Sex, ejaculation and athletic performance

Physical conditioning, injuries, nutrition and everything related to fitness

Do you believe testosterone levels have an effect on how agressive you are and your overall athletic performances?

Yes
86%
No
14%

Total votes: 66

romania_soccer

Well since the old thread got deleted and no one knows who it is, or the person doesn't want to say it. I'm starting it back for the people interested.

"Chinese researchers conducted a study in 2003, and enlisted twenty-eight male volunteers to abstain from ejaculation for a period of one week. The participants were tested daily for deviations on serum testosterone levels. The Chinese study was the first to measure the influence of ejaculation frequency on serum testosterone levels, and the results are provocative.

Researchers found that abstaining from ejaculation for six days had no impact on serum testosterone levels. On the seventh day, serum testosterone levels peaked to 145.7% of baseline, and then declined rapidly on the eighth day.

Researchers believe testosterone declined on day eight from the negative feedback suppression of Leutinizing hormone secretion. Leutinizing hormone is essential for testosterone production, and LH determines free testosterone levels. Suppression of LH would decrease serum testosterone levels, returning them to baseline. The study determined that the frequency of sexual activity and ejaculation impacted testosterone levels"

Info taken from: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/south99.htm

Well, what you have to remember from this is that if you have an important match, you might want to restrain yourself from any sexual activity the week before. (ex: you have an important game tuesday, the tuesday the week before up to AFTER the game is finished.)

The 2 studies:

Jiang M. Periodic changes in serum testosterone levels after ejaculation in men. Sheng Li Xue Bao 2002 Dec 25;54(6):535-8

Jiang M, Xin J, Zou Q, Shen JW. A research on the relationship between ejaculation and serum testosterone level in men. J Zhejiang Univ Sci. 2003 Mar-Apr;4(2):236-40.

What do you guys think?
Immediately start dealing with it.

Maradona
Veteran Member

Seems interesting that something so apart of football could really change the way I play.
The rules of soccer are very simple, basically it is this: if it moves, kick it. If it doesn’t move, kick it until it does.

peps1154
Veteran Member

I read somewhere that if a sexually active person (1 a day) goes with out it for more than 5 days he will have a "wet dream" which will relive him anyways.

romania_soccer

Well, this is not true for everyone, most of the people I know had one or never had wet dreams in all their lives, and some of them were very sexualy active ;).

dooglas
Veteran Member

abstaining from it makes you distracted. i think ejaculating takes away a big distraction, and you the person can choose to be more or less aggressive, if you let your testosterone control how you play then you wont do nething lol.
Wow, he just megged three people, maradonas around the last defender, and missed the shot, then not five minutes later a guy on the other team shoots when he gets the ball and scores...

who would you rather be?

Magicfeet

I don't know if this is related, but after a 90 minute match, I certainly feel shagged out. :roll:

fir_nev
Sgt. I can't get enough of Asian chicks

An Arabian team once partied the night away at a stripper club and they lost the game to an easy opponent the next day...

that's what it can do for you.. expecially when when it comes to running...

ROIUSA
Veteran Member

arabian teams tend 2 SUCK anyway(not ripping any arabians, but yall teams suck)
I was raised on Celtic, their history and their pride
With my culture and my faith, I wear the green & white.

They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who does not want to be broken -Bobby Sands MP

fir_nev
Sgt. I can't get enough of Asian chicks

Let's not put down teams... A general thread needs a general opinion relating to the topic.

supersyed

I read sum wer that sperm contains whip amounts of energy and nutrients, which all leave the body, when ejaculating. I think this was also a chinese research. I also read that, thats 1 of the reasons women live longer than men, coz we give them this energy and the nutrients. Also, thats Y men feel drained out after sex. So u shuldnt do it b4 a mach, coz ul b lackin the energy.
Too much power.
www.soccerfreaks.co.nr

sgt.pepper
New User

The fact that the Arabian team was partying all night and didnt get enough sleep probably had more to do with the loss than any increased sexual activity. However, I have heard that sexual activity the day before or of a match decreases your available energy, and it seems somewhat true. If you release your pent up energy sexually, it stands to reason you wont have as much for football.
Everyone dies; only some will live.

AC_Milan>*

So does this mean girls dont play aggressive, or does there sex hormone relate to them too? But I'm not believing this at all.

Sig by me.

Futbolstud
Veteran Member

arabian teams tend 2 SUCK anyway(not ripping any arabians, but yall teams suck)[quote]

by the way he said that i reckin you got a confederate flag on the wall behin yerr ya'll take care noww
yeahhawww

romania_soccer

No, it's not saying testosterone level is the ONLY factor to agressiveness. Studies here found higher testosterone levels, which lead to increased agressiveness and etc. etc. read the article. Girls have very very low testosterone levels, the female hormone is oestrogen and that is a whole other subject. I haven't seen any studies that talk about female hormone levels related to this.

R9KEvinR9
Veteran Member

:lol: i bet a couple of u guys have tried beatin your meat to see if its true