I need a few tips to loose like 10 -15 pounds!? Routine?

Physical conditioning, injuries, nutrition and everything related to fitness
MUFC1994
Veteran Member

Post by MUFC1994 » 09 Oct 2009, 20:06

panchester07 wrote:
MUFC1994 wrote:
powell wrote:Its not very technical but i lost 14 pounds in about 4 weeks running 5 miles per night with about 1 or 2 nights off per week, whilst i was eating my usually foods just cutting back on the snacks. If i had dieted and maybe did more exercises it could have been more so ..

My point is that running is a great way to burn fat so add it into a routine along with the right foods, etc.
But the problem with running is it causes muscular atrophy which slows down your metabolism....and once you finish jogging the 5 miles, your metabolism slows down back to its normal metabolic rate. Whereas with weight training 30 minutes of it raises your metabolic rate for 24 hours!
isnt muscle atrophy when you have a weeker muscle. I.E. your right leg is much much stronger than your left leg?

Hey guys thanks for the tips, i really apppreciate it good luck to all of you!
Atrophy is just decrease in muscle size and strength.....Panchester, just find a good program, you'll just have to experiment. Try like cardio 4 days a week and weight lifting 2-3 days a week
"The road to athletic greatness is not marked by perfection but the ability to constantly overcome adversity and failure."

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 09 Oct 2009, 22:10

thanks sir yeah i will.. thanks for the tips all of you,and remember if you ever feel shaky, just look at my sig :)

MUFC1994
Veteran Member

Post by MUFC1994 » 09 Oct 2009, 22:17

panchester07 wrote:thanks sir yeah i will.. thanks for the tips all of you,and remember if you ever feel shaky, just look at my sig :)
also, do you have access to weights?
"The road to athletic greatness is not marked by perfection but the ability to constantly overcome adversity and failure."

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 09 Oct 2009, 22:20

MUFC1994 wrote:
panchester07 wrote:thanks sir yeah i will.. thanks for the tips all of you,and remember if you ever feel shaky, just look at my sig :)
Yeah i do sir why? any recomendation?
to know Him is to want to know Him more"

"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

MUFC1994
Veteran Member

Post by MUFC1994 » 09 Oct 2009, 22:52

panchester07 wrote:
MUFC1994 wrote:
Ya, to lose weight do a lot of leg and back execises like:
Lower Body: Front Squats, deadlifts, romanian deadlifts, calf raises both single leg and double leg, leg extensions, Single leg deadlifts, single leg squats, lunges, split jumps, jump squats, lunges, and lying hip extensions.

Back and core: BB rows, DB rows, hyperextensions, shrugs, bent over rows, standing upright rows, pullups, crunches, bike crunches, russian twists, v-ups, and planks.

Upper body: pushups, military press, pullups, and chinups, and bench press. Try not to do to much bench press.

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 10 Oct 2009, 02:30

MUFC1994 wrote:
panchester07 wrote:
MUFC1994 wrote: also, do you have access to weights?
Lower Body: Front Squats, deadlifts, romanian deadlifts, calf raises both single leg and double leg, leg extensions, Single leg deadlifts, single leg squats, lunges, split jumps, jump squats, lunges, and lying hip extensions.

Back and core: BB rows, DB rows, hyperextensions, shrugs, bent over rows, standing upright rows, pullups, crunches, bike crunches, russian twists, v-ups, and planks.

Upper body: pushups, military press, pullups, and chinups, and bench press. Try not to do to much bench press.
awesome man, im starting this asap thanks for all the contribtuions in this thread, in a month i hope to loose like 15 pounds..

Ps why the heck did you copy my sig?

MUFC1994
Veteran Member

Post by MUFC1994 » 10 Oct 2009, 02:50

panchester07 wrote:
MUFC1994 wrote:
panchester07 wrote: Yeah i do sir why? any recomendation?

awesome man, im starting this asap thanks for all the contribtuions in this thread, in a month i hope to loose like 15 pounds..

Ps why the heck did you copy my sig?
I never saw you use that sig and I've been using mine for like a year......

powell
English Meister

Post by powell » 10 Oct 2009, 14:03

Do all that for a month and you'll fail big time. Cardio Vascular is the best way to lose weight.

Weights are good but wont get you to lose 15 pounds in a month, wiehgts will definatley help you to build up your muscles and tone up but if your looking at losing weight do some CV workouts.

klc123
Veteran Member

Post by klc123 » 10 Oct 2009, 17:14

Weights will make you put on weight because you will gain muscle which weighs alot more than fat does...As posted above me, the best way to burn up your fat stores is to do alot of cardio work, which means aerobic work such as very very long runs. You never see a fat marathon runner do you...

MUFC1994
Veteran Member

Post by MUFC1994 » 10 Oct 2009, 19:16

powell wrote:Do all that for a month and you'll fail big time. Cardio Vascular is the best way to lose weight.

Weights are good but wont get you to lose 15 pounds in a month, wiehgts will definatley help you to build up your muscles and tone up but if your looking at losing weight do some CV workouts.
Agreed, but he asked for some weight training and I gave him some, but like i said previously, to have total fitness you need to do both weight training and Cardio.

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 12 Oct 2009, 16:32

im replacing weights with non weight exercises that give strength because i had an issue at my gym :oops: .. i got my routine for that too, i hope it helps..

Ps. i know you like me but really? did you have to copy my sig :P

pickyourheadup
Veteran Member

Post by pickyourheadup » 12 Oct 2009, 16:38

Panchester, congrats on making your routine...now enough routine editing and start training! :lol: :D

Also, Rooney never said " If you ignore all fear, all distractions and truly just run with your dream... you will live it. If you aren't ready to put that much into it, your dreams will stay in your head ", so MUFC1994 definetly did have that sig before you.
My Architecture Blog(updated 02-12-13)

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 12 Oct 2009, 16:43

i know i know and im not so sure about the rooney thing, im pretty sure he did say it that day to that guy and all... I was like rooney, how do you get these smart ass quotes and why didnt anyone else think about it before?? Rooney !!!!! :lol:

I already started running 6km per day today will be my 5th day running it, after that i would do bycycle (legs,) and leg exercises in my gym but like i said, i cant get in my gym for some reason with my credit card..
ill just replace those above exercises with pushups sit ups and all kinds of non-weight leg exercises (that you can also tell me about because i want lot).

im still staying strong on the running part and i am running average 42 kms per week that i guess its alright

MUFC1994
Veteran Member

Post by MUFC1994 » 12 Oct 2009, 19:34

Panchester, try switching up the distances, Also, make sure to keep track of your best times, so you can see if you are improving.

unknown

Post by unknown » 12 Oct 2009, 20:16

actually u wanna do the opposite of very very long runs. HIIT - High intensity interval training is the best for weight loss. U do full speed springs for short amounts of time. there are specific routines u can do for example:
40 seconds full speed then 15 seconds jogging then back to 40 seconds full speed then 15 seconds jogging. do that for around 4 mins everyday and u shud c progress pretty quickly.