CALVES

Physical conditioning, injuries, nutrition and everything related to fitness
Anymi
Veteran Member

I am looking for some really effective calf exersises to really bulid them up. But I am not a gym man so is there any really good ones that dont involve equpment.

Thanks in advance

Ali14

i dont know wat's the exercise name is but wat u do in it is that u stand on ur toes for like 5 sec and then come back down starting frm a standing position....i'll try to find a video for it so that u understand it better

David_93

Just go up and down on your toes, until it really burns in your calves. That's what I do sometimes.

Boody

David_93 wrote:Just go up and down on your toes, until it really burns in your calves. That's what I do sometimes.
called squats btw

David_93

It wasn't squats that I meant, squat is more for your quads, and uppper legs. I think it is called calf raises what I meant. Here's a video: http://www.videojug.com/film/how-to-exe ... ng-weights

J
Admin

One thing that has really helped me over time is when I go out long distance run's, I switch of each mile running strictly on my toes without letting my heal touch the ground. It also helps build up all those little stabilizing muscles in your ankle as well.

Beadling19
Sophomore Member

try to balance on a trampoline with your eyes closed. It is alot harder than you think and it helps.

Anymi
Veteran Member

I did the videojug thing. My calves have killed for days. To do it every day should i stretch before and after a session?

Ali14

YES......!!!!

coz if u dont stretch them u will have a really bad pain in your calves which will stay there for days...

that what happened to me when i started them too...
Its Not About How Many Punches Knock You Down, Its What You Do When You Get Back Up Again.

cangri01

one question

the exercise involves lifting your body weight off your toes...

so does that mean that jumping on your toes works too?

Kakasgotskillz
Veteran Member

Yea, that's why skipping is effective for training your calf endurance buddy :)

cangri01

hey
i tried those exercises you guys talked about
and i felt my calves burn really nice
i'm starting to get addicted to it :wink: