leg exercsies?

Physical conditioning, injuries, nutrition and everything related to fitness
delone

leg exercsies?

Post by delone » 30 Jul 2009, 12:44

hi, sorry to enterupt u but does any1 know or where i can find any like leg exercises like calfs and knees,etc that dont stunt your growth cos im like 16 5,6. i cant do weights

evo

Post by evo » 30 Jul 2009, 12:55

Most simple would be calf raises, squats and lunges. They are really common exercises so just type them into google or youtube to get loads of good videos.

Here's some that I've just found in two seconds, you'd be able to find much better videos than these with a bit for research:

Squats (start without dumbells) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJGk-imwcHc
Calve raises - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ic3hLlPxtFA
Lunges - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWInSl98Fhk

Soccer4Life
Guide Goddess

Post by Soccer4Life » 02 Aug 2009, 15:25

Also good - burpees, mountain climbers, and jump roping (try one leg for a more "strength" workout opposed to aerobic activity).

MUFC1994
Veteran Member

Re: leg exercsies?

Post by MUFC1994 » 02 Aug 2009, 21:25

delone wrote:hi, sorry to enterupt u but does any1 know or where i can find any like leg exercises like calfs and knees,etc that dont stunt your growth cos im like 16 5,6. i cant do weights
You can use weigths.....they don't stunt growth....
"The road to athletic greatness is not marked by perfection but the ability to constantly overcome adversity and failure."

MSILancer7
Veteran Member

Re: leg exercsies?

Post by MSILancer7 » 03 Aug 2009, 18:47

MUFC1994 wrote:
delone wrote:hi, sorry to enterupt u but does any1 know or where i can find any like leg exercises like calfs and knees,etc that dont stunt your growth cos im like 16 5,6. i cant do weights
You can use weigths.....they don't stunt growth....
Yeah they only stunt your growth if you are still young and you do the lifts wrong.

Also try wall sits, those are super fun!!! :D :D :D

selainefuente
New User

leg exercises

Post by selainefuente » 31 Aug 2009, 08:47

Hi all...
I do not know why my legs got tired after walking the distance of one mile. Can anyone suggest me some exercises regarding legs?

nick117
Veteran Member

Re: leg exercises

Post by nick117 » 31 Aug 2009, 21:45

selainefuente wrote:Hi all...
I do not know why my legs got tired after walking the distance of one mile. Can anyone suggest me some exercises regarding legs?
if you get tired after one mile you might consider just jogging no one period should get tired from one mile. You could try to go to the gym and do light weights to build your legs up however.

JaneHamson
New User

Post by JaneHamson » 03 Nov 2009, 11:10

try squats, thats the most simple and effective

Edit: sorry its squats ><
Last edited by JaneHamson on 12 Nov 2009, 07:43, edited 1 time in total.
Rowing machine for better workout. Vibration plate helps to improve fitness.

Rummandinho

Post by Rummandinho » 04 Nov 2009, 14:46

Wat're Squads??

Plus I dun wanna end up like Michael Owen to end up with broken hamstrings as if someone's making bacon with them :/

Icy
Veteran Member

Post by Icy » 04 Nov 2009, 14:57

Rummandinho wrote:Wat're Squads??

Plus I dun wanna end up like Michael Owen to end up with broken hamstrings as if someone's making bacon with them :/
I believe he means squats.

While there is no true cause (that I can find so link it up if you find an article) for Michael Owens hamstring problems it's most likely attributed to something that can be changed. None of these might be the case for Owen but perhaps he doesn't train them enough, so he has a muscle imbalance. Perhaps his flexibility is lacking or he doesn't warm up enough before matches. Heck, he could just be plain unlucky.

There is no reason to think you'll continuously hurt yourself be training your legs. Infact, if done right it'll make it less likely to happen.
"Somewhere along the line, we seem to have confused comfort with happiness"

Rummandinho

Post by Rummandinho » 04 Nov 2009, 16:07

lol Im talking about muscle imbalance.

Or he might just have diabetes :D

JaneHamson
New User

Post by JaneHamson » 12 Nov 2009, 07:44

Icy wrote:
Rummandinho wrote:Wat're Squads??

I believe he means squats...
yes i meant squats my bad thanks for the correction ^^
and im a she (Jane)
Rowing machine for better workout. Vibration plate helps to improve fitness.

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 12 Nov 2009, 16:39

leg raises, plies, you can get creative like i do: in the class room while paying atttention I push down to the ground with the sole of my foot with alll my strength, and I feel a great work out in my hamstrings, when I mean great I mean that the day after Im still soar.

Biking helps, Stairs help too, if you can easily do stairs then add some weight, or take two steps in a row etc...

You can get creative, one of my coaches explained to me that to get stronger is all about muscle confusion. Meaning that if for example you do Squats for 4 weeks you will get stronger yeah, but if you do squats one day, lunges and biking the other, then you do Stair Climbing the other and so on, you will get stronger than if you just do the same exercise over and over..

Another thing that motivated me to switch up the exercises is I was watching discovery channel, and they where talking about the imnense strength a tiger has, when doing some research, they found that natrual strength was a big part, but they studied that the tiger develops its own strength by doing a particular exercise.. Their was evidence on tape and whatever that the tiger gets stronger, by pushing the palms of his paws together as strong as he can.. Just to show you that theyre are millions of ways to get strogner, not just one or two exercise.
to know Him is to want to know Him more"

"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'