i eat to much

Physical conditioning, injuries, nutrition and everything related to fitness
BuzzingBee
Veteran Member

hey there,well if your eating so much,then maybe you should eat 5-6 meals a day,maybe your not getting your nutrients,and you shouldn't be asking us for the normal weight and height,that's for you to go to your doctor to,and your fitness trainer.
Practice and drive are all you need, You will become good, if not great, and then, if you wish to go further, the opportunities will come to you - Rome_Leader

BuzzingBee's at it again

Kakasgotskillz
Veteran Member

Honestly, it's okay if you eat too much, as long as you can balance your exercise out. Right now, I'm packing on 3500+ cals a day, and yet I'm hungry almost all the time because I'm constantly active. My best advice to you is that when you're grocery shopping for snacks and stuff, try and look at the nutrition labels under calories per serving, and use that to your advantage.

Ex. A box of 40 chocolate chip granola bars, 120 calories each, $8.99

vs.

A box of 32 assorted oatmeal granola bars, 220 calories each, $6.99

Obviously, for the choice of a money saver and a filler, you'd take the oatmeal bars.

And of course, to credit bb (because i'd never hear the end from her if I didn't), avoid fast food because they're "empty calories".

ronaldoR7

yeah me too after i eat a meal approximately 2 hours later i feel hungry again and stomach starts grumbling i hate it when that happens especially when im in school

xilog

If you feel that you are too fat, then try to cut down on how much you eat, and try to eat healthier. But when you feal that youre weight is good, I think the best thing to do is to eat when youre hungry... That's at least what I do and I don't have any weight problems at all.
Last sign:

sign/ava by me

NEVERGIVINGUP

well ppl in family say im unhealthy because i dont eat meat (beef) i only eat chicken. is that good?

truesocceroo
Veteran Member

Ive heard that most players eat fish and chicken instead of beef for various reasons to do with reducing certain injuries. You should eat fish, has the protein of beef and usually much better for you, but if you want beef make sure you have lean beef.

pickyourheadup
Veteran Member

NEVERGIVINGUP wrote:hi, im 16 im 55kilos 5'7

basically i eat to much. for e.g for breakfast i eat 7 wheetbixs with heaps of berries on top. i eat so much bread every day.

like around 4-5 sandwitches.
everytime i feel like a snack/food

and fruit. i eat so much. i eat a whole watermelon by myself. yh i feel pretty full after.

i wonderin if eating to much will ruin fitness or make u lazy?.

also about juice. shud i drink it. i drink the no added sugar one. what do they mean by no added sugar?>??
55 Kilos (121 pounds) for your age and height is good. It seems you have a fast metabolism. Therefore, eating so much is ok as long as you are getting at least two hours hard activity.

Everyone should you watch what they eat (as the previous users have posted). You should also watch how many times you "snack".

Ideally, you should only have three main meals a day. Making sure these are properly portioned and nutritious is key. Adding a light snack between lunch and dinner is ok (dried fruit, 1 fresh fruit, a carrot, cucumber, etc).

Drink more water instead of juice, even if its no sugar juice. Water is healthier. Period.

Heres a couple of informational pages expert made regarding your topic:

http://expertfootball.com/training/physio.php

http://expertfootball.com/gossip/answer.php?qid=129

MUFC1994
Veteran Member

NEVERGIVINGUP wrote:well ppl in family say im unhealthy because i dont eat meat (beef) i only eat chicken. is that good?
Well then ppl in your family don't know what they are talking about. Chicken, turkey, and fish are probably the most healthy meets available.

But you do need other types of food. like red meat. Red meat contains a lot of iron which is important. If your going to eat beef though, try to make it the leanest cust possible.
"The road to athletic greatness is not marked by perfection but the ability to constantly overcome adversity and failure."

arsenalfc08
Veteran Member

I don't eat a lot of red meat and I'm fine. I'll eat it every once in a while but it really doesn't appeal to my taste buds. I eat a lot of chicken and turkey. If you do eat a lot of red meat make sure its a lean cut! Red meat isn't the only way to get iron. Eat green veggies, that will get you a ton of iron. Red meat isn't the only way.

Also try to limit foods that say "low fat" or "fat free" why they don't have fat in them they usually have a very high amount of sodium to add some "taste" to the product. Too much sodium results in water retention which can cause water weight gain,bloating and just feeling sluggish.

Juices are ok but if you can I'd suggest making your own with a juicer. Juices have a lot of sugar so watch how much you drink. Though if you look hard enough you can find some that are truly 100% natural and the sugar is only from the fruits themselves. Most fruit juices add more sugar, which isn't needed.

Try and drink water if at all possible and cut down on the soda/pop if you can. I'm a pop addict and i'll freely admit it, but its been causing me to have a lot of bloating and i'm fed up with it. I've been limiting myself, some days I don't even drink a coke zero. I'll usually drink water or iced tea with no sugar. I've alreay seen results. I've lost a lot of the "water weight" from the sodium and other crap chemicals that are put in soda. I feel more alert from all the water I've been drinking aswell.

I've tried it in the past but i've always come back to the coke zero.This time i'm really gonna try and stop. Before I tried stoping cold turkey which I think is why I replasped LOL. I'm now limting myself to 1 a day, 2 at the very most, and will slowly decrease to maybe 3-4 a week, 1-2, a week and then non at all. Last time I cut it out for a week and lost 5 pounds (mostly water weight but i'll take it!).

MSILancer7
Veteran Member

Also instead of drinking pure juice or gatorade try watering it down a little. Like arsenal said most juices and gatorades have too much sugar but if you water it down you still get the nutrients/electrolytes but with less sugar

soccermatt

what about green tea? the lipton green tea and the snapple green tea, and also the snapple lemon tea lol

& i know someone that drank too much propel with calcium and got kidney stones, dont know if propel has come up yet, just throwing it out there. any idea if regular propel is ok? compared to gatorade

pickyourheadup
Veteran Member

soccermatt wrote:what about green tea? the lipton green tea and the snapple green tea, and also the snapple lemon tea lol

& i know someone that drank too much propel with calcium and got kidney stones, dont know if propel has come up yet, just throwing it out there. any idea if regular propel is ok? compared to gatorade
Tea and propel are fine to drink occasionally. Once again, anything (except for water) should be had in moderation.
If possible, try to drink teas that do not have caffeine in them, such as Red Bush tea
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rooibos

Even though propel is labled as water with added benefits, its still better to drink twice as much water as any sports drink (even Propel).

Here is a quote taken from: http://sportsmedicine.about.com/od/hydr ... ration.htm

"What about Sports Drinks?
Sports drinks can be helpful to athletes who are exercising at a high intensity for 60 minutes or more. Fluids supplying 60 to 100 calories per 8 ounces helps to supply the needed calories required for continuous performance. It's really not necessary to replace losses of sodium, potassium and other electrolytes during exercise since you're unlikely to deplete your body's stores of these minerals during normal training. If, however, you find yourself exercising in extreme conditions over 3 or 5 hours (a marathon, Ironman or ultramarathon, for example) you may likely want to add a complex sports drink with electrolytes. "

Also, here is a similar question answered by expert:
http://www.expertfootball.com/gossip/answer.php?qid=738