V,red bull, etc

Physical conditioning, injuries, nutrition and everything related to fitness
Post Reply
NEVERGIVINGUP
Senior Member
Posts: 160
Joined: 12 Apr 2008, 11:18

V,red bull, etc

Post by NEVERGIVINGUP » 16 Aug 2008, 10:45

ok so i was always curious about V. today i went to the shops and bought a V and drank it.

i told my parents and they started snapping and sayin its not good for u, and it harms the liver.

tell me, is it good to drink it?
when is it appropriate to drink it?

freestylejordan
Junior Member
Posts: 74
Joined: 25 Apr 2008, 07:08

Re: V,red bull, etc

Post by freestylejordan » 16 Aug 2008, 11:36

Before a tonne of EF users tell you exactly whats wrong with these energy drinks I'll start by answering one of your questions

NEVERGIVINGUP wrote: when is it appropriate to drink it?
NEVER




....I wonder if this post is going to relate back to Michael Phelps, I think he drinks them daily? I hope thats not the case

Rome_Leader
The Italian Mod
Posts: 3028
Joined: 19 Jun 2007, 22:03

Post by Rome_Leader » 16 Aug 2008, 12:38

LMAO, well said, freestyleMJ.

Truth is, they are not good for you in more ways then one. They are packed with sugar, caffeine and loads of other undesirables, especially Red Bull, with its artificial chemicals. Ginseng, glucose... All fancy words for more caffeine and more sugar that you don't need. I don't know about harming the liver, but they harm a whole lot of other stuff, and too much in one sitting can put a great strain on your heart. Plus, as they have loads of caffeine and sugar, they are very much a 'once-off' kinda thing, in that you will feel great for a few minutes, and then crash, feeling crappy for hours.

You want a boost? Go with some regular sports drinks (Sparingly, if you don't need them) or an apple. Nature's caffeine, right there.
Image

All roads lead to Rome.

Triskaidekaphobia: The unnatural fear of the number 13.
Most of Ballack's opposition have this phobia.

I'm Scott. Don't let the title fool you; I.AM.CANADIAN!

messi19
Veteran Member
Posts: 883
Joined: 21 Mar 2008, 05:36

Post by messi19 » 16 Aug 2008, 16:25

I know eveyones gonna flame me for this, but I love drinking red bull before and after a match. It gennerally does help me and my doctor said are should drink because I have a vitamin intolerance.

Ive also heared by several people the Red bull shrinks your nuts!
Can anyone give me the answer to this? Not that im bothred because I have a HUGE you know what! :lol:
Image

Image

I WRITE EVERYTHING FROM MY iPOD TOUCH!

Kakasgotskillz
Veteran Member
Posts: 2159
Joined: 13 Dec 2006, 20:15

Post by Kakasgotskillz » 17 Aug 2008, 00:37

Simply put, the only bad thing is the indosed amount of caffeine. What they say about having ginseng and other ingredients, it only comes in small portions. Caffeine drinks are based upon 3 things: caffeine, vitamin B, and sugar (don't remember which sugar it was). Most energy drinks are not mixed together right to create a lasting positive effect, and of course, if you drink too much caffeine, your body starts to shake, heart rate increases, you tend to urinate more, etc. etc. There are some good ones on the market though, a tip for that, look away from the mainstream products.

Messi, the only thing that I've ever heard is damaging to your "growth" is Mountain Dew, which people say reduces sperm count :?

soccer11
Admin
Posts: 4870
Joined: 24 Feb 2005, 23:40
Location: Michigan, USA

Post by soccer11 » 17 Aug 2008, 01:05

i heard kind of differently. i heard ginseng makes your penis bigger, though i'm not sure about that
Image

messi19
Veteran Member
Posts: 883
Joined: 21 Mar 2008, 05:36

Post by messi19 » 17 Aug 2008, 01:49

soccer11 wrote:i heard kind of differently. i heard ginseng makes your penis bigger, though i'm not sure about that
Oooooo! Get me some ginseng right away!
Image

Image

I WRITE EVERYTHING FROM MY iPOD TOUCH!

