cant play football atm

Physical conditioning, injuries, nutrition and everything related to fitness
mint
EF Drug Baron

Post by mint » 24 May 2009, 14:32

SteveF wrote:
mint wrote:IM BACK!!! surgery went ok, got a big sports brace on my knee atm got to keep it on for 6 weeks and ive got a bit of physio to do, still pretty painbfull and having a bit of difficulty walking but thats natural, i also found out i had a torn cartilage so the doc stitched that together as well.

just got to give it time now.
You can tear cartralige?
Nasty...

Good luck with recovery mint, hopefully its swift and effective and you are back at your best soon
Yeah thats what the doc said so he stitched it back together, he said theres a 70% pertcent chance of it healing as well thats why he decided to do it.
i was made to ignite

NewBornProdigy
Admin

Post by NewBornProdigy » 24 May 2009, 17:20

Dude thats good and ba news that you got the surgery, but hopefully you'll be sorted now

mint
EF Drug Baron

Post by mint » 14 Jun 2009, 22:51

Thoguht i may as well give you an update on my recovery.

Well its going well, not taking painkillers anymore so thats a bonus, walking without support (hobbling though) and on the physio programme now. Still got the brace on my knee but the doc said it could come off in the next few weeks so thats also good.
i was made to ignite

scottS4
Veteran Member

Post by scottS4 » 15 Jun 2009, 22:01

mint wrote:Thoguht i may as well give you an update on my recovery.

Well its going well, not taking painkillers anymore so thats a bonus, walking without support (hobbling though) and on the physio programme now. Still got the brace on my knee but the doc said it could come off in the next few weeks so thats also good.
thats good that your walking, just keep doing what your supposed to be doing and it'll heal. good luck on the rest of the recovery

mint
EF Drug Baron

Post by mint » 07 Nov 2009, 14:09

Got another update: physios going well, starting doing some light weg training at physio so thats good and im allowed to do light jogging again but just in straight lines with no twisting which is good.
i was made to ignite

Alexio1092
Veteran Member

Post by Alexio1092 » 08 Nov 2009, 10:08

All the best Mint - remember to take it at the pace you're advised with recovery/return to physical activity. The worst thing you can do is rush yourself, you've got your whole life ahead of you. I rushed back from an ACL reconstruction to make the finals series of a club match and ended up requiring further surgery eventually as the ACL never fully settled/repaired!

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 09 Nov 2009, 23:30

mint wrote:Got another update: physios going well, starting doing some light weg training at physio so thats good and im allowed to do light jogging again but just in straight lines with no twisting which is good.
well im glad your making progress, knee injuries sure suck, i have my own, the worst thing is, after you dont feel pain, and you feell your knee is ""strong" and then rehurt it :( anyway good luck, what are some of the phisio-exercises your doing?
to know Him is to want to know Him more"

"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'