strange pain in tendons of knee??

Physical conditioning, injuries, nutrition and everything related to fitness
oscarjackson

recently when ive been shooting during pre season (especially when i put power into the shot) my knee has been acting strangly. if you feel the back of your right knee, the left most tendon. this has been hurting sometimes after shooting. maybe its because i havnt played in a while, im not sure.
i just got into the reserves for this great team and id hate to miss the start of the season. any ideas??
thanks

Patoo
Sophomore Member

Isnt this the back cruciate ligament?
I'm not sure but it sounds like this

Did you warm up enough

panchester07
Veteran Member

oscarjackson wrote:recently when ive been shooting during pre season (especially when i put power into the shot) my knee has been acting strangly. if you feel the back of your right knee, the left most tendon. this has been hurting sometimes after shooting. maybe its because i havnt played in a while, im not sure.
i just got into the reserves for this great team and id hate to miss the start of the season. any ideas??
thanks
Are you kidding me? I just got rid of this pain yesterday.. It started on friday and I told a few members here that I was mad cause I could practice... The only difference is I got it in the back of my left knee, and the right most tendon... It hurt everytime I ran, everytime I did highknees, or but kickers (my personal warm up), and it dint go away with stretching...

What I did: I went to the gym, did 30 minutes of bycycle on high level resistance.... The bike has 20 levels, I would do 8 minutes in the 15th level, and 2 minutes in the 20th level, and continue.. After that my legs where pretty swollen and pumped... The pain had already eased, then I went to the leg machines, and did all the exercises ONLY with the leg in pain..... Today I woke up, and the pain had gone completely..
---
Edit: In fact, it feels better than ever.. Just by working it out .. Highly recommend it yes or yes mate
to know Him is to want to know Him more"

"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

oscarjackson

ok thanks for the advice,
i dont think its got tha much to do with stretching because it can happen just when im walking around the house.
ive been doing some mountainbike riding so that should help, i should also tell you that it also happens to my left leg, but not so much because i havnt been shooting with it lately. so it must be something to do with muscle loss over summer and that somehow straining the tendon.
ill give the gym a go, otherwise ill hav to see a doctor or something.
thanks

panchester07
Veteran Member

Trust me youll be fine with the gym.. Anyway post what happened..

And I had all kinds of muscular pains and what not.. 95% of them have gone away with proper strengthening of the right muscles.. Something so simple yet so effective :o
to know Him is to want to know Him more"

"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

oscarjackson

panchester07 wrote:Trust me youll be fine with the gym.. Anyway post what happened..

And I had all kinds of muscular pains and what not.. 95% of them have gone away with proper strengthening of the right muscles.. Something so simple yet so effective :o
sorry this is old but id like to let you know that my knees fine now =D i got acupuncture on it and i havnt had any trouble with it so far, he also used heat treatment on it. i didnt have much faith in this idea at first but im glad my mum got me to go. i did also do a bit of gym work but not heaps

pickyourheadup
Veteran Member

Glad to hear!

Just our of curiosity, did you hear a popping sound before it started to hurt? Also, could you not straighten your leg or bend it back fully after the injury?

I'm asking because I'm dealing with a slight ACL tear at the moment.
My Architecture Blog(updated 02-12-13)

Pichichi

Think I'll drop by and say I had the same thing in the back of my right knee. If I had the same thing as yall I'm not sure, but I assumed it was muscles from my hamstring connecting to my calf. I rested for 3 days and during those three days stretched those two muscles, as well as my quad to be sure. No problem after that. I think panchester is right though, strengthen the hamstring by biking or curls and it'll straighten itself out.

oscarjackson

i dont think there was a noise and i could bend it fine, with just a slight pain.. it was just a pain that came quickly and most times stayed sore for a while. but it made me completely lack confidence in playing hard.
hope you sort yours out