Emotional & Physical Stess

Physical conditioning, injuries, nutrition and everything related to fitness
Alexio1092
Veteran Member

Emotional & Physical Stess

Post by Alexio1092 » 20 Jan 2008, 06:37

My body's completely succumbed to osgoods atm, along with inflammation of the kneecaps and a torn hamstring. I've been going through physio for over a year for my osgoods and I still have 12-16 months left in my growth plates which can only paint a derelict picture for my near-future in football and phsyical actvitiy for me.

This is extremely depressing and it's really getting me down, I also just got my tonsils out which is causing me immense pain, and one of the tonsils has possibly become minorly infected, so I'm back to hospital in a week's time.

After returning to football no more than 2 months ago, when my osgoods had supposedly cleared, it flared back up again, and I tore my hamstring. Is this god's idea of a joke? I've been through a continous harrowing run of injuries and conditions through the last 2-3 years, ever since I really committed myself to football..and I'm on the verge of breaking.

It's absolutely ridiculous that my body succumbs to illness and injury and every possible turn, and even if you cannot "be" depressed if you are physically active, this is getting me extremely down. I just can't describe it.

Who else has been through something like this? I mean I just can't see the light at the end of the tunnel because they refuse to operate on my knees (inflamed and torn tissue behind the kneecap) until at-least April-May, and my osgoods is meant to keep going for another 12-16 months at-least.

This was meant to be the penultimate year for my career to really soar, trialling for NBN State League (Azurri FC & Singleton Strikers), and god, or even my own body, laughs at my hopes & dreams at every corner.

Having recovered from deep-vein thrombosis twice and septicimea, along with twisting my right knee twice, you would think things would start to look up, wouldn't you? Wrong, it's an uphill battle that I'm losing consistently, and I've just run out of will-power to fight it, the turning point being attending a high-level football camp that ran for 8 days, and being sidelined with osgoods once again.

I've just lost the willpower to fight my body which is seemingly caving in on itself, it's fu**ing ridiculous that I've been teased by god so many times (winning a spot in the Bill Turner team after recovering from DVT, only to sprain my ankle in the pre-match warm-up), and screwed over by failed conditions, broken limbs, and a recurring bout of osgoods.

Sure this might all be over in 12-16 months, but by then the window would of imminently closed for me to branch my football career out to higher levels. My knees aren't just broken, per-say, they can't even diagnose the problem because they don't even know what it is, hence the possible operation to "clean-out & scope-out" my kneecaps mid-year.

I'm on the verge of breaking point, emotionally & physically (if I haven't already, I'm using a walking stick to get around). I've already broken down once before with my twisted knee, ending my football season 7 rounds early (we only have 14 at club-level here), and it cost me friends and family..and an irritating/overly-protective gf (thank-gosh).

Any words of wisdom or words of empathy would help, I just want to know who's suffered osgoods etc before, and if there really is a light to this seemingly endless tunnel of suffering & turmoil. :?

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 20 Jan 2008, 06:59

Hey dawg im so sorry to hear that, man but you cant loose hope, you gotta be positive i know its hard but damn after your though this life will be a peace of a cake, man im the opposite of you I practice 4 hours everyday whih leaves me with not much time to see my friends, my point is if life gives you lemons make lemonade, you cant work at footbll right now but make lemonae, see your friends get a bitch, part hard and do anything you wanna besides soccer, you goottta have other interests, do it now, cause in 16 months youll be playing so much soccer its not gonna be funy, work on other skills in life, you can also practice a lot your heading skills, work with what you can, also visualize, and work with your mind, pratice with your ind ive heard its even better, and when your good to go, stop thinking: DAMN I HOE I DONT GET INJURED ANYMORE... think YES I CAN PLAY I AM FAKING HAPPY....... because i believe that you become what you think about... if youre thinking damn i gope i dont get injured, your actually thinking about getting injured mate :wink: .............. so my friend i hope you become the happiest soonnamabitch in the world and i love you

Had2bHarry
Veteran Member

Post by Had2bHarry » 20 Jan 2008, 07:09

dude, i agree with you that is completely f**ked up. i can only imagine how you must feel.
but í will give you some words of comfort. im %90 sure the window of opportunity hasn't closed for you as long as you keep lovin the game. sure you might miss some oportunities but it doesnt mean that anyones giving up on u. beleive it or not, but theres more opportunities in australia than most people think and you most likely still have a shot. yeah like panchester said, keep your head up and enjoy what u can.
good luck man, hope this helps
Sig by me

