My new and improved streneous preseason training rotuine

Physical conditioning, injuries, nutrition and everything related to fitness
p793
Veteran Member

This is my new routine, I am pretty good at most technical aspects so I am just aiming to improve them all. In addition to this i'm listening to a psycological success CD. So feel free to tell me what you think of this routine, honest as possible. I think the leg weightlifting day may need improving. So just tell me any feedback please as I have spent a while on this.
-----------IGNORE THIS GAP------------

-----------IGNORE THIS GAP------------

soccerjj

Technical stuff looks a lot better!

p793
Veteran Member

Thanks soccer JJ. I am going to actually incorperate some heading and more passing drills into this, do you think the abs workout is okay? also what do you do for your leg days? I know you have critisised the legs before.
I think this routine is pretty strong now would you agree or what would you change

ImpossibleIsNothing6

Why have you posted this in both this forum, AND the Training Routines forum P793? 8)

Juice

Whats you goals regarding the strength part?
If its to gain muscle mass, I would recommend you to decrease the reps to 8.
If you want leaner muscles, I would do 12 reps...
It looks good though :)

The most important key to success is self-confidence.
The most important key to self-confidence is preparation.

p793
Veteran Member

ImpssoibleIsNothing6- I posted in both because I wasnt sure which routine section to post it in and which one would get the best feedback.

Juice- Thanks, Well I am 6ft 1 and weigh 10 stone 4 so my aim is to gain muscle mass, should I do 8 for all exersizes?

What do you guys think of the abs part?

Juice

Juice- Thanks, Well I am 6ft 1 and weigh 10 stone 4 so my aim is to gain muscle mass, should I do 8 for all exersizes?
You can do more reps for the abs, but for the other exercises you should do 8 reps, 3sets and about 30sec rest between the sets..

IMPORTANT note though; Since you want to gain muscle mass its really important that your struggling HARD (without messin up your form) in your last 2 reps, during every sets and every exercise.
Ofc, if you fell that you have one or two more reps inside you, that you should do them but try to make sure that you cant do any more after the 8th rep.

Good luck :D
(Excuse the sh*tty English)

The most important key to success is self-confidence.
The most important key to self-confidence is preparation.

MUFC1994
Veteran Member

Use weights for your abdominal exercises. Make is challenging enough were u can't do more than 15 reps. Don't forget lower back work. (supermans, back extensions etc.)

If you are training for speed don't do 10-12 reps. Go heavy (4-8 if you want to gain speed.

Also, make sure you have good form for the deadlifts and squats.
Last edited by MUFC1994 on 14 Jul 2010, 00:34, edited 1 time in total.
"The road to athletic greatness is not marked by perfection but the ability to constantly overcome adversity and failure."

Juicygriot17

I think you should definitely replace the lat pulldowns with pull ups, they definitely build more mass and do wonders for your back, arms, and grappling strength. Also I would put push ups in there becuase its a great upper body exercise and it develops stabilizers that arent trained by the bench press.

Otherwise this routine is good

Emi
New User

yeah..... pull ups trains Lats,traps,Spinals and biceps so its a good exercise for the back training......if you want to develop the back more....try T bar row,Deadlift.....and Romanian deadlift(works the femurals,lower back,spinals,traps) :wink: :wink: :wink:

p793
Veteran Member

MUFC- would you reccomend 4-8 for leg training? I obviously want to increase speed and strength, but dont want to become too bulky, but also from the routine it said do 12 reps quickly for explosive power? What do you guys think?

p793
Veteran Member

MUFC- would you reccomend 4-8 for leg training? I obviously want to increase speed and strength, but dont want to become too bulky, but also from the routine it said do 12 reps quickly for explosive power? What do you guys think?

Juicygriot17

i think 4-8 reps helps strength and speed, and i think it helps explosiveness as well, but make sure its heavy for you