One of the most difficult things I've had to go through

Physical conditioning, injuries, nutrition and everything related to fitness
shahensha
Veteran Member
Posts: 2528
Joined: 15 Nov 2006, 03:38
Location: Burlington, Ontario, Canada

Post

ajc wrote:Hey everybody, just a little update on what's going on.
ajc wrote: I was in the process of trying out for a club which is ranked third nationally and funded/supported by the USMNT, and would have certainly made it if I had one more good day of tryouts this sunday.
The name of that club is FC Delco, who's U18 team is ranked third in the nation. I thought I wasn't going to get on since I was only able to attend one of the three tryouts, and also because I thought they wouldn't hold a roster spot for me since I'm out of playing until the spring with a torn ACL. But I checked the website today and I'm on the roster, and the coach let me know I can join the team as soon as I'm fit. It's the first piece of good news I've gotten since I was injured and it feels great to know that I'll be returning from my injury to a team fighting for a national championship. This just provided all the motivation I could possibly need to work my ass off during my recovery. I'm fu**ing thrilled to be selected to this team!
Congrats man! As they say in motherland "The fruit of patience is very sweet". Never give up hope and always be patient and good things happen like this. Now recover to your 100% and give them hell! Pull a Ronaldo! I give you best of wishes.

BHSoccer9
Sophomore Member
Posts: 30
Joined: 07 Mar 2007, 03:28

Post

Well done man! As a famous quote put it, "It's ok that we got knocked down, It's how fast we get back up that counts."

Keep up the good work and good luck with College recruitment, that was a crazy time for me. I'm just glad I ended up playing at all, even if it is a D2 school.
BHS Soccer 06-07

17-0-1

STATE CHAMPS!!

1st in the STATE
2nd in the REGION
18th in the NATION

Ballack13
Veteran Member
Posts: 1554
Joined: 31 Mar 2007, 03:10
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia

Post

I'm very sorry to hear about what happened, I've been through the same thing, i fractured my foot a week before Select Team tryouts, and i had to play down a level for a whole year, while all of my other friends played in a higher level. But I am as not as old as you so it wont affect me as much, and its a shame what happened to you. I noticed how much i missed playing when i was out for so long, you really don't know what you have till its gone.

keller8
Veteran Member
Posts: 1716
Joined: 07 Aug 2007, 02:51

Post

Ballack13 wrote:I'm very sorry to hear about what happened, I've been through the same thing, i fractured my foot a week before Select Team tryouts, and i had to play down a level for a whole year, while all of my other friends played in a higher level. But I am as not as old as you so it wont affect me as much, and its a shame what happened to you. I noticed how much i missed playing when i was out for so long, you really don't know what you have till its gone.
I had to play a level down from my mates too. The coach is also my teacher and i misbehave in class a bit so he didn't let me on the team
Mattsta-"There would be no point in freestyle if we knew all the tricks from the start. The fact that we had to practise to get them pays off because in the end we have earnt it."

Ballack13
Veteran Member
Posts: 1554
Joined: 31 Mar 2007, 03:10
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia

Post

keller8 wrote:
Ballack13 wrote:I'm very sorry to hear about what happened, I've been through the same thing, i fractured my foot a week before Select Team tryouts, and i had to play down a level for a whole year, while all of my other friends played in a higher level. But I am as not as old as you so it wont affect me as much, and its a shame what happened to you. I noticed how much i missed playing when i was out for so long, you really don't know what you have till its gone.
I had to play a level down from my mates too. The coach is also my teacher and i misbehave in class a bit so he didn't let me on the team
that sucks haha, i couldnt imagine my teacher as a coach :P

ajc
The Philly Flyer
Posts: 3094
Joined: 29 Apr 2006, 02:08
Location: Delaware, USA

Post

Update: I had surgery yesterday. I am sore like you wouldn't believe but thankfully the operation was completely successful. Right now I can hardly walk at all even with crutches. Hopefully in the next few days my condition will improve. On the bright side I received a few letters from college soccer programs this week, one from a Big East school.

keller8
Veteran Member
Posts: 1716
Joined: 07 Aug 2007, 02:51

Post

Wow!

You seem to be doing better with your injury than without it. LOL! :lol:

Just kidding ajc
Mattsta-"There would be no point in freestyle if we knew all the tricks from the start. The fact that we had to practise to get them pays off because in the end we have earnt it."

zizou
Junior Member
Posts: 64
Joined: 12 Feb 2007, 15:09

Post

I'm so sorry about what happened to you, that must have been really unlucky, if you make it back and go professional, then you deserve to be on an impossible is nothing ad. u deserve to be on one anyway for being picked on the team after one tryout!
Just keep strong and remember that if u make it as pro u can tell everyone about this moment but dont frget to include us EF people! (especially me lol jk) :lol:

soccer11
Admin
Posts: 4870
Joined: 24 Feb 2005, 23:40
Location: Michigan, USA

Post

so ajc, what's the update on your injury now. how are you progressing and how much more are you out?
Image

ajc
The Philly Flyer
Posts: 3094
Joined: 29 Apr 2006, 02:08
Location: Delaware, USA

Post

soccer11 wrote:so ajc, what's the update on your injury now. how are you progressing and how much more are you out?
I just had my 6 week post surgery check up today, and I'm pleased to inform you guys that everything is going very well! The doctor was very impressed with how quickly the strength in my leg is coming back and he says I'm less than two weeks away from jogging. Right now it looks like I'll be getting back into playing with no restrictions in mid-March, which would be 7 months from the injury and just under 5 months from surgery. I'm hoping I can get back sooner though, as we have an academy showcase in Texas in February in which I would love to be able to play. All in all things are progressing well. Thanks for inquiring.

Rulezzz
Veteran Member
Posts: 1754
Joined: 22 Dec 2006, 13:36
Location: Surrey, England , UK

Post

ajc wrote:
soccer11 wrote:so ajc, what's the update on your injury now. how are you progressing and how much more are you out?
I just had my 6 week post surgery check up today, and I'm pleased to inform you guys that everything is going very well! The doctor was very impressed with how quickly the strength in my leg is coming back and he says I'm less than two weeks away from jogging. Right now it looks like I'll be getting back into playing with no restrictions in mid-March, which would be 7 months from the injury and just under 5 months from surgery. I'm hoping I can get back sooner though, as we have an academy showcase in Texas in February in which I would love to be able to play. All in all things are progressing well. Thanks for inquiring.
Thats great to hear it man, i know injuries are a real pain i had a quad strain over the summer so i missed my entire pre-season training, of course yours seems a lot worse but glad to hear you should be back in march :)
Image
CRYSTAL PALACE FC
keller8
"If you don't believe in yourself why should anyone else?" Andrei Shevchencko.

ajc
The Philly Flyer
Posts: 3094
Joined: 29 Apr 2006, 02:08
Location: Delaware, USA

Post

Thanks Rulezzz.

Today at physical therapy for the first time since early September I did an exercise with a soccer ball :shock:
It feels so good to know I'm getting closer and closer to playing.

Icy
Veteran Member
Posts: 813
Joined: 30 Sep 2006, 19:47

Post

ajc wrote: Today at physical therapy for the first time since early September I did an exercise with a soccer ball :shock:
It feels so good to know I'm getting closer and closer to playing.
I know what you mean! I had to get surgery not long ago and I am very close to being able to shoot with a soccer ball. Each new thing you can do feels great. Glad to see you're recovering well.
"Somewhere along the line, we seem to have confused comfort with happiness"

WeGoCat10
New User
Posts: 23
Joined: 07 Aug 2007, 04:08

Post

i know what you mean too like one year ago i tore my acl and today will be my first practice since......im hoping it goes well and i can ease back into full practices and all

jcspeaks
New User
Posts: 8
Joined: 30 Nov 2007, 06:07

Post

Im having my surgery on the 30th. Im pretty excited, id love to be able to run again hah. I also hurt my knee playing for a club here in texas...

Post Reply