Overweight issues!

Physical conditioning, injuries, nutrition and everything related to fitness
Cesc4
Sophomore Member

Overweight issues!

Post by Cesc4 » 01 Mar 2010, 23:24

i've got a very low motabilism, i'm 2 kg overweight....doesen't sound a lot but im very concerned....i've tried my best 2 loose dis weight but it aint goin to plan i need to atleast loose 10kg! any help guys???

scottS4
Veteran Member

Post by scottS4 » 01 Mar 2010, 23:39

i remember you from a few months ago. you said you could run 100 m in like 11.5 seconds. if thats even true, than your weight issues dont matter. it will even make things easier, because you'll be able to push people around with your weight.

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 01 Mar 2010, 23:41

Haha.. More exercise, less food? No food after 6.00pm? Do you go to the gym? Lifting weights accelerates your metabolism so much, and the more muscle the more fat you burn so its double the good.. Do some cardio..
to know Him is to want to know Him more"

"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

bsc
Veteran Member

Post by bsc » 02 Mar 2010, 03:18

Intensive cardio work outs and a complete healthy diet.
Fruits, vegetables, and good protein don't cancel out deserts and snacks. If you're extremely serious and committed you need to pretty much eliminate all of the bad things from your diet that do nothing to help you (chips, candy, popcorn, pop tarts, etcetera). This combined with the right kinds of exercise should guarantee some loss of excess fat. changing your eating routine is half the battle. if you can snack on things like carrots, grapes and celery instead of unhealthy foods you will be doing yourself a favour.

if your diet is already good it's going to be all about the correct excersizes (I'm not too educated on what types specifically are the best)
Image Image
And the dreams that you dare to dream, really do come true

FuturProo1996
Sophomore Member

Re: Overweight issues!

Post by FuturProo1996 » 02 Mar 2010, 05:15

Cesc4 wrote:i've got a very low motabilism, i'm 2 kg overweight....doesen't sound a lot but im very concerned....i've tried my best 2 loose dis weight but it aint goin to plan i need to atleast loose 10kg! any help guys???
try 2 get rid of da fatts

Cesc4
Sophomore Member

Post by Cesc4 » 02 Mar 2010, 17:34

yh its my diet that needs to change..its getting better as i've grown in height ...i was kinda short back in the summer i've grown three inches since march 2009 5ft 11 now so it'll be a good contribution to my weight...but still lil bit overweight, thanks everyone!

klc123
Veteran Member

Post by klc123 » 02 Mar 2010, 19:54

How can you be 2 kg overweight?

For one, if you run 100m in 11.5 seconds, theres a good chance that your not over weight, your simply a muscular build. If your using a BMI calculator to work out how much weight you should weigh, then its wrong. BMI calculators only work for average people who live average amounts of active lifestyle, a footballer/athlete is most certainly not average, so take things with a pinch of salt.

Look at yourself in the mirror and think, do i look fat? when you move is there alot of flab or is it all muscle and toned? As a footballer you need to find the right balance of muscle, because a body builder build is going to do you no good when your trying to run 90 minutes, whilest having nothing will mean your easily pushed off the ball and will be very slow and weak.

Ideally a footballer will want to have as low amount of body fat as available so that any weight he is carrying is the bare essentials and everything else is pure muscle which cancels itself out by been able to more than shift its own weight around.

If you have got a very muscular build, take care to not get over built as i said, because you may be lightening fast and strong, but you will only hold that tempo up for 5-10 minutes at tops at best. A good checkpoint to have is Ronaldo, he is pretty much the perfect definition of athletic build, hes the right width and weight for his height and he is completely toned with little to no fat.

Another key pointer ill give you is to make sure you don't neglect your legs in training/weight lifting. If you end up with a very strong upper body, not only does it mean that your body is out of proportion and your legs will be under more stress than they should be, but it also raises your centre of gravity, making you more clumsy and unbalanced. Messi and Ronaldo may both have athletic and muscular upper bodies, Ronaldo in particular, but on the other end of the spectrum, both have absolutely massive legs which lowers their centre of gravity giving them more balance and ultimately more speed and endurance.

Cesc4
Sophomore Member

Post by Cesc4 » 03 Mar 2010, 18:13

i got it from BMI...so thats not all that to follow!?

mint
EF Drug Baron

Post by mint » 03 Mar 2010, 19:04

In my opinion the BMI system is a bag of bollocks, some professional rugby players have BMI which says there overweight but there not, its just pure muscle, i wouldn't worry about it as long as you dont have much fat.
i was made to ignite

alex694
New User

Re: Overweight issues!

Post by alex694 » 13 Jul 2010, 10:11

Cesc4 wrote:i've got a very low motabilism, i'm 2 kg overweight....doesen't sound a lot but im very concerned....i've tried my best 2 loose dis weight but it aint goin to plan i need to atleast loose 10kg! any help guys???
Today as I think that almost people are facing this problem but according to me if you take protein supplement than you can maintain it.....