Osgood schlatter disease

Physical conditioning, injuries, nutrition and everything related to fitness
Jatt
New User

Hi guys my knees hurt when i play. im 15. i also have a bump below my left kneecap. it hurts so much. i fund on this website that a bottle of Oscon can cure it. It is only found on internet. Its not very famous either.

check out the site first

http://www.osgood-schlatter.com/product.html

do you guys think this a fraud or it is actually helpful? bceause other than this there is no other cure :(

Kakasgotskillz
Veteran Member

Ohh I made a topic on that earlier.
viewtopic.php?t=10231

I know resting it for 6 weeks sounds crazy, so just rest it for 2-3 day intervals and do light activity inbetween. Don't go fullout when you're shooting, or jumping, or running, or you'll feel it again.

Kakasgotskillz
Veteran Member

Ohh wait... I didn't answer your question did I?

You don't have to trust these products, colds heal over time, so will injuries. Just give yourself a bit of patience and feel a bit lazy so you'll get through this quickly. Btw, I think Osgood Schlatters is recurring (since I feel it every now and then)

Darksp00n

Copied from my post in the other thread:

"I had osgood schlatter too with 14 or 15. It hurt so much i remember. I tell you now how i went through this hard time as an ambitious footballer.
So it was just in a normal training, suddenly my knee started to hurt. I didnt really care but after the training it hurt even more. One or two days rest and it was just like away.. but then running again... still there... after 4 weeks i went to a doctor. He gave me a thing to put around my knee , it wasnt big and had a silicon pad. It didnt help me with the pain but when somebody accidently hits the knee it helps a bit. After 4 weeks rest still not better. The doctor said i should stop playing football till its away. I waited 9 months!!! It was still there and i couldnt run because my doc said it could make it even worse so that i can never play football again. So i changed doc. I went to a doc which is the teamdoctor of a team which is now in the "1. Bundesliga" in Germany. He told me: "keep going, play as much as you can. put ice on it after the training and play how much you want, nothing can be broken. Then he said in 2 months it will be good. At first i didnt think so because i already rested 9 months without playing football. Then 2 months of training not that hard (my trainer respected the injury) it went away OH MY GOD I WAS SO DAMN HAPPY you cant imagine.
So my advice to you: Keep on playing as long as you can with your pain .its an injury which the body has to "correct" and not you.
Dont give up
And btw maybe its gone in 1 or 2 months i dont want to scare you. I think me was an exception. "
There is no other cure! The only thing you can do is stay strong and dont give up, like I did for 9 months!
If you have questions ask me.

ajc
The Philly Flyer

Osgood Schlatters is something that will never totally leave you. I know this because I need to get reconstructive surgery to repair a torn ACL and when the doctor looked at my MRI to determine if he could use a piece of my Patella tendon for the graft there was a piece of bone lodged in the tendon. That is what Osgood Schlatters causes, and why you get a bump under your knee cap. However, I haven't felt pain there for years. I think there are simply times when it will be painful and times when you won't notice it. Icing may make it feel better but I don't know if it actually does anything worthwhile to improve it over a length of time. Hopefully you are just going through a difficult patch right now and soon you will get through it and won't feel so much pain anymore. I agree with Darksp00n, you ought to do your best to deal with the pain and get through it.

barcahooligan
Veteran Member

I hope this isnt hurting your game too much , because i have a friend that was trying out for one of the best premier clubs around and he was in so much pain that he couldnt go to the rest of the tryouts. Just put ice on your knees and taking a painkiller helped me out, so i hope you get better. :D
sig by 2brown347

Jatt
New User

waht about Oscon thing guys? shud i try it?

Darksp00n

ajc wrote:Osgood Schlatters is something that will never totally leave you
Yes it does! Now one year later I habe absolutely no pain anymore!

And @ Jatt you dont know how many things I tried when i had the injury and nothing helped.

ajc
The Philly Flyer

The pain leaves but the chunk of bone in your patella tendon doesn't.

Darksp00n

Yes you are right the chunk of bone is still there

ScottyBoy
Veteran Member

is it not a form of arthritis

Ballack13
Veteran Member

yeah i got this disease, it doesn't really bother me because i don't have it severely, just at times, like after a game. :?

MSILancer7
Veteran Member

i would say to do some research on this oscon and make sure that it is FDA approved or some other big drug company has approved it because they could be just cheating u out of ur money.

n_z0
New User

um you might really want to check that site out more...
cause normally only sites with publicity really work like proactice,ebay,soccer.com,etc.

nicolausoccer123
Sophomore Member

hey bro im 13 and i have it on both knees but my right knee got better but the bump is like a golf ball but i still got it on my left, but its slowly healing and i ice alot, ice helps alot and i tape it before i play which helps alot. so try tape dude.