soccer11
Admin
Posts: 4870
Joined: 24 Feb 2005, 23:40
Location: Michigan, USA

Post by soccer11 » 17 Aug 2008, 01:58

messi19 wrote:
soccer11 wrote:i heard kind of differently. i heard ginseng makes your penis bigger, though i'm not sure about that
Oooooo! Get me some ginseng right away!
so you're saying you need ginseng then? :P :D
Image

bsc
Veteran Member
Posts: 872
Joined: 31 Mar 2008, 16:54
Location: University of Delaware

Post by bsc » 17 Aug 2008, 02:06

i like what romez, said

Go eat an apple! :wink:
Image Image
And the dreams that you dare to dream, really do come true

messi19
Veteran Member
Posts: 883
Joined: 21 Mar 2008, 05:36

Post by messi19 » 17 Aug 2008, 02:07

soccer11 wrote:
messi19 wrote:
soccer11 wrote:i heard kind of differently. i heard ginseng makes your penis bigger, though i'm not sure about that
Oooooo! Get me some ginseng right away!
so you're saying you need ginseng then? :P :D
Nah, Im just trying to set a world record! :P
Image

Image

I WRITE EVERYTHING FROM MY iPOD TOUCH!

bsc
Veteran Member
Posts: 872
Joined: 31 Mar 2008, 16:54
Location: University of Delaware

Post by bsc » 17 Aug 2008, 02:09

ur trying to beat expert's record? (JK) lol
Image Image
And the dreams that you dare to dream, really do come true

Zlatan5
Veteran Member
Posts: 1208
Joined: 17 Nov 2006, 05:41

Post by Zlatan5 » 17 Aug 2008, 03:41

Rome_Leader wrote:LMAO, well said, freestyleMJ.

Truth is, they are not good for you in more ways then one. They are packed with sugar, caffeine and loads of other undesirables, especially Red Bull, with its artificial chemicals. Ginseng, glucose... All fancy words for more caffeine and more sugar that you don't need. I don't know about harming the liver, but they harm a whole lot of other stuff, and too much in one sitting can put a great strain on your heart. Plus, as they have loads of caffeine and sugar, they are very much a 'once-off' kinda thing, in that you will feel great for a few minutes, and then crash, feeling crappy for hours.

You want a boost? Go with some regular sports drinks (Sparingly, if you don't need them) or an apple. Nature's caffeine, right there.


Hasn't harmed me, though I drink it like once a week, or during trips when I need to stay awake. Saved my ass over finals aswell. But of course everyone can say, dude its gonna come back and get ya later in life. My answer; WHO GIVES A FLYING HALF OF A fu**? An over excess of meat is gonna kill you too with a heart attack, there is nothing on this planet that is safe, so drinking energy drinks is no different than me being a cop or soldier, hell or even working in a mine, it's dangerous. Living in the city, dangerous, crossing a street, dangerous, driving....dangerous...Eating....dangerous. :twisted:

espana_27
Senior Member
Posts: 101
Joined: 04 Aug 2008, 11:58

Post by espana_27 » 09 Mar 2009, 23:58

think of it this way, energy drinks like monster and red bull contain about as much sugar as 8 cups of coffee. most of the criticizers are fat 40 year old people that go online and write articles about these drinks while consuming 12 cups of coffee in a given day. example: my neighbor haha

AnasAlex10
New User
Posts: 6
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 13:43

Post by AnasAlex10 » 14 Apr 2009, 17:47

Drink a can of Redbull sugar-free and one or two pieces of bananas (depends on size) before one hour of exercising or a match and you will damn run like a horse and move like a monkey lol! To even feel better, 4 hours before a match eat pasta or salad and make sure before playing you give a good nice visit to the toilet =P!

udinese20
Senior Member
Posts: 133
Joined: 25 Oct 2008, 12:00

Post by udinese20 » 17 Apr 2009, 15:18

this kid from my school a few years back was playing rep football and a kid from the other team died right next to him.. Apparently he had a few V's before the game and died because of it :| mehh anyway im surprised i cant find anything on it from google cause it was on the news and everything..

Post Reply