Is this 800m time good?

Physical conditioning, injuries, nutrition and everything related to fitness
zizou
Junior Member
Posts: 64
Joined: 12 Feb 2007, 15:09

Post by zizou » 03 Dec 2007, 17:15

today i got to time my eight year old brother to do 800m, and you wont believe this, but he got 3:40 mins. :o . His birthday was four months ago, and yea i know he's really fit for his age. How good is that?

ZZizou
Veteran Member
Posts: 302
Joined: 18 May 2007, 21:47

Post by ZZizou » 03 Dec 2007, 18:59

World record for men is 1:41.11 and for women 1:53.28. :roll:
And that are profesionnals(adults).
I will try ones and tell you what I get.

ScottyBoy
Veteran Member
Posts: 1692
Joined: 05 Aug 2007, 15:39

Post by ScottyBoy » 03 Dec 2007, 19:58

im only 5 seconds off being faster than every woman on the planet over this distance

i think ive found one more personal goal for my life :wink:

ZZizou
Veteran Member
Posts: 302
Joined: 18 May 2007, 21:47

Post by ZZizou » 03 Dec 2007, 20:10

ScottyBoy wrote:im only 5 seconds off being faster than every woman on the planet over this distance

i think ive found one more personal goal for my life :wink:
How old are you and for which team do you play?

rzadzinski
Poland Spring Rzadzinski
Posts: 6203
Joined: 17 Jan 2007, 04:23
Location: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Post by rzadzinski » 04 Dec 2007, 01:37

He plays for the Rangers youth academy.
"I wear tinted visor not to trick other players, but so hot girls in stands don't see me looking at them."

-Alexander Ovechkin

ZZizou
Veteran Member
Posts: 302
Joined: 18 May 2007, 21:47

Post by ZZizou » 04 Dec 2007, 12:47

rzadzinski wrote:He plays for the Rangers youth academy.
OK sorry then it could be possible.

Icy
Veteran Member
Posts: 813
Joined: 30 Sep 2006, 19:47

Post by Icy » 04 Dec 2007, 13:30

ZZizou wrote:
rzadzinski wrote:He plays for the Rangers youth academy.
OK sorry then it could be possible.
Why does playing for a youth academy team qualify him for being able to do something? Granted I don't mean to start an arguement or anything but there are plenty of people that are very fit but lack the skills in football to progress to higher levels.
"Somewhere along the line, we seem to have confused comfort with happiness"

ZZizou
Veteran Member
Posts: 302
Joined: 18 May 2007, 21:47

Post by ZZizou » 04 Dec 2007, 14:39

Icy wrote:
ZZizou wrote:
rzadzinski wrote:He plays for the Rangers youth academy.
OK sorry then it could be possible.
Why does playing for a youth academy team qualify him for being able to do something? Granted I don't mean to start an arguement or anything but there are plenty of people that are very fit but lack the skills in football to progress to higher levels.
Look if you play for the Rangers youth academy you must be very fit,very physical and eventually very skilled without those things you can't play at the top.You could have the skills of a Zidane or a Ronaldinho and not being able to run the whole game you won't make it sorry.Why do you think that street soccer players don't make it to the pros.

Icy
Veteran Member
Posts: 813
Joined: 30 Sep 2006, 19:47

Post by Icy » 04 Dec 2007, 20:27

ZZizou wrote:
Icy wrote:
ZZizou wrote: OK sorry then it could be possible.
Why does playing for a youth academy team qualify him for being able to do something? Granted I don't mean to start an arguement or anything but there are plenty of people that are very fit but lack the skills in football to progress to higher levels.
Look if you play for the Rangers youth academy you must be very fit,very physical and eventually very skilled without those things you can't play at the top.You could have the skills of a Zidane or a Ronaldinho and not being able to run the whole game you won't make it sorry.Why do you think that street soccer players don't make it to the pros.
I see where you're coming from and I shouldn't have stated the youth academy part. I suppose what I was really trying to get at is why bother doubting people just because they don't play at the highest level. Granted there are difficult things but why would someone bother lying on the internet. Even if you do believe they can do something but they really can't it doesn't effect your life.

Oh well, we don't need to ruin the topic so if you have a reply I will just start PMing you.
"Somewhere along the line, we seem to have confused comfort with happiness"

ZZizou
Veteran Member
Posts: 302
Joined: 18 May 2007, 21:47

Post by ZZizou » 05 Dec 2007, 13:14

I want to know some good times of good players so I could have a goal to reach,now I know I have to run a much better time if I want to be able to run a whole game like the 5 first minutes.

ScottyBoy
Veteran Member
Posts: 1692
Joined: 05 Aug 2007, 15:39

Post by ScottyBoy » 08 Dec 2007, 02:13

ZZizou wrote:I want to know some good times of good players so I could have a goal to reach,now I know I have to run a much better time if I want to be able to run a whole game like the 5 first minutes.

what are you on about

you could be the olympic gold medalist over 800m and not even be able to finnish a marathon

if you improve and reach your goal over 800m it doesnt automaticaly men you can sustain that pace for 90 minutes

if you want to last 90 minutes train accordingly not 800m which you might cover in the first 3-5 minutes

ZZizou
Veteran Member
Posts: 302
Joined: 18 May 2007, 21:47

Post by ZZizou » 08 Dec 2007, 14:55

ScottyBoy wrote:
ZZizou wrote:I want to know some good times of good players so I could have a goal to reach,now I know I have to run a much better time if I want to be able to run a whole game like the 5 first minutes.

what are you on about

you could be the olympic gold medalist over 800m and not even be able to finnish a marathon

if you improve and reach your goal over 800m it doesnt automaticaly men you can sustain that pace for 90 minutes

if you want to last 90 minutes train accordingly not 800m which you might cover in the first 3-5 minutes
No but I train over 5km,I think that enough if I could get a good time there,but I do also interval training.And I don't think you could do a good time over 800m if you are not in good shape(pace).

Icy
Veteran Member
Posts: 813
Joined: 30 Sep 2006, 19:47

Post by Icy » 08 Dec 2007, 15:15

ScottyBoy wrote:
ZZizou wrote:I want to know some good times of good players so I could have a goal to reach,now I know I have to run a much better time if I want to be able to run a whole game like the 5 first minutes.

what are you on about

you could be the olympic gold medalist over 800m and not even be able to finnish a marathon

if you improve and reach your goal over 800m it doesnt automaticaly men you can sustain that pace for 90 minutes

if you want to last 90 minutes train accordingly not 800m which you might cover in the first 3-5 minutes
That's not true. While I agree just by achieveing a goal time for the 800m doesn't mean he will be able to play for 90 minutes (which I know he doesn't think) it will still improve his play dramatically.

Just because he uses the 800m for a distance in his training doesn't mean that once he covers 800m in a game he will be tired (so you make it sound). He will be running the 800m at a much faster pace than he would in a game so it not really the same thing.

Also your comparison of an 800m gold medalist and finishing a marathon is kind of ridiculous. Just because the distance they are training for isn't a 26.2 mile run doesn't mean they can't do a marathon. Obviously they wouldn't win in but I wouldn't put it past them. Heck, a lot of marathoners don't even run a marathon in their training, does that mean they can't do it?

When training for fitness you don't have to only train for the duration of the event. Heck, I will honestly say I have never gone out and just ran for 90 minutes straight because truthfully it wouldn't help.
"Somewhere along the line, we seem to have confused comfort with happiness"

Post Reply