i need to be stronger

Physical conditioning, injuries, nutrition and everything related to fitness
donaldo7

hi my coach said to me i need to be stronger as my skills are fine but im really small for my age im 13 almost 14 and im 154 cm and i been doing press ups and weights at the gym and it doesnt seem to make a slightest difference please could someone give me some advice

moaoui21
Sophomore Member

i say good ole american diet :D
eat more than usual.. but make sure you stay in shape
pretty much do what you usually do like train and stuff but eat more during the day

best advice ever :)

canadianfootballer

moaoui21 wrote:i say good ole american diet :D
eat more than usual.. but make sure you stay in shape
pretty much do what you usually do like train and stuff but eat more during the day

best advice ever :)

no dont do that at all hes right about eating more than usual but dont eat good ole american diet as american foods are typically higher in fat sugar and sodiom not good for u (im talking about if moaoui21 means fast food)
eat stuff with complex carbohydrates like pasta or spaghetti and have some food with protein often such as chicken (but not fried). Then go work out and see if it makes a difference also i wouldnt really lift too much as u should wait till ur sixteen do a lot of of push ups and situps instead of weights

donaldo7

thanks for your help so basicly just eat more food would it be ok if you list some more foods please and should i do as many pressups as i can instead of weights ?

moaoui21
Sophomore Member

haha its funny that when someone says american diet they think of fast food :lol:

Nat_H
Veteran Member

moaoui21, you could've explained what you meant by "american diet". If we (including myself) don't know what it is, then I doubt donaldo7 would.

to donaldo7: Aside from structuring your workout better, dietwise I'm pretty sure you would benefit from consuming protein shakes after your workout. They give you protein (obviously) that is required to build muscle. Of course you could eat any protein-rich foods, like chicken or other meat, nuts, beans, etc.

Norm

do core exercises which are in the featured articles. Press ups, and lifting weights that aren't to heavy but aren't real easy. Do lots of repetitions of these. Every other day if you're tired at first, but after a bit make a point to work out every day. Also a drill I love to do with my brother is make a box 4x4 metres and have a ball and just go at it. Shield tackle or w/e you have to do in a small place to hold or take the ball. It will teach you to go hard because if you don't you're not going to get the ball. Should toughen you up a bit if you're doing it at high intensity for a good half hour.

susanhenry03
New User

Fitness is very important for sports. Proper exercise is essential for fitness. Fitness needs not only for body it is necessary for the mind also.
==========================
susan
http://www.christian-drug-rehab.org

donaldo7

thanks for the advice and what are protein shakes :oops: and am i old enough to have them

brettchelsea9

:) :) yea do that but when u have time have that protien and then run and do all that. :) :D

donaldo7

thanks for advice but ive been doing all that stuff and get shoved straight off the ball still im not taking protein shakes as my coach said it might make me fat. do think its atcually possible for me to get stronger and be able to shove someone else of the ball. im not sure if its my strength wat is the problem because generally i can lift heavy weights and stuff but cant shove any one of the ball please can some of u guys help some more thanks

Nat_H
Veteran Member

To prevent someone from shoving you off the ball:
Be ready...it is near impossible to defend yourself and the ball if you are oblivious to an incoming challenge. You must set your feet and keep your center of gravity low by bending your knees. If you are moving quickly (such as dribbling fast) and someone comes in with a challenge, unless you have an obvious physical advantage in size and strength, just pull the ball back and let him breeze by you. In those situations you will be off balance because of your speed and it is best to avoid the challenge.

Any (legal) hit an opponent gives you you should be able to absorb simply by keeping your balance. Of course a much stronger opponent will be able to overpower you and you will be helpless. This is where strength training (and a growth spurt) will be necessary. So if you think you are making progress in making yourself stronger, yet are still being pushed off of the ball, it may be a matter of technique. You can have the biggest and strongest muscles and lose a wrestling match simply because you don't have the technique or skill.

donaldo7

cheers nat h so basicly get low and keep my balance and continue my strength training thanks btw is there any way too help me grow faster or just wait for my growth spurt

Middleman13
Veteran Member

ya gotta wait for your growth spert there buddy.

If you wanna pack on the muscle , ya gotta eat man. Not sh*tty foods good lean meats. Like fish, steak, chicken, etc.

Make sure your woking your core casue it is extremly important if ya dont wanna get knocked off the ball.

When your lifting, Dont working on smaller muscle groups like your biceps, triceps or neck or small things.
Being soccer strong is having extremly strong hamstrings, Quads, and glutes.

Whenever i ever go to the gym . I always work legs and chest and abs or legs back and abs

Somtimes ill put triceps in there just becasue
Dream as if you'll live forever, Live as if you will die today.

donaldo7

thanks ive got another question sorry bout this but ive got some dumbells 3 of them 1st is 0.5 kg second 1 kg and third 1.5 kg which one should i use and wat exercises should i do with them thanks if you can awnser and btw im 13 and dont want to stunt my growth so i dno if there safe or not