Yes
78%
No
22%

Total votes: 9

Nevergiveup

Should I bother?

Post by Nevergiveup » 22 Sep 2008, 19:35

I've been trying to improve my diet in the past year and I fail to see much improvement physically or mentally. LOl! I have gone without crisps for over 18 months, fizzy drinks, crisps, chocolate and sweets for just over a year also. IM eating more fruit and veg and lots of protein aswell as carbs. What I want to know is what affect has giving up fizzy drinks, chocolate, crisps and sweets had on me on the inside if any? I crave this junk so often but have resisted temptation for soo long! I'm close to breaking, is it really worth it? Lol! Help.

soccer_after_death
Veteran Member

Post by soccer_after_death » 23 Sep 2008, 00:13

Tbh I think it's more beneficial in the long run ( u will be healthier when urvl older)...
I also think it's okay in moderation(like once, maybe twice a week)..
I mean, if ur craving and haven't had any in over a year , I think u should stop killing yourself :D....just don't go ctazi and have a bag of chips everyday...,

I read ur post, then I saw your username....(u get my point) :wink: :wink:

Middleman13
Veteran Member

Post by Middleman13 » 23 Sep 2008, 02:45

eat that sh*t man..just nott too much..and if your a serious athlete . cut soda completly out bcasue that sh*t will dehydrate you so fast
Dream as if you'll live forever, Live as if you will die today.

Croatianblood1
Veteran Member

Post by Croatianblood1 » 23 Sep 2008, 03:13

Middleman13 wrote:cut soda completly out bcasue that sh*t will dehydrate you so fast
Yeah I agree, soda is just plain bad. It does dehydrate you and there is nothing good from it at all. Chips are not bad once in a while. If you can go without them for a year than thats really good. I think its okay like once in while, just in moderation. Its not always what you eat, its how much you eat.

user1101

Post by user1101 » 23 Sep 2008, 05:48

Of course it is not worth eating that rubbish, if you can then you should obviously continue your diet. No offense, but your post is written in such a way which makes it look as though you are fishing for compliments. If you have actually been eating clean for the last 12 months, however, then you obviously deserve that praise as that is a huge acheivement and you should be very proud of yourself.

What I don't understand is why you have any reason to crave that trash. Your taste buds constantly change and after about 20 - 40 days on a new diet, your taste buds should become accustomed to this diet and cravings should cease. I have been eating clean for over 2 months now (absolutely zero junk food, not even treats), which was hard initially, but got easier over time. Now, if I am presented with the option of eating junk food (e.g. someone offers me food or I find some in the kitchen), I don't feel like I want it - such foods dont appeal to me any more. My point is that if you have really been eating healthy for the past 12 months, you shouldn't be craving foods you havn't eaten in over a year... If you havn't eaten chips, chocolate, sweets, etc. in such a long time.. can you even remember what they tast like?!?

Anyway, good luck with your diet. It will not be worth it to give in and eat that garbage, as even though it may taste good, you will feel horrible knowing that 12 months of good food hasn't changed your lifestyle, and you will be back where you started. If you are really craving junk foods, have a few glasses of water and sweet fruit like a banana of an apple first. This will get the thought and taste of junk food out of your body. You should also chew gum which will further help reduce cravings.

JG
New User

Post by JG » 23 Sep 2008, 05:50

Just nevergiveup! Haha no seriously well done for keeping off junk for a year. You should have something your craving once in a while. Think of it as a reward.

Nevergiveup

Post by Nevergiveup » 23 Sep 2008, 19:58

Lol! Honestly 'm not fishing for complements. My taste buds may have changed but jesus my memories of sweets especiallt tangfastics haven't gone away, if anyway absence has made my heart grow fonder of them. I do agree with you I dont crave fizzy drinks, chocolate or crisps (potato chips.) I know you said in the longrun it willl make me healthier when I'm old but in what ways?

