shin guard problem

Physical conditioning, injuries, nutrition and everything related to fitness
tevezaholic
Veteran Member

not sure if this is the right section,butwhen i wear my shin guards (has ankle guard)for a while i get cramp in my leg and ankle,coach was putting me in a match and i couldnt play because of cramp(they had other matches before that and this was the last mathc ,so the shinguards were on for a while) anyone can tell me why i have the cramp,i think it is because of lack of movement in the ankle because of the ankle guard,but u guys know i dont know nothing bout this health and injury thing
Last edited by tevezaholic on 03 Apr 2008, 17:58, edited 1 time in total.
Oh crap,missed me bus!!

rzadzinski
Poland Spring Rzadzinski

All I know is that I can't play at all with ankle guards, cut them off or get guards without them, it's a lot better IMO.
"I wear tinted visor not to trick other players, but so hot girls in stands don't see me looking at them."

-Alexander Ovechkin

ScottyBoy
Veteran Member

:lol: i still cant get over your little video rzad :lol: i wonder what hurt more.. the fire itself or putting it out :lol:
either way the kids a legend 8)

rzadzinski
Poland Spring Rzadzinski

ScottyBoy wrote::lol: i still cant get over your little video rzad :lol: i wonder what hurt more.. the fire itself or putting it out :lol:
:lol:
That kid is a legend, too bad no one knows his name (or if at all he is a guy anymore).
"I wear tinted visor not to trick other players, but so hot girls in stands don't see me looking at them."

-Alexander Ovechkin

tevezaholic
Veteran Member

ScottyBoy wrote::lol: i still cant get over your little video rzad :lol: i wonder what hurt more.. the fire itself or putting it out :lol:
i think putting out the fire hurt more :lol:

rzadz,how do u get a vid as ur sig?

my father would act stupid if i cut them off but i am still going to if he doesnt want to buy some without a ankle guard
Oh crap,missed me bus!!

tevezaholic
Veteran Member

i cut them of and here's the good thing,i can still wear them when i want cause im goin to stitch the cut open part and when i have a early morning game when i dont have to wear them for that long,ill put them on,another plus is that i can place the shin guard where i want it,the bad,when my father finds out he is going to go on a out rage but i'll just play it cool and use logic :D
Oh crap,missed me bus!!

Soccer4Life
Guide Goddess

If you genuinely needed to cut off the ankle straps due to discomfort and a negative impact on your playing, I'm sure your dad will understand. And even if he doesn't, it's kinda worth it if it helps your game.

tevezaholic
Veteran Member

he's misereble,but after about ten mins,he'll forget about it
Oh crap,missed me bus!!

karlofootball10
Veteran Member

ankle guards are stupid.
i dont really like shin guards in the first place,
but i would definitely try to play without them if i were you and see what happens.
if a quiz is quizzical, then what's a test?

cyxstudio

rzadzinski wrote:All I know is that I can't play at all with ankle guards, cut them off or get guards without them, it's a lot better IMO.
Shin and ankle guards are important. I wear the every match. If i forgot to bring i look for cardboard for replacement.

rzadzinski there is a funny GIF i see whenever u post something. where did u get it?

tevezaholic
Veteran Member

my father aint find out yet...im going to tell him at football practice,he is not going to quarrel around all the parents and younger children

btw,ive got the answer to my ques(cut them off)u can go off topic all u want,talk about what ever u want,thanks for the help :D
Oh crap,missed me bus!!

deano7

I think you could be right mate i find that when i train with no ankle guards i never get cramp and then as soon as i wear them in matches after about 10 mins my calves get really tight so im gonna give it a go.. Ill try for a few matches without ankle guards see what happens if i dnt get tight calves then im gonna be a machine! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Never Criticise your own ability.

tevezaholic
Veteran Member

yea,i feel it in the calves too.what made m think it was the ankle quard was that,my training is for hours,i always have a strain after a whil but when i gear down and take off the shin guards, i feel so much relief,im done with ankle guards.i started a topic to find out how can i get cramp in various places,because of my ankle guard.in the end i just cut off the ankle guard
Oh crap,missed me bus!!

Croatianblood1
Veteran Member

Yeah i never wore ankle guards before but I was thinking about wearing them since it hurts when you get kicked in the ankle since there is no protection there. But I do think shin guards are important because I have gotten kicked in the shin before without any shin guards on and it hurts, especially when you get kicked with the toes.