Nike Zoom Training Program

Physical conditioning, injuries, nutrition and everything related to fitness
Shifty_FSU
Veteran Member

Nike Zoom Training Program

Post by Shifty_FSU » 14 Nov 2007, 09:51

i was browsing the nike soccer website and found this nike zoom training program which is meant to get you quicker.

Any one tried it ? Does it work?

http://inside.nikesoccer.com/zoom/

Oh and does any one know what i could use to replace a 'medicine ball'?
Fight for the name on the front, n they'll remember the name on the back.

http://pitch.co/entry/46412
^Vote please? :)

Evan
Veteran Member

Post by Evan » 14 Nov 2007, 12:54

It looks pretty cool; I might try it...gotta get a med ball first... :x
On a different note everyone's pretty good with women when it comes to hookers... well except the sham-wow guy.

unknown

Post by unknown » 14 Nov 2007, 14:47

he mentions replacing the medicine ball with either "jug of milk or dumbbell" u can pretty do every medicine ball exercise other then the "quick slam" with those replacements

edit* o and u cant do the foot toss either rly

Anton
Sophomore Member

Post by Anton » 15 Nov 2007, 07:10

jug of milk or dumbbell
quick slam
Can you be more specific what are these things.I know what is dumbbell,but is this jug of milk : http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:N1W ... 51517f.jpg
?
And what is that exercise quick slam?

I'm starting the program from today,I will tell you what happened in the end

Shifty_FSU
Veteran Member

Post by Shifty_FSU » 15 Nov 2007, 16:59

im starting today aswell, will try my hardest to stick with it as im forgetful, lol

Hey Anton, keep informed with how its going. 8)
Fight for the name on the front, n they'll remember the name on the back.

http://pitch.co/entry/46412
^Vote please? :)

Anton
Sophomore Member

Post by Anton » 18 Nov 2007, 09:44

I will for sure but I'll have to get a med ball first.My physical education teacher told me that he will give me one of the balls from school which aren't used anymore,I'll check today because from day 2 I'll need that ball.I can tell you how can you make one(I haven't tried it and I'm not sure it will be a good ball,but it's worth than giving 40-50$ for Nike med ball)-Fill one bag with sand or anything else,sand is good because it isn't hard,then put this bag in thick leather and sew the leather.This shall work.Have a nice day and good luck to those who try the program

tomsta911

Post by tomsta911 » 18 Nov 2007, 09:46

i really wanna do it but. i dont have any med balls, or dont really know wer to get them and cant really afford them lol.
(::)Maestro Tomsta (::)

unknown

Post by unknown » 18 Nov 2007, 09:55

yea that is the jug of milk. basically anything thats heavy but can be held easily the jug of milk does the trick cause it has a handle. the exercises themselves are explained in the videos so if ure gonna do them u really dont need me to explain them but here u go anyway:
quick slam: is where u jump into the air and slam the medicine ball into the ground letting it bounce up where u catch it again
foot toss: is where u place the medicine ball between ure feet and jumping up toss the ball forward (to a recipient).
if u still dont understand the excersises watch the video's u come across the excersises within the first 3 days

edit* o the bag of sand alternative u gave is good however its no better than any of the other mentioned alternatives since u still cant do the aforementioned excersises. IMO its not worth buying a medicine ball since ure only losing out on two excersises which can be replaced with excersises just as efficient.

tomsta911

Post by tomsta911 » 18 Nov 2007, 10:00

yeh i might go looking for one soon lol are they expensive?
(::)Maestro Tomsta (::)

Icy
Veteran Member

Post by Icy » 18 Nov 2007, 12:25

You could always make one that is much cheaper than what they are sold for. Here is a link:

http://www.leanandhungryfitness.com/con ... t_id.23449

Also I hope for those of you testing it you have recorded your current times for things like a 40m sprint so you can have some sort of reference. If not you may feel faster but not be any faster.
"Somewhere along the line, we seem to have confused comfort with happiness"

Anton
Sophomore Member

Post by Anton » 18 Nov 2007, 13:52

unknown,are you from the people who made the program?If you are please tell some tests in which people will have improvement like 30m,50m,60m,or anything else so people will know which results they will have to compare.And one more - after the program what should you do?Is it good to turn again the same program over and over just with more loading

Icy
Veteran Member

Post by Icy » 18 Nov 2007, 14:22

If you are please tell some tests in which people will have improvement like 30m,50m,60m,or anything else so people will know which results they will have to compare.
This question has only accurate results to the ones that have tried it and gotten their own results. Everyone is different there is no one sure fire way to get something done. There are many ways that work and each person needs to find out on their own. So if you want to find out if it'll help you you'll need to do it. Heck it's only a month long program anyways so it's not like it'll ruin your training.

And one more - after the program what should you do?
After the program you should create your own program by reading up on speed training and such. As I stated there is no one sure fire way to get the job done. Take what you feel worked for you in the program and use it in your own.
Is it good to turn again the same program over and over just with more loading

Well, when training for speed "more" isn't necesarrily better. Either way you'll need to add variety because our bodies are very good at adapting to it's current stimuluses. By narrowing your choice of exercises to certain things you could be completely neglecting entire muscles you never knew you had.[/quote]
"Somewhere along the line, we seem to have confused comfort with happiness"

Davidson9
Veteran Member

Post by Davidson9 » 18 Nov 2007, 15:08

it is a pretty good program, it helps a bit, but not alot

c_ronaldo7
Sophomore Member

Post by c_ronaldo7 » 16 Jan 2008, 00:11

i think it will help overall a little bit

nzfootball

Post by nzfootball » 16 Jan 2008, 00:25

The website takes forever to load everything. i wish there was a site with the same info and demonstrations with lesser quality