No votes

Total votes: 26

ballackfan
Veteran Member

What's your body type?

Post by ballackfan » 06 Oct 2007, 19:16

If you knew tell us, or unsure or don't know go here for a test;
http://bodybuilding.com/fun/becker3.htm

Or vote, if you want to remain anonymous.

btw, I'm ectomorph, I can't say I'm proud, because I have problem gaining weight, although with various exercises I have been doing, I'm starting to look semi-meso, to say the least.

phatality
New User

Post by phatality » 06 Oct 2007, 19:41

i'm a meso :P

powell
English Meister

Post by powell » 06 Oct 2007, 20:30

Your body is closest to a Mesomorph. You have a naturally fit body but to maintain it or improve it you should exercise and diet correctly for your type. Strength training can be done more often and for longer sessions then would be good for an Ectomorph, but you must still be carefull not to overdo it. You should train with moderate to heavy weighs and at a moderate pace, not resting too long between sets. You will find you gain muscle quite easy (some women and even men might not want to get too bulky, but this won't happen suddenly. When you are happy with your muscle size simply train to maintain it). Stick to a good healthy diet to keep you lean and muscular, and watch for any slow creeping fat gains. Engage in and enjoy aerobic activities, sports, etc. but do not overdo

Francis8
Veteran Member

Post by Francis8 » 06 Oct 2007, 20:33

my body type?

sexy......

meso.
The testicles of a "right whale" weigh 1100 lbs each....... :o

mpcarres14
Veteran Member

Post by mpcarres14 » 07 Oct 2007, 00:41

Endo...

But seriously, like everyone else:
Your body is closest to a Mesomorph. You have a naturally fit body but to maintain it or improve it you should exercise and diet correctly for your type. Strength training can be done more often and for longer sessions then would be good for an Ectomorph, but you must still be carefull not to overdo it. You should train with moderate to heavy weighs and at a moderate pace, not resting too long between sets. You will find you gain muscle quite easy (some women and even men might not want to get too bulky, but this won't happen suddenly. When you are happy with your muscle size simply train to maintain it). Stick to a good healthy diet to keep you lean and muscular, and watch for any slow creeping fat gains. Engage in and enjoy aerobic activities, sports, etc. but do not overdo.

God damn brewery!!!

Kakasgotskillz
Veteran Member

Post by Kakasgotskillz » 07 Oct 2007, 02:45

Your body is between an Ectomorph and a Mesomorph. Choose a middle approach between the follow recommendations.

That's actually quite true :wink:

Ballack13
Veteran Member

Post by Ballack13 » 07 Oct 2007, 03:25

i have a.....mesomorph body shape :D
Only real footballers could fight like this.

keller8
Veteran Member

Post by keller8 » 07 Oct 2007, 03:58

Meso Bro
Mattsta-"There would be no point in freestyle if we knew all the tricks from the start. The fact that we had to practise to get them pays off because in the end we have earnt it."

ballackfan
Veteran Member

Post by ballackfan » 07 Oct 2007, 04:17

Francis8 wrote:my body type?

sexy......

meso.
But, Ronaldo is ectomorph I believed by the looks of his calves. :lol:

Enok
New User

Post by Enok » 07 Oct 2007, 08:07

Heh..... calves don't have much to do with body type... tendon/ligament attachments are genetic.

I'm between meso-endo, for what it's worth.

ballackfan
Veteran Member

Post by ballackfan » 07 Oct 2007, 12:21

Yes, the size of the calves at the pre-training stage has to do with body type, and the progression of increasing in size as well. There's no perfect body type, each has its pros and cons, it's just that ectomorph people are born leaner and grow muscle much harder and will continued biologically until s/he dies. That's why ectomorph people don't become musclar bulk around and have hard time gaining mass, because of their high matabolism. While on the other hand, mesomorph and endomorph people you see them usually have big arms and legs genetically, because they grew muscle very fast, but with problem of having too fat content in their body. Which is why endurance training/ cadiovascular training is the best for them. I will say this important fact, muscle size do not determine strenght, it determine potential that mass gives to gain strenght. A perfect example would be bodybuilder, who has heavy muscular mass, but they're too weak for the muscles in their body. And yes, tendons/ligaments have it shares of work of determining body type, the bigger they are the more mesomorphic and endomorphic.

Each of us are born ecto, meso, or endo has to deal with our weakness, we can not change our genetics, but we can change how we look physically, whether to look more meso or ecto, or possibly endo. Even if we change ourselves physically. We can't change who we're inside(ecto,meso, or endo). In fact a lot of professional atlethes now a day are ectomorph. A perfect example would be Pele, Djibril Cisse, Ronaldinho, Cristiano Ronaldo, Henry, Iniesta, Ze Roberto also many of world class sprinters. For mesomorph(lucky ones) examples would Maradona, Adriano, Kaka, Lampard, Messi, Michal Richards, Ballack, ect. I don't see shame being any of the body type, we just need to work on our body and take care of it.

Rulezzz
Veteran Member

Post by Rulezzz » 07 Oct 2007, 12:48

Mesomorph :)
CRYSTAL PALACE FC
keller8
"If you don't believe in yourself why should anyone else?" Andrei Shevchencko.

*~El Maestro~*
Veteran Member

Post by *~El Maestro~* » 07 Oct 2007, 13:43

I'm in between:
Your body is between an Ectomorph and a Mesomorph. Choose a middle approach between the follow recommendations.

miles_da_striker
New User

Post by miles_da_striker » 07 Oct 2007, 15:16

Mesomorph :) i gotta lose the excess fat tho....

n_z0
New User

Post by n_z0 » 07 Oct 2007, 16:38

mesomorph...
is that good?

:D