EnSoUl
Veteran Member

Post by EnSoUl » 20 Jan 2008, 09:10

dude! thats alot of injuries it makes me feel lucky that I haven't been injured that many times. But don't feel bad about it just visualize yourself getting better and feeling good it all helps. And inteperet this time as a long break and do the other things in life that make you happy, just try and stay positive and watch, picture in your head as much soccer as you can in an attempt to stay in touch with the game.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime - Chinese Proverb

Rulezzz
Veteran Member

Post by Rulezzz » 20 Jan 2008, 11:23

This is a hard situation for you man, i definately understand how you feel, but the only way to leave life is to be optimistic not pessimistic, many footballers have come through harder times than you are right now and have gone on to have successful careers. Just do what you think is right and keep believing and you should be ok.

As hard as it is to say, you cant take this out on your friends and family, because they are the people who can help you most at this team. The bottom line is man, I know you feel you may have missed a big chance to go on to a higher level, but you are still so young and there are still so many ways to get into a high level of football when you are young. I know its depressing but youve gotta keep going and believing.
CRYSTAL PALACE FC
keller8
"If you don't believe in yourself why should anyone else?" Andrei Shevchencko.

ScottyBoy
Veteran Member

Post by ScottyBoy » 20 Jan 2008, 11:45

hope you can play again. all i can say is stay positive and that is is even more important for you to eat healthily. it will help your rehab and will will help you when you start playing again to regain fitness alot faster

Wanderer
Veteran Member

Post by Wanderer » 20 Jan 2008, 16:31

If it's any consolation, Gerrard and Ronaldo(the real one) went tru the exact same thing in their teens.

You have to fight for what you want tho'.

Beadling19
Sophomore Member

Post by Beadling19 » 20 Jan 2008, 21:50

Hey man i really feel for you. I have had osgood for about 2 years and it is a huge pain in the ass! I have also slightly pulled my MCL and that really hurt and all i can say is that you just gotta pell through it all man. Just keep on thinking that what doesnt kill you will make you stronger. You have your family there to support you through it and im sure they will so just hang in there man.

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 20 Jan 2008, 23:04

And practie with your mind, its as good or even better, imagine yourself dribbling controlling shooting and everything over and over again, i promise its as good or better than practicing with your body, scientifically prooved.....

Alexio1092
Veteran Member

Post by Alexio1092 » 21 Jan 2008, 07:23

I can't say anything much besides thank-you so much for this, Steven Gerrard's my idol in a way (besides the god-awful boots :wink:), so if that's really true that helps a great deal..as for Ronaldo though..hehe :wink:

Thanks a bunch..I know I just have to push through it, but I know how bad it's going to get..which is depressing. Anyway I need my sleep...I can't eat sleep or drink..

rzadzinski
Poland Spring Rzadzinski

Post by rzadzinski » 22 Jan 2008, 06:05

I think he meant Ronaldo the R9 Brasilian one. :wink:

That's a terrible amount of injuries, and it's really unfortunate. It must be tough but stay strong and don't rush comebacks either. I have a teammate with osgoods and a whole bunch of knee difficulties (they are contemplating replacing his knee caps which would end his career forever in sports). So I know it can be tough, but osgoods should go away, and at least there isn't anything career ending right now. So just look forward to recovery.
"I wear tinted visor not to trick other players, but so hot girls in stands don't see me looking at them."

-Alexander Ovechkin

Alexio1092
Veteran Member

Post by Alexio1092 » 22 Jan 2008, 06:13

Cheers mate, yeah they can't replace my kneecaps/total recon atm because they're too "inflamed & sensitive"..

Yeah I rushed recovery last-time I went through this, as much as I'm going bonkers watching EPL/A-League I'm just biding my time, waiting for the day to get picked up for the Socceroos.. :P

Cheers again for all the words of wisdom & advice...my throat's getting better (I think..I've had 2 milkshakes in 2 days..and nothing else..=P)..so yeah, just keep thinking football, keep thinking recovery, keep thinking positive...yeah :)

r10_sid

Post by r10_sid » 03 Feb 2008, 20:51

[quote="Had2bHarry"]yeah like panchester said, keep your head up and enjoy what u can.

i beleive tupac said keep your head up, but whatever. Keep your hopes and dreams alive, NEVER GIVE UP, you WILL get through this ruff time, it actually happens to everyone.
Hope you get well soon.