5%
70kg
23%
80kg or more
28%

Total votes: 39

Rulezzz
Veteran Member

Ok guys how much can you all bench press at the gym, i can do 60kg at the gym i usually do 15 reps of 60 and about 40 reps of 50, soon hopefully ill be going up to 70 or 80.
CRYSTAL PALACE FC
keller8
"If you don't believe in yourself why should anyone else?" Andrei Shevchencko.

Rocky
Veteran Member

If you can do more than your weigth then you are strong. Like if you weigth
60, and you bench 70-80.
If you can imagine it, you can achieve it; if you can dream it, you can become it.

First say to yourself what you would be, and then do what you have to do.

What the mind of man can concieve and believe, it can achieve.

ballackfan
Veteran Member

Yes, it's not the weight you lift that determine you're strong, it's the weight you're lifting compare to your body. People who are heavy is probably going to lift more, because they have more mass, that isn't necessary true for some though. Just to point that out, because it's not a shame.I don't bench that much anyway, probably because it was never my favorite excercise, although I bench more than I weigh, it show 'strength' to say the least.

mef

Hey Rulez, are you trying to lose weight? Because from the limited weightlifting knowledge that I have you lift less weight with more reps to burn fat and more weight with less reps to gain muscle. I'm just curious because if you aren't trying to lose weight then your workout regiment could probably be improved. Then again I have limited knowledge about weightlifting as I said before, so I could be wrong... :oops:

Rulezzz
Veteran Member

mef wrote:Hey Rulez, are you trying to lose weight? Because from the limited weightlifting knowledge that I have you lift less weight with more reps to burn fat and more weight with less reps to gain muscle. I'm just curious because if you aren't trying to lose weight then your workout regiment could probably be improved. Then again I have limited knowledge about weightlifting as I said before, so I could be wrong... :oops:
yea i know what your trying to say, but ive been injured all summer long, so im trying to improve my stamina to an extent as well. But what it does when you do it that way is it makes you stronger. I only do 10-15 reps of 60 and i do around 30 reps of 50, so what it does is eventually ill be used to lifting 60 and i can go up to 70 or 80.

Also to answer your question no im not trying to lose weight :)

And you guys all make good points :D I weigh about 70kgs.
CRYSTAL PALACE FC
keller8
"If you don't believe in yourself why should anyone else?" Andrei Shevchencko.

Soccer4Life
Guide Goddess

mef wrote:Hey Rulez, are you trying to lose weight? Because from the limited weightlifting knowledge that I have you lift less weight with more reps to burn fat and more weight with less reps to gain muscle. I'm just curious because if you aren't trying to lose weight then your workout regiment could probably be improved. Then again I have limited knowledge about weightlifting as I said before, so I could be wrong... :oops:
Well, I'm not saying that is incorrect, as I don't know a ton about weight lifting and such. However, to lose weight you have to higher your metabolism. One prime way to do this is build muscle. The more muscle you have = the more calories burned throughout the day. While the high rep low weight concept might burn more calories right on the spot, fewer reps and higher weight will keep your metabolism sparked (for lack of a better work) throughout the day, and that's where the true weight loss will come from. In addition to that, you'll need to take in less calories than you burn until you've reached your goal weight, then you need to keep eating the same amount as you burn.

However, this is just some information. This stuff can get really complicated, and you would need to read multiple books, articles, etc. to know exactly how this stuff works. I admitted in the beginning of this post I'm new to this. Right now I experiment a lot and such.

Kakasgotskillz
Veteran Member

Wow, this is a topic to embarass me. I am definitely not telling you guys how much I can bench cuz you guys are gonna laugh :oops:

barcahooligan
Veteran Member

Can someone help me out with these conversions? How much is 1 kg compared to 1 pound(lbs)
sig by 2brown347

ts8000
New User

1 kg = (~) 2.2 lbs

mpcarres14
Veteran Member

The last time I was in the weight room (about three weeks ago) I did an eight count of 155 lb. for three sets. That converted is about 70 kg
God damn brewery!!!

Francis8
Veteran Member

i weigh around 130 and bench 135 for 7 reps...i can post a vid if u want proof lol..somehow i'll sneak a camera into the gym
The testicles of a "right whale" weigh 1100 lbs each....... :o

thrillboy
Veteran Member

how do you translate kg to pounds?
Procrastination is like masterbation, it feels good at first, but in the end youre just f'ing yourself. :lol:

ajc
The Philly Flyer

Need some help here guys, I weigh about 145lbs and last time I benched I did 10 reps of 120lbs before I couldn't get it up again. (I know, I'm weak when it comes to the bench). I want to gain some muscle mass. How much should I bench for how many sets and how many days a week?

Francis8
Veteran Member

take it down to 110 but do 15 reps, then 115 for 12 and 120 for 8. once u get that with ease, tell me. (and besides i told all this a while ago :lol: )

2 times a week but never in the 2 consecutive days. so make it 3 says apart from the last time u did it. also, build ur back, it helps your speed if u run the way i do (which is keeping ur arms at ur sides and tight). do flys, they seems easy but are actually harder than bench, at least for me :lol: . try doing 20 lbs on each arm for 12 reps and then 25 lbs for 10 and 30 for 8. i promise u it'll hurt.

but the number one thing u can do is dips. just keep going unil u can no longer push up.

o and for ur back get on this thing where u sit and put ur legs up two platforms and grab a thingy and pull it back, i don;t know what its called but i guess mpcarres can help me here. :?
The testicles of a "right whale" weigh 1100 lbs each....... :o

ajc
The Philly Flyer

Thanks for that Francis. I'm starting tomorrow morning. :wink: