i eat to much

Physical conditioning, injuries, nutrition and everything related to fitness
NEVERGIVINGUP

i eat to much

Post by NEVERGIVINGUP » 29 Mar 2009, 05:26

hi, im 16 im 55kilos 5'7

basically i eat to much. for e.g for breakfast i eat 7 wheetbixs with heaps of berries on top. i eat so much bread every day.

like around 4-5 sandwitches.
everytime i feel like a snack/food

and fruit. i eat so much. i eat a whole watermelon by myself. yh i feel pretty full after.

i wonderin if eating to much will ruin fitness or make u lazy?.

also about juice. shud i drink it. i drink the no added sugar one. what do they mean by no added sugar?>??

John_Bob
Veteran Member

Post by John_Bob » 29 Mar 2009, 05:42

Eating too much won't ruin your fitness or make you lazy but you will make you fat if you don't burn it off. No added sugar means they don't add any sugar.

Had2bHarry
Veteran Member

Post by Had2bHarry » 29 Mar 2009, 09:55

Weetbix lol, I can tell your an Aussie 8)

55 kilos for 16year old isn't too fat, you must have good metabolism. As an athlete, you do need to eat more than normal people, but try to eat the right foods. If you're going to eat, try to eat eat more protein like yoghurt, cheese, meats etc, because it fills you up more, also protein is essential for muscle growth and repair. Keep up with eating fruit and breads as well, although try to eat whole grain bread instead white bread, just lttle things like that. As long as you have a good fitness routine, I'm sure it wont be a problem.
Sig by me

NEVERGIVINGUP

Post by NEVERGIVINGUP » 29 Mar 2009, 11:21

yh lol auzzie.

can i start weights now. i turned 16 a couple weeks ago. im 5'7 and 55 kilos.

ppl have been telling me im really skinny. and boney. also i dont want to ruin growth

mint
EF Drug Baron

Post by mint » 29 Mar 2009, 11:29

I agree with John Bob, eating loads of food wont make you unfit as long as you do the correct amount of exercise to burn it off.
i was made to ignite

MUFC1994
Veteran Member

Post by MUFC1994 » 29 Mar 2009, 13:31

Eating a lot of food isn't bad... Michael Phelps eats like 12,000 calories per day. It is just about eating the right types of foods like low fat yogurts and chesses, staying away from foods that are high in trans fot, sat fat, and sugar. Also, try to eat a lot of small meals instead of 3-4 huge meals.

And about the no sugar added juices, it means that they don't add any sugar but there is natural sugar in them. But try to stay away from juices and just drink things like water and skim milk.
"The road to athletic greatness is not marked by perfection but the ability to constantly overcome adversity and failure."

VincentFortin
New User

Post by VincentFortin » 29 Mar 2009, 14:03

You just have to make sure to you burn calories while playing soccer!

NewBornProdigy
Admin

Post by NewBornProdigy » 29 Mar 2009, 14:16

Lol dude eating food equates in energy
Then what you do with that energy determines what it does for your body

You could eat 4000 calories worth of bread and pasta then run a mile and feel great
Or you could eat 4000 calories worth of Big Macs and then run a metre and collapse with stomach cramps

Whats important is what you eat
Your metabolism could easily burn off a big feed of pasta without exercise
But a big feed of chips and chocolate is difficult to digest and without exercise would turn into fat

An added bouns is if your skinny and small (say due for a growth spurt) the more you eat the taller and more filled out you will become (with regular exercise)

arsenalfc08
Veteran Member

Post by arsenalfc08 » 29 Mar 2009, 14:16

As everyone else has said its about eating the right types of food. Processed crappy foods are going to make you fat, plus they are very high in sodium (salt) which isn't good for you, lunch meat is a big one. Eat lean meats (chicken,fish,etc),fruits and lots of veggies. Foods with fiber are good because they will fill you up and help with digestion. Protein is good too, it fills you up and I believe is digested slower which helps maintain good blood sugar levels (Even if you aren't diabetic you can still feel funny from low blood sugar, if you haven't eaten,etc).

I get around 100g of protein a day plus 25 grams of fiber (men need more fiber than women, I think at least 35 grams is recommended). It's also about burning more calories than you take in. Its not hard, its all about making the right choices.

