Weight Training

Physical conditioning, injuries, nutrition and everything related to fitness
MUFC1994
Veteran Member

Post by MUFC1994 » 21 Sep 2009, 10:22

Kakasgotskillz wrote:Deadlifting is a really big step for him though, he should stick to simpler exercises (which are less risky) like lat pull and rows.
Not a huge step.....if he starts with just the bar......IMO its the best exercise.
"The road to athletic greatness is not marked by perfection but the ability to constantly overcome adversity and failure."

Rulezzz
Veteran Member

Post by Rulezzz » 21 Sep 2009, 17:45

MUFC1994 wrote:
Kakasgotskillz wrote:Deadlifting is a really big step for him though, he should stick to simpler exercises (which are less risky) like lat pull and rows.
Not a huge step.....if he starts with just the bar......IMO its the best exercise.
what about when the bar becomes too light?

Make sure you consume protein, thats the important part, if you wanna build muscle, id possibly reccomend a supplement such as creatine. When you take on carbs you want to take on the right type of carbs, but as a footballer you will also need to take on a lot to get the best performance.

By the way when taking protein, id reccomend you take it first thing in the morning as you get up and before and after exercise. Some people take it just before bed, but im not so sure i dont like to eat anything after dinner.
CRYSTAL PALACE FC
keller8
"If you don't believe in yourself why should anyone else?" Andrei Shevchencko.

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 21 Sep 2009, 18:11

if i wanna get cut and defined in my arms and abs, what types of exercises should i do and how many reps and sets of each? ....and in the case i wanna get stronger in my legs, then how should i procede?

sorry if its been asked a miliion times i havent found a clear answer :oops:

Pichichi

Post by Pichichi » 21 Sep 2009, 20:53

stop being an alcoholic.

MUFC1994
Veteran Member

Post by MUFC1994 » 21 Sep 2009, 21:10

Rulezzz wrote:
MUFC1994 wrote:
what about when the bar becomes too light?

Make sure you consume protein, thats the important part, if you wanna build muscle, id possibly reccomend a supplement such as creatine. When you take on carbs you want to take on the right type of carbs, but as a footballer you will also need to take on a lot to get the best performance.

By the way when taking protein, id reccomend you take it first thing in the morning as you get up and before and after exercise. Some people take it just before bed, but im not so sure i dont like to eat anything after dinner.
When the barbell becomes to light, he can just add weights on to it, he has access to a full gym

also, I am highly against the us of Creatine because It dehydrates you. Most weight geined while taking creatine is water weight, not muscle. It makes you look very bloated and scientists are not sure of the long and short term side effects. Dehydration is terrible for the kidneys, because they have to work much harder. Also when you are dehydrated your liver has to help ot your kidney's which slows down your fat metabolism.

If your looking for protein I'd just get it naturally, eat a lot of egg whites or egg beaters, drink skim milk, eat lots of lean meat, and green leafy vegetables.
"The road to athletic greatness is not marked by perfection but the ability to constantly overcome adversity and failure."

soccer11
Admin

Post by soccer11 » 21 Sep 2009, 22:32

I've been taking this lately:
http://www.1fast400.com/p7426_Jack3d_USP_Labs.html

If you have been working out regularly already, this will give you the best workout you've ever had. Since I've started taking it about 3 weeks ago, I'd say I've had 4 of the best workouts I've ever had. I couldn't stop working out. It was amazing. It was just 2 and a half hours of awesome workouts. It didn't do that much for me at first but the more I took it, the more intense my workouts became. Some of the reviews over- exaggerate what it does, but it does indeed work. My abs have gotten stronger and bigger as have my arms and chest and I feel like I have more energy during workouts.
If you have access to a rowing machine, take advantage of it. I do about 5000 meters on that and that's amazing cardio and also just an amazing all around workout. Take it from someone who works out everyday, this stuff works and it'll add muscle. I suggest taking a protein shake after the workout since Jack3d is a pre-workout supplement.

DR17

Post by DR17 » 22 Sep 2009, 00:22

no no creatine maybe some whey protein ?

