Weight Training

Physical conditioning, injuries, nutrition and everything related to fitness
DR17

Ok so here it is i would need a program with weight. Like bench press any thats it, id like to be faster so thanks but id like to build pecs and abs too thx

MUFC1994
Veteran Member

I dont know what kind of shape your in but try this workout:

50 squats
50 pushups
50 Jump Squats
25 stability ball Leg curls
25 stability ball knee tucks
25 pullups
50 alternating lunges or deadlifts
50 jumping burpees
50 inverted rows
50 split jumps
25 chin ups

Do this wrkout 3 times a week and you'll have a six pack in no time

If you want more exercises just let me know
"The road to athletic greatness is not marked by perfection but the ability to constantly overcome adversity and failure."

DR17

soccer11
Admin

MUFC1994 wrote:I dont know what kind of shape your in but try this workout:

50 squats
50 pushups
50 Jump Squats
25 pullups
50 jumping burpees
50 inverted rows
50 split jumps
25 chin ups

I have to say, that's quite the workout. Have you ever done that before? It seems like a lot for one workout. I think I might try it out though, or some variation of it.

MUFC1994
Veteran Member

soccer11 wrote:
MUFC1994 wrote:I dont know what kind of shape your in but try this workout:

50 squats
50 pushups
50 Jump Squats
25 pullups
50 jumping burpees
50 inverted rows
50 split jumps
25 chin ups

I have to say, that's quite the workout. Have you ever done that before? It seems like a lot for one workout. I think I might try it out though, or some variation of it.
Ya i did it it is freaking crazy hard... It's called the 500 body weight challenge.... I added some stuff to make it harder....and the goal is not to increase the weight or reps, but increase the speed of the workout. For example: if the first time you did it in 30 minutes than the next time you might aim for 28.

Also Soccer11 all the reps don't have to be completed in one set....because doing 25 pullups is nearly impossible but just try to complete each exercise as fast as possible while maintaing good form in as few sets as possible.
"The road to athletic greatness is not marked by perfection but the ability to constantly overcome adversity and failure."

DR17

also id like to know how to build like obliques and v cuts on the abs like this http://www.sixpacknow.com/ronaldo_shirtless.jpg

fr33k1ck
Veteran Member

Six pack and obliques is all about having a low body fat. You need to watch what you eat. Obliques and abs are 90% diet 10% workout.
Chelsea>Your team

Kakasgotskillz
Veteran Member

For bench, depending on what you want, you can possibly try any of these:

5x5 bench, 80% 1rep max (strengthening)

4xpyramid bench, 6-5-4-8 sequence, 85% 1repmax (building)

3x4 bench, 90% 1repmax, supersetted with 3x8 70% 1repmax every other set

or an HITT system, where you do 5 set bench (descending 8-7-6-5-max sequence 70-75-80-85-90-85% 1rep max sequence), with 2x12 50-60% sets inbetween each of your 5 set bench (15 sets in total, should take you about an hour and 15 minutes if you rest sufficiently)

MUFC1994
Veteran Member

To DR17: In order to get a six pack, you have to have great nutrition, High Intensity Cardio, and Strength training.

Nutrition Tips:

1. Eat Often, Every 2-3 hours. If you don't, your metabolism will slow down. Make sure its a healthy food though.
2. Avoid Trans Fats
3. Avoid Fried Foods
4. Avoid foods with lots of sugar
5. Drink lots of water (at least 2 liters a day) helps with fat metabolism
6. Avoid Alcohol
7. Eat healthy fats such as Avacados, olive oil, salmon, nuts, and seeds.
8. Consume lots of fruits and vegetable
9. Eat lean protein such as turkey, fish, and chicken. This will give you lots of protein without lots of fat
10. eat complex carbs such as brown rice, sweet potatoes, and whole wheat products
11. Cut out soda and juices
12. Avoid hydrogenated oils
13. Avoid High Fructose corn syrups
14. Avoid eating right before bed- the food usually turns into fat. Try to allow 3-4 hours for your food to digest
15. Get plenty of sleep.

Sample meal:
egg whites or egg beaters
1 piece of whole wheat toast with either butter or jelly
Drink: skim Milk

Sample snack:
Fruit (maybe a grapefruit or orange)
Oatmeal with a handful of raisins
Drink: Cup of water

Lunch: Grilled Chicken or fish with brown rice and brocolli
Drink: water

Snack # 2:
toast
Banana
Drink: water or protein shake

Dinner: Pretty much the same as lunch
Maybe some Grilled chicken or fish with a salad and some whole wheat pasta. Note: make sure salad has lots of vegetables. If you don't like salad have a variety of cooked vegetables
Drink Skim Milk

Snack #3: Blueberries or raw vegetables with water

Now this is just a sample meal plan, You can switch things, but aim for 6 smallish meals a day.

Cardio:

Don't do long boring slow runs if your goal is a six pack. Try high intensity runs such as the tabata interval protocol ( sprint for 20 seconds rest for 10 seconds repeat 8 times for a total of 4 minutes). Also do fartleks, HIIT, track workouts, and suicides.

Once in a while a long 45 minute run is ok to do but the problem with it is as soon as you stop, so does your metabolism. With High intensity cardio, such as the Tabata Interval Protocol, it will rev up your metabolism for the rest of the day.

Sample Track workout:

10 x 50 meter sprints walk back and repeat

8 x 100 meter sprints walk back and repeat

6 x 200 meter sprints walk back to the start and repeat

4 x 400 meter sprints rest for 2 minutes and repeat

Strength and Circuit Training:

Strength training is essential for a six pack, the more muscle you have the more calories you burn. A great way to rev up your metabolism is by using the workout I posted above. It is a body weight circuit and incorporates every muscle in your body which really revs up your metabolism. The 3 muscles that burn the most calories are: the legs (glutes, calves, hamstrings, and quads), the chest, and the entire back (rhomboids, lats, lower back, and traps.

Also, if your looking for some great ab exercises try some of these: bicycle crunches, v-ups, reverse crunches, side jacknife, Russian twists, stability ball crunches, stability ball knee tucks, and hip thrusts.

Also, what exercise equipment do you have DR17?
Last edited by MUFC1994 on 19 Sep 2009, 18:32, edited 1 time in total.

ratherton
Veteran Member

MUFC1994 wrote:
6. Avoid Boos
You mean like abuse from the crowd?

DR17

thanks mufc

MUFC1994
Veteran Member

DR17 wrote:thanks mufc
Np and what exercise equipment do you have?

DR17

a whole gym :P

MUFC1994
Veteran Member

DR17 wrote:a whole gym :P
A great muscle builder is the deadlift....and there are variation of it like SLDL RDL etc.....I'll post videos later when I get a chance

Kakasgotskillz
Veteran Member

Deadlifting is a really big step for him though, he should stick to simpler exercises (which are less risky) like lat pull and rows.