Lol! About the sweets cravings I've been having dreams of where I've been gorging myself on all the sweets I want, the weird thing is then while I'm still dreaming I feel dissapointed with myself then I wake up! LOl! How weird is that?

arsenalfc08
Veteran Member

Post by arsenalfc08 » 24 Sep 2008, 02:38

Nevergiveup wrote:Lol! Honestly 'm not fishing for complements. My taste buds may have changed but jesus my memories of sweets especiallt tangfastics haven't gone away, if anyway absence has made my heart grow fonder of them. I do agree with you I dont crave fizzy drinks, chocolate or crisps (potato chips.) I know you said in the longrun it willl make me healthier when I'm old but in what ways?

Lol! About the sweets cravings I've been having dreams of where I've been gorging myself on all the sweets I want, the weird thing is then while I'm still dreaming I feel dissapointed with myself then I wake up! LOl! How weird is that?
Food with lots of hydrogonated oils have been proven to age you. They also inflame your joints. Plus most potato chips are just greasy, I wouldn't want that sitting in my stomach.

I think chocolate is fine if its the right kind. Dark 100% chocolate has health benefits (google it if you want), but that doesn't mean you should eat a dark chocolate candy bar everyday.

Pop and other fizzy drinks are loaded with artifical sweetners and other crap. It's just not good for you, plus all that sugar will add weight. I read a chart once where if someone drank more than 1 regular pop a day they would gain like 10 pounds over a year. I

t's no secret that too much sugar makes you gain sloppy weight. What I mean by sloppy weight is just by eating junk food. If you need to gain weight you can just eat more healthier foods. I saw a program where one kid was going to play american football in college and needed to beef up. He said he didn't want to put on sloppy weight by eating crap like cheeseburgers and fries. He at right, ate about 3-4 times a day and worked out twice a day. He was eating lean protein, carbs, etc.

user1101

Post by user1101 » 24 Sep 2008, 05:34

Nevergiveup wrote:Lol! About the sweets cravings I've been having dreams of where I've been gorging myself on all the sweets I want, the weird thing is then while I'm still dreaming I feel dissapointed with myself then I wake up! LOl! How weird is that?
That is SO FUKING WEIRD!!!.. not that you are having dreams, but that also happened to me! In the first 4-5 weeks of my lifestyle modification, the exact same thing was hapening to me.. I had several dreams in which I would do exactly what you described, eating anything and everything, but feeling terrible about it. When I woke up, I was so relieved to learn that it was all a dream and I hadn't given in...

Wow... when I read your post I was amazed.

Anyway, in the long run, giving up most/all of the junk food from your diet will mean that you avoid various lifestyle diseases such as obesity, high cholesterol, high blood pressure, diabetes type II, etc. Proper nutrition will also enable you to train and perform at your peak.

I'll add to this later..

MUFC1994
Veteran Member

Post by MUFC1994 » 27 Sep 2008, 15:37

lifes all about moderation....but if ur gunna eats chips i'd try sun chips, they have whole wheat, 35% less fat, fiber, and potassium. but good luck and an occasion candy or chips isnt gunna kill u but soda is really bad, its been linked to causing cancer.
"The road to athletic greatness is not marked by perfection but the ability to constantly overcome adversity and failure."

chicagofirefan
Veteran Member

Post by chicagofirefan » 27 Sep 2008, 18:36

MUFC1994 wrote:lifes all about moderation....but if ur gunna eats chips i'd try sun chips, they have whole wheat, 35% less fat, fiber, and potassium. but good luck and an occasion candy or chips isnt gunna kill u but soda is really bad, its been linked to causing cancer.
I wouldnt stop ur way of eating at all (current). If you worked this hard all ready then why give it up now. It would mean all this time, wasted. Its not a diet, its a lifestyle.

Soda is the worst, i have drunk 2 cans in my whole life :mrgreen:
Bulgaria is our faith, Levski is our Freedom