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 23 Sep 2009, 03:15

Pichichi wrote:stop being an alcoholic.
wtf is that answer dude cant you read? do you want some dick or something where the helll do i ask about alcohol.. i dont drink 2 month ago i am 11 % body fat, and in great shape, playing in a team prolly than youl ever play in your life so i think i got my situation under control... now dont come an answer a stupid thing like you did before i.e then do more homework.. cause really thats what im expecting......

klc123
Veteran Member

Post by klc123 » 28 Sep 2009, 16:05

I drink alcohol and still play football at a high level, but never the night before games because there is nothing worse than playing with a hang over...

I have a very fast metabolism though so i don't put on body fat. Depends on the person, some people get a beer belly after 2 weeks of going out, i on the never hand don't put on weight full stop lol.

mint
EF Drug Baron

Post by mint » 29 Sep 2009, 11:25

klc123 wrote:I drink alcohol and still play football at a high level, but never the night before games because there is nothing worse than playing with a hang over...
I second that, playing with a hangover is not a good idea at all, you dont play anywhere near your best and also if u have to travel to a game been sick before a match isn't nice lol.
i was made to ignite

LiveTheDream
Veteran Member

Post by LiveTheDream » 29 Sep 2009, 23:22

mint wrote:
klc123 wrote:I drink alcohol and still play football at a high level, but never the night before games because there is nothing worse than playing with a hang over...
I second that, playing with a hangover is not a good idea at all, you dont play anywhere near your best and also if u have to travel to a game been sick before a match isn't nice lol.
Somewhat ironically one of our (admittedly weaker) players actually played heaps better than normal when she was hungover :P

All the same, I still wouldn't recommend drinking the night prior to a game simply because it IS really stupid
Don't wish things were easier...

... Wish you were better

Focus on the journey, and the result will take care of itself

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 30 Sep 2009, 05:14

I have a very fast metabolism though so i don't put on body fat. Depends on the person, some people get a beer belly after 2 weeks of going out, i on the never hand don't put on weight full stop lol.

nice to hear.. see, some members are just close minded really.., for some itss either white or balck.. for exaxmpleee pichichi i have a homie in the uruguayin league , he says all of the players drink on friday and or saturday depends wheen they play..... and really they can probably play mls level or so.. so quit hearing to your mom and everything she says abouttt drinking cause you really end up lloooking like a dumb asss.. you dont know sh*t about life.. do your homework, research, and after you do all that then try it for yourself before you come and tell anybody how to live their life..... fool you ARE AN IGNORANT..... you still smell like baby shsit, (diapers) grow up, live your life, you are longwaysssss from telling anyone else how to bbehave if you come up with some dum sh*t like that, you just assume that alochol is evil and that no one should do it without having any idea about what the players you watch every sunday do. i agree that better performance could be achieved but sincerely i hear each week of cases of players drinking...... i can name you more than 10 that drink booze on season, just grow up sonny, im probably younger than you but still you look and sound like a dumb fu**in ass, drinking is alright every now and then one just has to learn how to do it.. i guess thats the difference between me and you.. for you drinking is to get fu**ed UP and puke, for me its just taking 5 or 6 drinks at a good pace calm and steady.. i dont know why the fook im explaining really causse i dont think youll understand but it irritates me that some of you ehehehehmmmm pichichi have a sh*t judgementttt........ bitch!!!!!!

klc123
Veteran Member

Post by klc123 » 30 Sep 2009, 16:52

^^^ i really don't see the need for this reply, or the language. He made himself the idiot and looked ignorant to everyone just by leaving that comment, you didn't need to highlight that or use foul language to make it worse, a little more maturity would be appriciated...

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 30 Sep 2009, 17:56

you are right,, that is messed up.. it wont happen again i had a date last night and it went like sh*t, we didnt talk for 45 minutes... i was frustratedd, very..sorry to take it upon youu and for the silly post, im expecting a 1 rate anytime soonn :S

klc123
Veteran Member

Post by klc123 » 30 Sep 2009, 20:17

No its ok don't worry about it just try not to vent yourself at other users to much. Sorry to hear about your date, pleanty of more fish in the sea mate.

Just calm down before pressing the post button and think before hand.

Its good that you can admit you were out of order though, thats a big sign of maturity.