cant play football atm

Physical conditioning, injuries, nutrition and everything related to fitness
big_pimpin
New User

i feel the same way with an ankle injury. its frustrating not being able to play but w.e just make sure u take care of it and dont force anything... after u feel that u have recovered and can at least walk properly. u need to do small excersizes to get all ur muscles back and strong. coz if not then ur most likely to re-injure.

BTW DAVIDSON THAT VIDEO IS FREAKING AWESOME. i watched it like 50 times:P

ravenal
Sophomore Member

well, what type of ankle injury is it? i used to have this injury in which the little ballish bone in my instep would hurt like hell and swell. is that ur injury too? i have osgood schattler's disease atm and its killing me but thank god, i've been going to rehab for 4 times now and eating pills and now im all ready for our first practice of the season. i've been through torn ligaments..sprained ankles, strained hamstring, osgood schattler's disease. all from soccer considerin im only 14 lol. quite alot. dun give up just yet. gotta keep goin

NewBornProdigy
Admin

Real_Zidane wrote:I'm not sure I believe that. Where did you get your information, wikipedia? It's hard enough making it pro without smoking, if you smoke habitually, it's pretty much impossible.
i'm not contradicting you

it is litterally impossible to become pro if you smoke regulary
1 a day would half your chances, never mind 5

and i herad berbatov smoked 20 in the 2 weeks holiday before pre season (not a day) but i still don't beleive it

i have seen pictures of rooney with cigs in his hand in vegas this year and heard the ronaldo used top smoke

but i only beleive the rooney one cause i saw it

and kick the habit mint, its baddd for you :D :evil:

BuzzingBee
Veteran Member

Wow i cannot believe this is actually being discussed,mint you need to stop period its bad for everything,your health,your mental health,your skin,your lungs,overall your chance at footy! who the hell would even consider smoking really,and even if the pros did smoke,your not them,you never will be,only your level of football will be one day maybe in time only if you stop smoking..but for serious,if you are a kid trying to make it pro,then smoking will only set you back in time really,it probably already has,firstly think of what it does to you,secondly figure out what you want to do,thirdly set up a plan,fourthly set your goal like this,it may take awhile,and you will suffer the drawbacks of cigarettes in your blood side affects will occur most likely,but remember smoking will only set you further in your goal by creating opportunities,i take it that,you probably cant run properly without wheezing because your lungs cant take it,but honestly do you think you can outrun an opponent who's lungs and body are free of toxins out on the field during a game or will you be the one to outrun because well you cant run in tip top form,do to the fact you smoke.

calculate the how much fags you smoke a day

then slowly take steps to reach them like say

gradually to one fag per day,moving on to one fag per week and then one fag per month etc

and every time you do,reward yourself! save up for a pair of boots with the money you spend on CIGARETTES,or go buy something that you would like to treat yourself? posters of footy stars,maybe even the latest jersey of the club you support? really it just comes down to you,and what you want to do with your life.

P.S I'm no professional,i only know so much,you should take this to your doctor he may have some special programs or gum's or remedies of the sort and maybe talk with your parents,if they smoke then that's a terrible habit,and you shouldn't be around it encourage them to quit with you,it will only have a beneficial outcome.
Practice and drive are all you need, You will become good, if not great, and then, if you wish to go further, the opportunities will come to you - Rome_Leader

BuzzingBee's at it again

freestylejordan

Real_Zidane wrote: i have seen pictures of rooney with cigs in his hand in vegas this year
I read in his autobiography that he smokes the odd cigar only when he's on vacation. Personally I've never smoked and never will I had a collapsed lung many years ago which I'll point out had nothing to do with smoking but nonetheless people should never smoke full stop.

