what I have found out, about physical changes

Physical conditioning, injuries, nutrition and everything related to fitness
kukumi
New User

I wanted to prove my self after all that running in long distances is good besides what people are saying that makes you slower and so on.... It does not affect your speed at all! Yes yes that's true but how come? very simple, if you do 3 times a week plyos and sprinting program along with weightlifting program, it will only add stamina because there is a program that you are doing during the week that does not let your muscles become slower. Believe me or not I have seen a very big impact on my physical changes, I’m running faster, I’m sprinting faster and incredible endurance while sprinting. I’m able to sprint almost flat out at 85-100 % for 1 min and feel nothing but joy I do this 3 x 1 min sprint twice a week and than do plyos. As for running every Sunday 20-25 miles 1:30 -2:00 hours continuous running. I have come up with the idea after testing my self that soccer is like marathoners that requires to be a sprinter too, so train in marathoners way once in a week and twice like sprinter....you'll se a dramatic changes in your body. Due to the fact that sprinting is all anaerobic but remember that recovery time to do next sprint depend fully on you aerobic capacity and that capacity gives you a marathon approach.

Ps. Guys believe me I was the very disappointed as how my coach was treating me…so I posted a thread here how to train I got blessed with all of you helping me to design a specific needs of mine, but surely a modified a little bit and yesterday we had a testing game while being off-season…guess what? I was running like a maniac non-stop box-to-box and managed to score from a position of defensive midfielder thank to you all contributing so much in this forum. And what I mentioned above is the real fact that is happening to me….so don’t be afraid to run 30 miles every Sunday, but a lots of plyos and sprinting.

My coach was left open-mouthed with endurance I have gained during 4 week intensive training. And finally, guys the miracle that God created for us and is still there waiting for you…the best natural fuel or I would call it body-nitro “HONEY” it makes you run non-stop if you drink 1 hour prior to the game, ½ liter of warm water and put 2 tablespoon honey stir it until it dissolves and drink it.

Cheers.

fawad000

30 miles=approximately 50 km,r u kidding me ?i can't even jog more than 15 km,how could u do this? is it god gifted or a miracle

BuzzingBee
Veteran Member

hey thats a brilliant discovery!,you should make your own program like training routine for everyone to see,that would be wicked, :wink:
Practice and drive are all you need, You will become good, if not great, and then, if you wish to go further, the opportunities will come to you - Rome_Leader

BuzzingBee's at it again

kukumi
New User

Guys believe me it is the ugliest feeling seeing the bus with my team-mates in the morning going to play away league match. Just because I wasn't in coaches wish-list. I started reading and reading every day 4 hours a day doing researches on the net how to become a better player in all areas; physical, mental everything. I read a god sentence from Bruce Lee's life and it says at the beginning he stood for hours and took every piece on different books that he thought are good for him. And every body knows who he was...so I practically did the same thing reading too much and se what fits me more...

So I'm just about to finish my work-out routine based on this facts and I will surely post it here...Finally, I swear to God every Sunday I'm able to run 30 - 50 km but this does not mean that I stick to it there is a certain week that I wont go for running. As for you my friend being a soccer player and not being able to run 15 km common improve your self.

cheers

arsenalfc08
Veteran Member

30km= 18 miles, in one day. I feel thats excessive unless your training for a marathon.

I don't run long distances, I mostly do fartleks (intreval running) the whole 45 minute workout ends up being about 2.5 miles. Sprints, hill running, and suicides are mixed in as well.

I don't think were saying long distance is bad just not necessary. Soccer is all about different changes in speed. I feel intreval running is the best to do because you still get some distance but your also building stamina. Combine that will sprinting, suicides, hill running and agility, I think you'll see the same results.

Man I used to run cross country and we never did that much running. We ran 5-6 miles tops.

fawad000

well i have not seen a professional football player in my whole life who runs more than 15 km in normal 90 minutes(there r may b some exceptions) so i consider 15 km is good for me but seriously friend if u can do 30-50 km,it's awesome but don't u think it will make u slow :(

p.s how long it took u to reach the stamina of 50 km?(like it took me 40 days to reach the stamina of 15 km)

kukumi
New User

First of all I told you that it is proved by science that soccer nowadays are very close to marathoners coz it's true that nobody runs more than 15 km but being able to run 30 km means that the recovery time after several sprints during the game it depends on aerobic capabilities. So being able to run 30 km means that you are able to run 15 km without any problem plus sprints, short bursts and rebounds etc.

As for running…try to train according to your schedule but leave Saturday as a rest day, then on Sunday go for running 15 km….next week 18-20 km next week 20 km next week 23-25 km and finally go for 30 km.
That means 5 week program and you’ll be able to run 30. When you are able to run 30 km than you can go for 40 and up no problem anymore, but, keep in mind during my 30 km run I do 10-15 sprints about 20 meters…so do it too. Good luck and keep me updated if you succeed.

I have to emphasize again that there is no negative changes affected my speed not at all.

kukumi
New User

also i forgot to tell you that somone asked me that running so much makes you loose weight as far as I am concerned I always stay to 68-67 kilos and I have exactly the same body as seen on my dp picture.

RoryBen
New User

World record for a marathon is 2:04.26. I don't believe you run 25 miles in 2:00 every sunday. That's elite running speed - and we're talking kenyans etc here!

Long distance running is all about conditioning your body to physically run for that long a time (impact on your joints, mental conditioning etc), rather than fitness. For football, there's absolutely no need to train for marathons - as others have said, professional footballers run maybe max 15km in a game (which is stop-start too) - so maybe being able to run about 20km would be more than adequate (about 12.5mi).