Is it possible to gain weight!

Physical conditioning, injuries, nutrition and everything related to fitness
dasfootball90

Is it possible to gain weight!

Post by dasfootball90 » 19 Aug 2010, 21:05

Well I have been eating at a strict diet for a month now to get fit for my high school soccer team. Recently though I lost 3 pounds after our first soccer session. I was just wondering, if it was possible to eat healthy and gain weight while playing soccer?

Rome_Leader
The Italian Mod

Post by Rome_Leader » 19 Aug 2010, 21:54

Of course it is. There is no secret to gaining weight or losing it... It all revolves around simple Math. If calories in > calories out, you gain weight. If it's the converse, you lose weight.

Eating healthy is excellent, and it's good that you are, but that means less calories coming in. With your soccer and other activities, you're building a muscular frame that enables your body to burn calories fast whether active or not. If you want to gain weight, you'll simply have to become a little less active or (preferably), just eat more healthy food. :p Simple as that.

All roads lead to Rome.

Triskaidekaphobia: The unnatural fear of the number 13.
Most of Ballack's opposition have this phobia.

I'm Scott. Don't let the title fool you; I.AM.CANADIAN!

scottS4
Veteran Member

Post by scottS4 » 19 Aug 2010, 22:00

I also lose around 3 lbs whenever I play so always bring something to eat immediately after a practice, even if its just some almonds and a granola bar to tide you over until you get home.
For your question, yes, you can eat healthy and gain weight, you just need to eat alot. Eat around 6 or 7 times a day and try to take in 3000 calories a day or more. Focus on protein rich foods, such as peanut butter, fish, eggs, chicken, turkey, and peanuts. Protein shakes are great too, especially after a work out. If you want a suggestion, I usually blend together milk, an egg, a scoop of whey protein powder, and some nesquik. I find this is working for me, and it also tastes good.

klc123
Veteran Member

Post by klc123 » 19 Aug 2010, 23:02

The weight you lose after playing is mostly water, rehydrating is essential.

Rome_Leader
The Italian Mod

Post by Rome_Leader » 19 Aug 2010, 23:08

klc123 wrote:The weight you lose after playing is mostly water, rehydrating is essential.
Right. As is staying hydrated before the game, during the game, and getting enough water in your daily life.

All roads lead to Rome.

Triskaidekaphobia: The unnatural fear of the number 13.
Most of Ballack's opposition have this phobia.

I'm Scott. Don't let the title fool you; I.AM.CANADIAN!

johnpotter
New User

Post by johnpotter » 04 Feb 2011, 05:44

Yes its possible to Gain the weight.But its some what tough.But if you are regular for some steps then its very easy to gain your weight.

1) You have to take Regular Nutritive Diet.
2) Milk is also required.
3) Take some Fat and Oil containing Food but in a controlled manner.
4) Take sufficient Sleep.
5) Dont take tension at all for ant things.

Sherard
New User

Re: Is it possible to gain weight!

Post by Sherard » 13 Mar 2014, 11:55

Yes, it is possible to gain weight by increasing your number of meals and adding smarter food in your meal plans. Increase your caloric intake, have energy drinks and eat lots of snacks.
Doctors Studio
Lisbeth Roy, D.O.
6400 N Andrews Avenue Suite 120
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33309
561 - 444 - 7751

sophialeo2233
New User

Post by sophialeo2233 » 09 Jul 2015, 09:21

i think, you can eat healthy and gain weight, you just need to eat alot.
------------------------------------
[No advertising here... - fir_nev]

JoevanZYL
New User

Post by JoevanZYL » 24 Jul 2015, 06:29

Gain weight slowly to avoid gaining too much body fat. An exercise program that includes strength training will help you gain muscle weight. Ask your dietitian how much weight gain is right for you.

Eat a variety of healthy foods during regular meals and snacks.The following are suggested amounts of fat, carbohydrate, and protein you may need each day.

gamblee
New User

Post by gamblee » 02 May 2017, 07:23

If you will burn enough calories then you will not get weight, and if you are playing and while then you eat good then you will not gain weight that much.

missygreta
New User

Post by missygreta » 13 Dec 2017, 04:53

You need to have a balanced diet and exercise in order to maintain your weight. I would suggest that you try the intermittent diet, drink apple cider juice, and do cardio workout.