When you are injured..

Physical conditioning, injuries, nutrition and everything related to fitness
user1101

I have been injured for the last week, just small muscle strains and pulls. During this time, I have not been productive at all in any way (relating to football), so I was wondering what you guys do when you have a small injury or injuries which prevent you from training at maximum intensity. All I have been doing is going to sleep early and taking vitamins to try and recover as fast as possible.. Is there anything else I could be doing while injured in order to become a better footballer? Thanks for any help

Alexio1092
Veteran Member

user1101 wrote:I have been injured for the last week, just small muscle strains and pulls. During this time, I have not been productive at all in any way (relating to football), so I was wondering what you guys do when you have a small injury or injuries which prevent you from training at maximum intensity. All I have been doing is going to sleep early and taking vitamins to try and recover as fast as possible.. Is there anything else I could be doing while injured in order to become a better footballer? Thanks for any help
Physiotherapy and R & R do me best mate, I'll add more later I'm completely out of it atm,,, just had knee surgery 2 days ago,..so many drugs. :P

EDIT: Don't stress out by trying to keep yourself involved with football while you're injured, just take every step on the road to recovery at an eased pace so you can get back into the game & give it 120%. :)

user1101

Yea thanks for the advice. I just had a few weeks off from school and it was so frustrating knowing that so much time is being wasted.. it's probably the same for you with the ammount of injuries you have had in the past. Is there a specific reason why you get injured so often? Like a lack of flexibility or strength in the legs??

I have another question related to my previous one:

From my understanding of what I have read on these forums, in order to learn the proper technique for certain skills in football (such as shooting, dribbling, etc.), you need to practice a technique and repeat it as much as possible. This allows your muscles to remember how to execute a specific technique exactly.
I also read somewhere that when you are injured, even when have a small strain or pull, you are more susceptible to injury as your body works in a slghtly different way, compensating for what the injured muscle(s) can not do by using other muscles.

Now, could someone please tell me what happens when you train while you are injured?

Is it wrong to assume that you will learn the technique incorrectly, or, if you have already learnt this technique, you will begin to execute the technique incorrectly once you recover from your injury?
Or have I missed something? If my "definitions" are incorrect, then could someone please correct them?

Basically, I want to know: if you are repeating a certain technique while you are injured, and other muscles are compensating for your injured muscle, will this result in you either learning the technique wrong or you losing (overriding) the skill you have previously learnt (in relation to this specific technique). I'm not sure how well I explained my question, so if you are unsure of what I am asking, please say.

Thank you very much whoever answers this because it has been troubling me for a while.

DA_B3LL3ND
Sophomore Member

i never get injuried cus no1 can get near me on da pitch

Had2bHarry
Veteran Member

Dude, can you please stop posting sh*t in this forum?! Its a waste of time and space, your just annoying people and making yourself look bad coz no one believes you.
Yea thanks for the advice. I just had a few weeks off from school and it was so frustrating knowing that so much time is being wasted.. it's probably the same for you with the ammount of injuries you have had in the past. Is there a specific reason why you get injured so often? Like a lack of flexibility or strength in the legs??
I hear ya brah. I had a seriously bad ankle sprain a few weeks ago right when I was at the top of my game, and Im still recovering. I missed heaps of school and I became lazy and unfit, theres nothing I hate more than injury.

Alexios had alot of injury problems in the past because he has a condition called osgoods, Im not sure exactly how it works though.
Now, could someone please tell me what happens when you train while you are injured?
I've done it before, and quite frankly I wish I had'nt. You should start out by just going to training and doing light jogging to increase your fitness and some light ballwork to start out with. Slowly and progressively start doing more but make sure its comfortable and NEVER push yourself, until you think you've recovered.

Mate, I have no idea what you mean about muscles, but being able to perform certain skills I thought was more about coordination imo, the ability to link movements with your brain etc, so I dont think it has too much to do with muscles, but im no expert.

Also, if this helps, in terms of muscle tears (ive never had one, but i hope this helps) once you recover from a pull, then its possible to recover and gradually keep improving your flexibilty which can help furthur prevent pulls.

Yeah, I've pretty much tried to answer your Qs as best as I could, hope it helps :wink:
Sig by me

user1101

Yea, thanks a lot. You answered most of what I wanted to know. Much more helpful than the assh**e before you. Do you think he realises that injuries can occur when you are training in isolation? Would it be possible for him to understand that the majority of ACL injuries occur when you are not in contact with another player? Personally, I dont think so

Your ideas about going back into training are interesting. Usually when I go back into training after an injury I just gun it and re-injure myself. I think I'll try your approach next time (although I'm hoping I dont get injured for a while). Thanks once again.

zcm12

DA_B3LL3ND wrote:i never get injuried cus no1 can get near me on da pitch
yo man get off the forums!! everybody gets injured.

HE WILL BE BACK I KNOW IT!