omg very annoying

Physical conditioning, injuries, nutrition and everything related to fitness
Soccerfury

omg very annoying

Post by Soccerfury » 18 Oct 2007, 20:22

Ok, what warmups/stretches do you guys recommend before doing freestyling? Because i did everything.... i stretched, warmed up, and everything was fine like every other day. But then when i did an atw twice in a row something happened. Its been a week now and everytime i try to do 1 atw the part of my thigh (beside groin area) hurts like HELL!

P.Nedved

Post by P.Nedved » 18 Oct 2007, 20:33

im not a 100% sure, but i think thats the hip flexor(correct me if im wrong).
just try and stretch it out.

Soccerfury

Post by Soccerfury » 19 Oct 2007, 02:41

Haha damn, yep you're right. Thats what it exactly is.

Thanks, I'll get some stretches for it now.

ajc
The Philly Flyer

Post by ajc » 19 Oct 2007, 02:59

That happened to me before too. This isn't a short term fix, but to avoid this problem you should do exercises to strengthen your hips. Resistance bands for your ankles can work wonders.
Click it

Enok
New User

Post by Enok » 19 Oct 2007, 09:02

Sounds like a bad strain.... I would give it another 3-4 days of rest then start to ease in with LIGHT training.

After this I would strengthen the area to stop it happening again. AJC's suggestion is great; if you can't be bothered to get resistance bands, you can simply do this simple exercise:

1) Lift your leg up to that it is parallel to the ground. It should be bent at the knee, with the heel pointing towards the ground (like this) -
_
|

_ = thigh
| = leg

2) Simply use both you hands and press down on your knee. At the same time drive your knee into your hand (push upwards with your knee). Try and keep you knee parallel with the ground; if you can't, then you are pushing too hard.

3) Hold for 6 seconds then repeat on the other leg

^^Repeat that 3 times a day. After a month do it 4x a day and after another month do it 5x per day (you don't need to do it more than 5x a day)

Also, make sure you stretch your hip flexors regularly, as suggested earlier. I would stretch it 4-5x15seconds per day.

Soccerfury

Post by Soccerfury » 21 Oct 2007, 15:42

Thanks Enok, will do.