Program Help

Physical conditioning, injuries, nutrition and everything related to fitness
FCBarca364
Sophomore Member

Hey guys I have another problem. At school this year starting August 24th, I will take weights. If I make the team (tryouts are for the next 2 days), soccer practice is every weekday from 3:10 to 5:30 and Saturdays at 9. Also weightlifting is 40 minutes lifting Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, with cardio on Tuesdays and Thursdays.

My Schedule:
Monday: 40 minutes lifting, soccer practice
Tuesday: Cardio for PE, soccer practice
Wednesday: 40 minutes lifting, soccer practice
Thursday: Cardio for PE, soccer practice
Friday: 40 minutes lifting, soccer practice
Saturday: Soccer

How much work should i do on my own in order to excel?

Had2bHarry
Veteran Member

Take out the weight lifting session on Friday, the reason being to give yourself a little bit of a break and let your muscles regenerate before your game. When you do your cardio and your weightlifting, try and do it in the morning. Apart from that, it looks ok to me
Sig by me

FCBarca364
Sophomore Member

Thanks for the answer. The only problem is that I HAVE to lift on those days its my PE class lol. Thanks for the answer though. Also what can I do on my own?

Icy
Veteran Member

There is nothing wrong with lifting the day before the game as long as you're not just getting into weight lifting and you know your limits. When weight training the day before the game you won't want to go "all out" but there is nothing wrong with getting a decent workout if it doesn't effect your ability to play the next day. That comes down to you and knowing what you're capable of though.

As for what you can do on your own I'd reccomend anything that doesn't involve much cardio (assuming you are giving 100% each practice). If you're giving it your all every practice and 2 of the 3 days (Fridays are like 70-80%) than your conditioning shouldn't be a concern. This is the perfect time to get in lots of rep with juggling and ball control.

Find a wall near your house and throw\kick\what the ball at a wall and then trap it. Too easy? Throw it off the wall and juggle it a couple times and kick it back at it, and repeat. Still too easy? One touch it off the wall each time.

There is never and excuse for a drill too be too easy becuase it's very easy to make it more difficult. I realize I wasn't too specific on what drills you can\should do so if you have more questions let me know. I intentionally leave it broad because most of the time a persons creativity will come up with drills much more for their skill level and overall just better.
"Somewhere along the line, we seem to have confused comfort with happiness"