Also don't cut out foods completely. I still eat things like chocolate but in moderation. I usually have a square of dark chocolate after dinner which helps my sweet cravings. Also once a week I have a cheat meal, where I'll eat something I want, pizza, for example. If you totally deprive yourself of things you will go crazy. I don't feel quilty about it because I know Ive done well earlier in the week, and a few slices of pizza won't kill me.

Calories are not the created equal. Eating 2,000 calories of healthy, balanced foods is best. Eating 2,000 calories worth of cheeseburgers, oreos, ice cream, and soda will make you fat.

Drink more water, it also fills you up. If you feel hungry but you just ate a few hours ago, try and drink some water and see if your still hungry. Eating more fiber will keep you fuller. Eating slowly will allow the trigger receptors in your brain to signal that your fuller sooner. If your inhale your meal you'll most likely feel stuffed. Which could be because of how fast you ate, the air you took in by eating too fast,etc.

If you feel you eat too much sodium, which is easy today since its in everything, eat more pottassium as it filters out sodium. Its basic biology. Most people probably get at least 2,000 mg of sodium which is over the recommended daily limit. Limiting high processed foods like cheese and lunch meat (which packs a lot of sodium) is a good start.

Another thing to remember is that fat in foods won't make you fat. Its overeating calories that will make you gain weight. I get a good amount of fat in my diet but its from healthy fats, olive oil,nuts.

Nat_H
Veteran Member

Post by Nat_H » 29 Mar 2009, 17:45

NewBornProdigy wrote: Or you could eat 4000 calories worth of Big Macs
Just keep it simple and say one Big Mac. lol.

And yes, if you can burn it off, eat it up. Make sure its good, burnable food though, not fatty or sugary.

NEVERGIVINGUP

Post by NEVERGIVINGUP » 30 Mar 2009, 06:04

also i chew heaps of sugarfree wrigley gum. like 10 pieces a day. is it bad?

MSILancer7
Veteran Member

Post by MSILancer7 » 01 Apr 2009, 00:55

NEVERGIVINGUP wrote:also i chew heaps of sugarfree wrigley gum. like 10 pieces a day. is it bad?
I don't see how sugar free gum could be bad, i mean when i chew gum i find it keeps me from eating, and thats a good thing, because i would eat all kinds of crap instead like cookies, candy, and other crap

Croatianblood1
Veteran Member

Post by Croatianblood1 » 01 Apr 2009, 01:33

MSILancer7 wrote:
NEVERGIVINGUP wrote:also i chew heaps of sugarfree wrigley gum. like 10 pieces a day. is it bad?
I don't see how sugar free gum could be bad, i mean when i chew gum i find it keeps me from eating, and thats a good thing, because i would eat all kinds of crap instead like cookies, candy, and other crap
Yeah that's true. They say that chewing gum is a great way to curb your cravings. So chew on! Sir Alex Ferguson would agree. I think he goes through more packs of gum than a chain smoker goes through packs of cigarettes.

ScottyBoy
Veteran Member

Post by ScottyBoy » 01 Apr 2009, 13:44

Enough of this, it depends how much excercise you do pish, if your eating 7 bits of weatabix annd 5 sandwitches its just sheer greed in my opinion. Theres absolutely no need to eat that much food.

It might not affect you now but if you got injured or when you stop playing football your going to get a fright, you'll pile on the weight if you eat that much so think about that.

The only thing your doing is developing a very bad habit.

Bit of self controls all you need

People who say something cannot be done are often surprised by others doing it.

MUFC1994
Veteran Member

Post by MUFC1994 » 01 Apr 2009, 21:13

MSILancer7 wrote:
Sugarfree gum isn't bad for you if you just look at the nutrional label....and it is good for stopping cravings. But sugar free gum contains aspartame and other artificial sweetners that have been linked with cancers and other diseases. In moderation gum isn't bad but 10 pieces a day!!! Like SB said you need to learn some self control. At most you should chew 3-4 pieces a day inbetween or after meals.
"The road to athletic greatness is not marked by perfection but the ability to constantly overcome adversity and failure."