much obsessed about it.
Make a custom bong for it.

Trying to Quit:
I quit smoking once when I was 13-14 (Enter self righteous speech about how not smoking helped me and how I did it with my noble qualities)
Then I picked it up again a few months ago. I'm 17.

I'm on a 1 month break from smoking now. You just quit buying the packs and take a deep breath when someone lights it. Helps me. Also, chewing gums and mints help fight against the smoking pangs.

Willpower.
It's an essential thing to win. Whether it be the fight against your opponent, 5 transsexuals trying to rape you or quitting smoking. You HAVE to have the mentality to quit smoking. You will have to tell yourself this is a fight you have to win. A match that is hanging on 0-0. Where there is no referee to say "NOT A GOAL" When Frank Lampard hit's the mark. You can't even allow yourself one puff of smoke. You have to start HATING smoking to quit it. This is essential.

What is more valuable?
Football?
or
A pack of Marlboros. Hey I'd like that
Nevermind. The thing you have to choose is what you really want to do. Don't be stuck in the middle. Be the fat kid on the seesaw. The Cigarette kids will always try to pile more kids at the other end. You have to gain weight which is your will to fight them. When the attacks are over, the kids will be gone back home and one day they'll give up the fight against the fat kid on the seesaw.

It's your choice.

Thanks to panchester07
Marijuana.com for Weed Tea

:oops:

Pichichi

Pichichi's guide to reducing the effects of weed, cigarettes, etc.

AKA

The Guide to shoot you to success

AKA

I'm sober.

First off, I'm a center-back, ex-captain, part-time student, and a part time realist.

I still play... fu** that it's just a matter of not doing it. This guide is stupid. No offense, but people with common sense pursuing a goal will realize things like weed and cigarettes are very detrimental to reaching their goal. If you don't have that ounce of common sense then read this; Don't smoke or do anything that will hinder you.

It's a matter of making smart decisions and keeping your feet on the ground and your head in the right place.

All credit goes to Me.

p793
Veteran Member

pretty stupid guide, I agree with ^
although steed malbranque smokes 20 a day ;)

Rummandinho

I thought this forum was for all types of footballers not Ohsostar footballers like you who're 100% focused on their football, amiright?

Pichichi

Smoking cigarettes is fu**ing stupid.

panchester07
Veteran Member

Both are retarded things to do if your serious about your career and other goals in general.... Specially the cigarettes, because its constant, your all day thinking about that sh*t and it fu**ing smells like crap.. Weed is "okay" once in a while for in spare time you can smoke a little and i don't think it wil harm your stamina too much.. I might smoke once or twice a month when friends invite me and I've never felt any effects on my game, if you do it on sparetime and when you don't have any other responsibilty for example a saturday or friday night i'd say its okay....

Still yeah I agree, pretty stupid guide. No offense rummandinho.
to know Him is to want to know Him more"

"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

Met

:shock:

It's just that I feel it's a bit silly to do this and try to play football. There are players on my second team I play for who smoke before, during the half time and after the football match. They are good, I just wonder how much better they would be if they stopped this foolishness.

You will have a long time to smoke all this crap if you just a few years into being good in football.
Last edited by Met on 07 Sep 2010, 20:45, edited 1 time in total.

Rome_Leader
The Italian Mod

Met wrote::shock:
Met, you have a five rating currently, so I offer you this warning:

Posting just an emote is useless, and adds nothing to the topic. Fine if you have a certain opinion, but you needn't spam the topic with just a face. At least provide a few lines of actual comment.

EDIT: Much better. :)
Last edited by Rome_Leader on 12 Sep 2010, 13:25, edited 1 time in total.

klc123
Veteran Member

:shock:

Edit:
Just kidding rome :lol:

This is stupid.

Take that advise from the black man in the waterboy film.

"Which brings me to my second point, kids. Don't, do, crack."

Edit:

And lmao i was suppose to edit before you saw.
Last edited by klc123 on 07 Sep 2010, 17:12, edited 3 times in total.

Rome_Leader
The Italian Mod

klc123 wrote::shock:
klc... You bez trollin'. Give it up. :P

panchester07
Veteran Member

The tea thing is quite interesting though..
to know Him is to want to know Him more"

"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

Icy
Veteran Member

Specially the cigarettes, because its constant, your all day thinking about that sh*t and it fu**ing smells like crap..
To be fair, I still hold a stance the 'addiction' of cigarettes is simply an excuse people use to keep smoking. I know there are studies that say the nicotine and what not are addictive, but my 'personal experiment' just didn't convince me of that.

I'm stupid, and I like to do things that people consider difficult\impossible just to see if I can. Smoking cigarettes to see the feeling of the 'addiction' was one such thing. Went a couple weeks with smoking a few (3-5ish) a day, and at the end, it was just as easy to stop, as if I hadn't done them at all.

Blah, I do a lot of 'stupid' things just to see for myself how it effects me. lol
"Somewhere along the line, we seem to have confused comfort with happiness"

klc123
Veteran Member

I can understand your curiosity Icy, but you don't really get addicted to cigarettes that quickly smoking so few a day. Being active you would find it easier to give up as well.

If you want to feel a "safe" addiction, try drinking 3+ medium sized cups of coffee a day. Do that for a month and you will start to get caffeine dependency. I'll happily admit I have caffeine addiction, because I get severe withdrawal symptoms if I go a day without it, but that being said, I can go without caffeine, I have being heavily addicted before (10 cups a day) and I didn't touch coffee for a month just to prove I could. Caffeine is supposedly one of the most addictive drugs known to man, more so than nicotine, and I could do it, so you're probably not wrong in saying "addiction" is a pathetic excuse to not try giving up.

Rome_Leader
The Italian Mod

I do as well, klc. I was never a coffee drinker, and while I drink the occasional tea, colas did it for me. I simply can't break myself of it, and must have at least one a day, often more. It's a terrible thing to get into. :p

dasfootball90

i am nobody to judge, but smoking really won't help
it will mess up your reaction time..
But i guess if you play on a small field then it won't really be a problem. unless the game is played at a high pace