mint
EF Drug Baron

BuzzingBee wrote:Wow i cannot believe this is actually being discussed,mint you need to stop period its bad for everything,your health,your mental health,your skin,your lungs,overall your chance at footy! who the hell would even consider smoking really,and even if the pros did smoke,your not them,you never will be,only your level of football will be one day maybe in time only if you stop smoking..but for serious,if you are a kid trying to make it pro,then smoking will only set you back in time really,it probably already has,firstly think of what it does to you,secondly figure out what you want to do,thirdly set up a plan,fourthly set your goal like this,it may take awhile,and you will suffer the drawbacks of cigarettes in your blood side affects will occur most likely,but remember smoking will only set you further in your goal by creating opportunities,i take it that,you probably cant run properly without wheezing because your lungs cant take it,but honestly do you think you can outrun an opponent who's lungs and body are free of toxins out on the field during a game or will you be the one to outrun because well you cant run in tip top form,do to the fact you smoke.

calculate the how much fags you smoke a day

then slowly take steps to reach them like say

gradually to one fag per day,moving on to one fag per week and then one fag per month etc

and every time you do,reward yourself! save up for a pair of boots with the money you spend on CIGARETTES,or go buy something that you would like to treat yourself? posters of footy stars,maybe even the latest jersey of the club you support? really it just comes down to you,and what you want to do with your life.

P.S I'm no professional,i only know so much,you should take this to your doctor he may have some special programs or gum's or remedies of the sort and maybe talk with your parents,if they smoke then that's a terrible habit,and you shouldn't be around it encourage them to quit with you,it will only have a beneficial outcome.
i know smoking is bad for me which is why im trying to quit, i know it will fu** up my chances of being a pro footballer or pro freestyler. i am quitting slowly.

and bb my parents dont smoke.

at least i dont smoke cannabis/weed that fu**s u up real bad and tbh i dont agree with drugs.
i was made to ignite

NewBornProdigy
Admin

man, nicotine is a drug (probably the worst of the lot)

break the habit man, i just hope you see sense
but you will live to regret it, or should i say you won't :cry:

man you can't make excuse's, a few weeks ago my friends dad went into hospital, he had to get taclcum powder stuck to the inside of his chest so his lungs would stick to the edge and not colloapse in on themselves and suffocate him, they showed me a picture of them after he died and they were all black white and pink with these huge big gaping holes with all this sticky black sh*t coming out, most sickest thing i have ever saw

a few years back, my uncle in laws ma came home from the doctors when we were at her gaff from the doctors, and she lifted her head up pointed at a load of lumps in her throat, and said 'six months' :(

and you say weeds fu**ed up? :?

but fu** it its your life, waste it what ever way you want, ain't nobody but yourself gonna stop you doing that :roll:

mint
EF Drug Baron

good news everyone ive quit smoking today and im not going to touch another ciggarette again, what the fu** is good about em? i tell you what is good about them, fu**ing nothing. they are too expensive and they fu** up ur fitness, so for anyone whos thinking of starting smoking dont do it its not fu**ing worth it.
i was made to ignite

WooWee55

good for you mate. Exacly, ciggerettes do nothing for you except screw up your lungs and give you a better chance of having cancer :evil: ! Thats y im never even gunna start. Its not hard to stop if you never start 8)

soccer_after_death
Veteran Member

Great job mint, really great job. I really can't express how I feel when people tell me they've quit, it gives me this inner feeling of happiness, and uh, tbh I can't even put it into words.
I'm just glad you quit.:D
Cheers

mint
EF Drug Baron

OK i thought i may as well post in this because its already here.

I went for a pre op assessment yesterday and i found out im having surgery on my knee a week on thursday, the ocnsultant said this will most likely be a success and ill be back training and playing by december.

The surgery im having is ACL reconmstruction.
i was made to ignite

soccermatt

good luck with the surgery! hopefully you can stay away from the cigs too, they are not good.

mint
EF Drug Baron

Well got surgery in about 2 hours, hopefully it will be a success.
i was made to ignite

evolutionr91

good luck with the surgery. Let us know how it goes...

mint
EF Drug Baron

IM BACK!!! surgery went ok, got a big sports brace on my knee atm got to keep it on for 6 weeks and ive got a bit of physio to do, still pretty painbfull and having a bit of difficulty walking but thats natural, i also found out i had a torn cartilage so the doc stitched that together as well.

just got to give it time now.
i was made to ignite