Do big thighs make you run slower?

Physical conditioning, injuries, nutrition and everything related to fitness
playa
Sophomore Member

does big thighs make you run slower?

romania_soccer

Depends if the big is msucle or fat. Obviously, muscles combined with a training of some sort will make you faster.
Immediately start dealing with it.

undead_87
New User

yeah,i agree wit romania_soccer....most olympic short-distance runner hav big muscular thigh

edma
Sophomore Member

i also agreed with romania_soccer. its depends how strong ur muscle is. if u thighs only big with fat, it can make us run slow.
i want to improve my football skill from dribling to shooting.plz help me...

prosoc10
New User

How do i excersize the thigh to make it muscular???? without using any of the machine. is there any excersize like this???

lyricalgh

run at least 2 miles every day if u cant u can also start kicking balls which are way beyond their recommended weight
that helps with ur power shot since thats what u want thebig thighs for
'Alex Ferguson is the best manager I've ever had at this level. Well, he's the only manager I've actually had at this level. But he's the best manager I've ever had.' David Beckham

prosoc10
New User

But how can i get balls that are overweight???? i mean is it possible to get these types of balls???

lyricalgh

just put more air into most balls recommend 8 lbs of air but put at least 2 more pounds
'Alex Ferguson is the best manager I've ever had at this level. Well, he's the only manager I've actually had at this level. But he's the best manager I've ever had.' David Beckham

tico18

There are some balls that weight 12lbs that are used to practice the throw-in,but I don't know if you can practice the kick with that kind of balls,my club use them but only for the throw in 8).I don't know where my coach get them,I'm gonna ask him and if you can use those for the kick. :arrow:

Futbolstud
Veteran Member

Ok two things those 12 pound balls r called medicine balls you can get them at walmart or alot of other stores and 2nd of all go ahead and kick one and see how it feel. thats the craziest idea i've ever heard you'll shatter your foot and then fall over while the ball stands there

B Heck

Futbolstud wrote: thats the craziest idea i've ever heard you'll shatter your foot and then fall over while the ball stands there
Kicking medicine balls to get stronger is too funny. Kicking a ball is not like throwing a shot-put. The force of the kick comes mostly from the speed of your foot before it even touches the ball. This whole thread is too funny.

As long as a bigger thigh is able to produce more power, then you will be faster. Obviously, if they are too big, things get kind of awkward and excess mass makes it harder to change direction. When my thighs were over 28 inches around, there were some serious friction problems and, um, packaging issues. :shock:

J
Admin

Actually kicking a basketball will improve your power when it comes to kicking a soccer ball.

Soccer fanatic kid
New User

Squat jumps, and lots of them! Also, lay down on your back and have a normal sized ball held between your feet. Raise the ball up and down as many times as you can (try to shoot for 15 or 20.) This also strengthens your stomach.

Konqwest
Sophomore Member

If they are fat yes but if you build muscle and run at the same time no

D347H574R

hmm, i dont feel that comment was needed on a topic that has been dead for 3 months..
“This city has two great teams - Liverpool and Liverpool reserves.”
“If a player isn't interfering with play or seeking to gain an advantage, then he should be!”
Bill Shankly