New High School Season

Physical conditioning, injuries, nutrition and everything related to fitness
FCBarca364
Sophomore Member

I am a sophomore. I usually run 3 miles in 22:30 a couple of times a week, practice unorganized soccer with my bro everyday, play organized soccer for 1 hour on Tuesdays, and get private training on Wednesdays and another unorganized scrimmage sometime during the week.

I have a little bit of fat I can get rid of but I'm 5'8" and 135 pounds.
My times are:

3 mile: 22:30(Got this down to about 21:00)
Beep Test: Level 11(Now level 12)

I have a treadmill. How much should i run each day for these last 4 weeks before high school starts and at what speed?
Last edited by FCBarca364 on 06 Aug 2009, 14:15, edited 1 time in total.

BuzzingBee
Veteran Member

FCBarca364 wrote:I am a sophomore. I usually run 3 miles in 22:30 a couple of times a week, practice unorganized soccer with my bro everyday, play organized soccer for 1 hour on Tuesdays, and get private training on Wednesdays and another unorganized scrimmage sometime during the week.

I have a little bit of fat I can get rid of but I'm 5'8" and 135 pounds.
My times are:

3 mile: 22:30
Beep Test: Level 11(I know this is bad)

I have a treadmill. How much should i run each day for these last 4 weeks before high school starts and at what speed?
start endurance,then speed,and then agility since your playing soccer
first warm up,do a sixty minute run on Monday at a pace of 5.5 and an incline of 3 tread mills are awful,but useful if its rainy or to harsh to run out,personally i don't see great results from the treadmill as i do running on ground,parks,or a track like hello you not be running on a smooth surface you will be running on grass which is bumpy and also. your three miles should be down to at least 20 or lower. i would say also focus on HIIT,high intensity interval training,which is really useful for soccer and loosing body fast,its like running really fast and ten running slow,its usually called hill runs on the treadmill but im no professional so im not sure and it shocks your body because you body needs energy and your pushing yourself so hard you end up using some fat or w.e and ten you slow down,also remember to stretch,and warm up for a good ten to twenty minutes prior to your workout,and i would definitely recommend running on ground not a treadmill seriously,so i would say do a kind of XC sort of training routine,john bob is great at it,or look it up on google or something,
Practice and drive are all you need, You will become good, if not great, and then, if you wish to go further, the opportunities will come to you - Rome_Leader

BuzzingBee's at it again

FCBarca364
Sophomore Member

Thanks alot BuzzingBee.

I ran at 8.2 mph for 3 miles today and got 22:00 idk if this is any good

I know this is off topic but how much should i do a week in cardio and abs in order to get a six pack soon? I have 14% body fat and am 5'8 and 135.