Can i get taller

Physical conditioning, injuries, nutrition and everything related to fitness
supersyed

Im 18 years old and im kinda short (dont kno the measerments). Is it possible 4 me 2 get taller and how. I kno that drinking milk helps, but is there n e other way. Its not that im weak, I can take on defenders bigger than me, its just that I think Id hav an advantage if I were taller. And @ wat age do people stop growing?
Too much power.
www.soccerfreaks.co.nr

Maradona
Veteran Member

How tall are you exactly? And yes drinking milk does help and some men grow till they are 25.
The rules of soccer are very simple, basically it is this: if it moves, kick it. If it doesn’t move, kick it until it does.

soccerfreak14
Sophomore Member

drinking milk helps your bones to grow...so thats a plus.....the age at which some people stop growing is 21...u still got 3 more yaers or more to grow

fir_nev
Sgt. I can't get enough of Asian chicks

true.

supersyed

I think im bout 5 foot 7. I guess I need 2 start drinking whip milk.
Too much power.
www.soccerfreaks.co.nr

*yung-ital*
Pending Mod

being short is an advantage. the ball is closer to u. tall players tend to be clumsy and cant handle it well. ur brain is at the very top and ur feet are at the bery bottom. so the closer th ose 2 are together t he better handles and hand eye or in this case foot eye coordination is better

dooglas
Veteran Member

not....true...haha

im almost 6'0 and i have great ball control, most pro players are 6'0 6'1
Wow, he just megged three people, maradonas around the last defender, and missed the shot, then not five minutes later a guy on the other team shoots when he gets the ball and scores...

who would you rather be?

supersyed

Yeah, look @ Henry, he's quite tall and I say he's the smartest player, looks and in the game. Although sum tall players look clumsy, like Kanu. I think if ur tall and kinda skinny, u'll probbly appear clumsy. But a tall player is very hard 2 get past, coz they can stretch, even if u panna them, its hard 2 get around.
Too much power.
www.soccerfreaks.co.nr

*yung-ital*
Pending Mod

im almost 6'0 and i have great ball control, most pro players are 6'0 6'1
pele and maradona were short..
hmmm, does that ring any bells?
maybe the best players of all time??
and besides, janinho i have a book that talks about him
and people said hes the best dribbler/ball control in the game
and hes 5'4
so i dunno what ur talking about

coop8

zidane=6'2

goldboots7

cristiano ronaldo 6'1

rooney 5'9
scholes 5'8
saviola 5'6
Stats: 19Goals 1YC 1RC 23GP

supersyed

Obviously height doesnt affect the kinda player u R. Tall or short, u can bcum the best in the world, depends on ur dedication.
Too much power.
www.soccerfreaks.co.nr

jcdenton
Veteran Member

height helps much if you're defender....
i'm 17 and i'm 190cm tall...

i used to practice basketball when i was kid, and i still play it now with friends almost every day, you can try that too... drink milk and yoghurt also... :D
also volleyball is good for height... i play beach volley during summer, it's great...

height can affect ball control, but if you practice it shouldn't change while you're growing... you're 18, you can grow until your 25 i think...
i've had much problems with my back, because i used to practice strength too much while i was growing...

supersyed

Sum people say that u can get tall by hanging on bars and doin chinups, may b thats y basketball players r so tall. I also used 2 work out alot b4, wen I was younger, but then sum1 told me that if titen ur muscles @ a young age u wont grow, so I stopped, also bcoz I startd gettin shoulder problems frm all the pushups. Now i think that the reason im short got nuthin 2 do with my workin out but bcoz I didnt eat well during adolescence. Shweet 4 al the posts guys, U'v given me hope, now I kno I can get taller. :D

PS: ur rite bout being tall helps u if ur a defender, coz I struggle alot against tall guys.
Too much power.
www.soccerfreaks.co.nr

edma
Sophomore Member

in this case i also short(about 1.63m) in the past about 3 years ago. maybe coz i'm asian. but that its not the main problem. i play the last defend for my university and tall players get hard to get close to our goal. now after i take the advice from my biology teacher to drink milk and take multi-vitamin for body suppliment my body grows a lot. now i'm (1.7m) quite tall for asian people. so practice harder and dont let ur confidence down
i want to improve my football skill from dribling to shooting.plz help me...