How much minutes can you run without stopping?

Physical conditioning, injuries, nutrition and everything related to fitness
Magicfeet

jdefoe wrote:actually, when training soccer fitness, you shouldn't be running miles, you're trying to improve your performance on the pitch, not become a marathon runner. Try interval training, there's some info on it here in the forums. Back to my point, how often in games do you just go "jog", for instance, say if you're a striker, you're sprinting 30% of the time, slow walking 50% and jogging 20% depending on your role...
Good post Jdefoe. Whilst having good cardio is useful to any footballer, simply running for miles and miles isn't as effective training for football as some think. Try jogging for 45 minutes, then try very light jogging interspersed with sprints for 45 minutes - I'm pretty sure it's te latter that will tire you the most!

As said, interval training is gret. By all maens, long runs are good for you, and will help: But use them as a supplement to other, more intense bits of interval training.

deano7

My school teacher says that proffesionals spend 10% walking in a game, 60 jogging and 30% sprinting.

And also he said that in a match they tested David beckham and he made 1,120 10 yard sprints, and 10% of them were running backwards.

So would even be a good idea practicing running backwards, then sprinting forwards.
Never Criticise your own ability.

romania_soccer

From the Soccer Fitness SAQ Program Book by Alan Pearson:

walking/standing (4km/h) 28%
jogging (8km/h) 26%
running - low speed (12km/h) 21%
running - moderate (16km/h) 12%
running - high (21km/h) 6%
running - sprint (30km/h) 3%
running - backwards 2%

That's an average of all the players on the field, of course, a forward will sprint more than a midfielder, but the midfielder will cover a much greater distance.
Immediately start dealing with it.

barcafan

i am 13 and i can jog for 12 minutes thats my best my usual is 10.

BuzzingBee
Veteran Member

well i have long legs,so cross country has served me well,and track but yeah cardio,HITT are great for speed and loosing weight.
Practice and drive are all you need, You will become good, if not great, and then, if you wish to go further, the opportunities will come to you - Rome_Leader

BuzzingBee's at it again

AmericanFutballer
Veteran Member

When I do interval training I try and do 45min no stop. Normally I have to stop around 2 or 3 times because I try really hard and I really sprint. But I figured if you do interval training for 45min it should get your body accustomed to running in a one half of a soccer game. Your body should be able to recover in that 15min halftime break anyways. Also try just running with a ball to get used to not having a sharp touch when you get tired.
Shut Up, I am Here...
- Goals
"The ability to succeed requires the realization of what one wants and the passionate desire to attain it."

INTER1908
Veteran Member

+/- 1000 minutes.
Made by 2Brown.

MANUMAN30

BuzzingBee wrote:well i have long legs,so cross country has served me well,and track but yeah cardio,HITT are great for speed and loosing weight.
totally true. Track and cross country are great ways to get yourself in shape. Freshman year my mile time dropped from 6:10 at the beginning to 5:01 at the end. Very helpful if you join both teams. You might get tired and not perform well at evening soccer practices, so just talk to the coach to see if you could skip some practices here and there.
Glory Glory Man Utd!

JaneHamson
New User

you cant just tell judge by the time,. it all depends on the fitness. also when it comes to foot ballers every thing differ one another.
Rowing machine for better workout. Vibration plate helps to improve fitness.

foodsample

Earlier this year when I was in shape from xcountry, I did 5K in 19minutes. And would do 50 to 60 minute on the weekends to take a break from interval training. I´d say I did about 5-6 miles in those longer runs. I suppose it IS possible I could go longer if I set myself to it, but I´d rather run every day less, than risk injury or burning out pressing my limit.

When I was at my peak during the xcountry season, I would get weared down quickly during games because I lacked interval training. I´d say doing 45 minute run one day, then 45 interval training the next, off and on 6 days a week, with 1 day of rest would be the optimal starting point in an endurance routine for soccer.

klc123
Veteran Member

When i was 14 i done a 6 Mile run on the beach in donegal in 30-35 minutes.
I thought that was brilliant seeing as its much harder to run in sand than in normal, its also unbelievably windy on the beach. That was a run at a quite high tempo and i still think i could have gone on for much longer.

I hope to do marathons for fun when im older.

Running very long distance is more mind power than fitness, although fitness helps obviously lol.

Soccer4Life
Guide Goddess

klc123 wrote:When i was 14 i done a 6 Mile run on the beach in donegal in 30-35 minutes.
I thought that was brilliant seeing as its much harder to run in sand than in normal, its also unbelievably windy on the beach. That was a run at a quite high tempo and i still think i could have gone on for much longer.

I hope to do marathons for fun when im older.

Running very long distance is more mind power than fitness, although fitness helps obviously lol.
That is extremely impressive to be able to do six consecutive miles at a 5-minute per mile pace in the wind and sand. I personally enjoy long runs, but I don't know how much they actually help with soccer. I just like the meditation and relaxation I get from a 4-5 mile run, more if time allows. I do it about once a week, not for time or speed really but for recovery and enjoyment.

klc123
Veteran Member

Thanks, ive always done long runs since i was very little so i guess practise does improve a bit lol.

Icy
Veteran Member

To be honest Klc the time for that seems unreal for a 14 year old and all the weather\ground conditions you spoke of. Was this an actual event with the distance measured, or just a guess at how far it was?

Also, S4L I love long distance runs for active recovery too! Only throw them in for my fitness routine every once in a while though.
"Somewhere along the line, we seem to have confused comfort with happiness"

klc123
Veteran Member

The beach is most definitely 6 miles long because it was visited by evaluators from the EU comitee a few years back to rate its standing in the best beachs in europe (it got a very good score if your interested, one of the best in europe, pity it doesn't have the weather). And their evulation said it was that long, the timining of it was not dead accurate but im fairly certain it was around the 35 minute mark. Granted the wind does make it harder when your running into it, but the wind also makes it easier when its going in the opposite direction so it may work out even and running on wet sand is harder than running on solid surface, but not has hard as soft sand which is nearly impossible.

Maybe my watch is just miles off, even if it was closer to the 40 minute mark, thats still an impressive feat in my opinion for me been only 14 years old.