bread is bad??

Physical conditioning, injuries, nutrition and everything related to fitness
NEVERGIVINGUP

bread is bad??

Post by NEVERGIVINGUP » 17 Jul 2009, 07:50

hi i eat alot of bread everyday with cheese and or jam. anyway ppl keep telling me its bad for u. i know it has carbs but arent carbs good for me in-particular.

every day i burn off 1000 calories. on my workout days even more.
and i eat alot of food, and alot of sweets.

also how much calories= 1g of fat?.
and how much sugar= 1g of fat.

evo

Post by evo » 17 Jul 2009, 11:23

I don't know much about this but I know that brown bread is alot better than white.

1g of fats = 9 cals
20 crunches burns about 9 cals. ;)

NEVERGIVINGUP

Post by NEVERGIVINGUP » 19 Jul 2009, 02:44

i eat like 4 cheese sandwitches everymorning and even some at night and afternoon

BuzzingBee
Veteran Member

Re: bread is bad??

Post by BuzzingBee » 19 Jul 2009, 19:05

NEVERGIVINGUP wrote:hi i eat alot of bread everyday with cheese and or jam. anyway ppl keep telling me its bad for u. i know it has carbs but arent carbs good for me in-particular.

whole wheat carbs are best,and white bread is good,but having all the time isnt,try seven grain bread instead,and eat little portions of it,also its best to have an early dinner or supper fro, 5-7 and no carbs after that,i usually have a huge carb lunch when i have a game or a huge training session the next day,aside from that i stay away from white carbs,cheese is good,as long as its loooooooow in fat,and i usually have it in the morning or with a green apple,piece of grapefruit,or orange for a snack when i don't meet my dairy requirement. go for low fat cottage cheese,feta cubed(for salads and such) and low fat mozzarella,and indulge occasionally,its good to have balance,but if your serious then you must make some sacrifices,as for the jam i only have organic,or some sort of smart jam brand,and as an athlete no matter what you will usually burn more than you eat,don't count calories,count the amount of nutrients in it,healthy fats are reacquired,stay away from sweets! and of course you have to eat food duh....
Practice and drive are all you need, You will become good, if not great, and then, if you wish to go further, the opportunities will come to you - Rome_Leader

BuzzingBee's at it again

arsenalfc08
Veteran Member

Post by arsenalfc08 » 19 Jul 2009, 20:06

It depends on the bread. White bread is bad because its "enriched" which means it has no nutritional value, all the nutrients are taken out. Whole wheat or 7 grain breads would best. One with some fiber is good too as it will keep you full. Bread has alot of carbs but if you eat most of your carbs after a workout it is best. Carbs along with protein help repair muscle.

Stay away from the sweets if you can. Moderation is key.

ScottyBoy
Veteran Member

Post by ScottyBoy » 19 Jul 2009, 22:04

There are so many freaks on this website.

We have i eat more than 4 cheese sandwitches a day kid.

I eat 7 weatabixs for breakfast kid.

And i drink over 2 litres of fizzy juice a day kid.

Of course eating alot of bread and sweets isnt exactly good for you but it wont kill you. You just have to decide what you want to fuel your body with. Im sure it wouldnt be too taxing for you to find a healthier alternative to that kind of stuff.

People who say something cannot be done are often surprised by others doing it.

Wanderer
Veteran Member

Post by Wanderer » 20 Jul 2009, 08:30

ahhh...no wonder theres swine flu in mexico...it must be the bread that they use for their tortillas...

BuzzingBee
Veteran Member

Post by BuzzingBee » 20 Jul 2009, 17:51

ScottyBoy wrote:There are so many freaks on this website.

Of course eating alot of bread and sweets isnt exactly good for you but it wont kill you. You just have to decide what you want to fuel your body with. Im sure it wouldnt be too taxing for you to find a healthier alternative to that kind of stuff.
well were not asking for your opinion,hes asking for nutritional advice,and yeah good for you,your playing at a top level I'm assuming since your already there your diet your training level will be different then his so are your choices and lifestyle :roll: until he makes it to a top level of play,so whats right for you is probably not right for him,he wants to make it there,and in order for him to make it there,he needs a proper well rounded balanced diet,a serious mindset and a training regime like a Sargent.
Practice and drive are all you need, You will become good, if not great, and then, if you wish to go further, the opportunities will come to you - Rome_Leader

BuzzingBee's at it again

Kasaki
Veteran Member

Post by Kasaki » 21 Jul 2009, 01:50

ScottyBoy wrote:There are so many freaks on this website.

I wonder if am the only american who loves weatabix I was introdueced to it cause am part nigerian and they eat it in nigeria, I love it

casar22
Veteran Member

Post by casar22 » 21 Jul 2009, 02:12

Wanderer wrote:ahhh...no wonder theres swine flu in mexico...it must be the bread that they use for their tortillas...
Oh your so funny man ja ja ja ja ja. Just don't make those kind of jokes alright?

Bienvenido Cristiano Ronaldo!

Kakasgotskillz
Veteran Member

Re: bread is bad??

Post by Kakasgotskillz » 21 Jul 2009, 02:36

NEVERGIVINGUP wrote:hi i eat alot of bread everyday with cheese and or jam. anyway ppl keep telling me its bad for u. i know it has carbs but arent carbs good for me in-particular.

1g of fat = 4.5 calories
1g of sugar (glucose) = 2 calories

therefore 1g of fat has 2.25 times as much energy as 1g of glucose. However, taking it from a physiological perspective, fats and lipids are a secondary source of energy, and glucose is the basic unit of energy. Until glucose is almost completely burned out (including glycogen storages and all that), fats won't be used as energy. That's why if you're doing weight loss you have to go for long intervals of aerobic activity (usually the mark of fat burning starts around 20 minutes+ of aerobic activity).

NewBornProdigy
Admin

Post by NewBornProdigy » 21 Jul 2009, 08:40

casar22 wrote:
Wanderer wrote:ahhh...no wonder theres swine flu in mexico...it must be the bread that they use for their tortillas...
Oh your so funny man ja ja ja ja ja. Just don't make those kind of jokes alright?
That was a joke? :roll:

mister_rating

Post by mister_rating » 22 Jul 2009, 16:32

The name of the topic reminds me of this :D :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXnUZBD_qV4
Mr. Mackey would say: Bread is bad, mmkaaay?

allan101
New User

Post by allan101 » 12 Nov 2009, 07:18

Hi Friends,
bread is very good for you, dont let anyone say it isnt, its pratically the staff of life for humanity. its just those stupid low carb diets that tell you bread is bad, true and complex whole grain breads are some of the best things you can put in your body.

Rome_Leader
The Italian Mod

Post by Rome_Leader » 12 Nov 2009, 19:35

Aye. All you really should avoid are the empty white carbs that white, enriched bread gives you. They don't often much, if any, nutritional value.

All roads lead to Rome.

Triskaidekaphobia: The unnatural fear of the number 13.
Most of Ballack's opposition have this phobia.

I'm Scott. Don't let the title fool you; I.AM.CANADIAN!