sports supplements?

Physical conditioning, injuries, nutrition and everything related to fitness
dinho
Sophomore Member

one more thing, do i take these shakes only after my workouts? because i dont get it if i take it in the morning or b4 i go sleep? and when i say after my workout i mean weight training right? not soccer training or after games.

mint
EF Drug Baron

if u go see a nutritionist theyll tell u reccomended times to take it
i was made to ignite

MiKeOnE29

dinho wrote:one more thing, do i take these shakes only after my workouts? because i dont get it if i take it in the morning or b4 i go sleep? and when i say after my workout i mean weight training right? not soccer training or after games.
Firstly I take protein shakes because i play rugby. I dont think taking supplements is really needed for sports like football because its more about skill rather than power. I'd personally be very surprised if players at top clubs take protein/creatine because they'd most likely end up getting too muscular. I'm sure they weight train but im not sure about supplements. Thats my opinion anyway.

If your seriously small and weak then start going to the gym regularly and eating right, then maybe look into taking shakes. But you need to put in alot of effort in the gym for there to be an effect. Dont expect that by taking a supplement you'll get all strong all of a sudden.

Anyway thats all my personal opinion and i have looked into this sort of stuff quite abit because i can potentially play rugby to a high standard, rugby is my main sport, so i do weight training for that. Personally if played football seriously i wouldnt bother with supplements but thats me. If you really want to take them then go to your local gnc and see what they suggest.

p.s to your question about shakes you buy the power then mix it with milk. They explain everything on them. you can do what you want but i have one each morning and then one after weight training or my training/game.

fr33k1ck
Veteran Member

Yea you are gonna have to hit the gym if you want to take full advantage of the shake. But for your ectomorph body type, you dont have to worry about getting to bulky. Just try to eat 6 small meals a day. Drink your protein shake while you eat breakfast and then again during your workout. Protein repairs muscle, and when you life your ripping and tearing your muscle fibers. So the protein repairs them with more cells, thus making you bigger, so you have to workout.

And the link I gave you, that stuff is powder. So you can mix it with milk, ice, fruit or whatever.

fairydust
New User

Yeah a nutritionist is usually a good one to ask. Will keep in mind about the protein shakes...

vitamins