One of the most difficult things I've had to go through

Physical conditioning, injuries, nutrition and everything related to fitness
ajc
The Philly Flyer

Post by ajc » 27 Mar 2008, 03:56

Today makes 5 months from the day I had surgery. Tomorrow morning I'm having a reevaluation on my knee to determine if I can start integrating myself into regular team training.

Yesterday I ran on an outdoor track for the first time since August. I timed myself for a mile and got 5:45. Before I was injured I was running at a 5:02 so I'm hoping I can improve my time quickly. Does anyone have any idea of how long it might take me to regain my previous level of fitness?
Click it

Rulezzz
Veteran Member

Post by Rulezzz » 27 Mar 2008, 08:52

ajc wrote:Today makes 5 months from the day I had surgery. Tomorrow morning I'm having a reevaluation on my knee to determine if I can start integrating myself into regular team training.

Yesterday I ran on an outdoor track for the first time since August. I timed myself for a mile and got 5:45. Before I was injured I was running at a 5:02 so I'm hoping I can improve my time quickly. Does anyone have any idea of how long it might take me to regain my previous level of fitness?
well providing you arent still injured, not too long, of course when you just come off an injury you have to take the correct precautions and things like that and you may sustain minor injuries on your way back, which often happens, but i reckon you could regain a high fitness level in 1-2 months. :)

I had a minor hamstring injury recently and its taken me a month and now i feel like im back at my full fitness level again.
CRYSTAL PALACE FC
keller8
"If you don't believe in yourself why should anyone else?" Andrei Shevchencko.

ajc
The Philly Flyer

Post by ajc » 20 May 2008, 05:20

This past weekend I made my first appearance this year for my club. It was just over 8 months since when I was injured. The speed of the game caught me a bit off guard but overall I played alright. We had games Saturday against South Central and Sunday against Oakwood SC (both from Connecticut). We won 2-0 and 5-0 respectively. I came on as a sub with about 20 minutes left in each. It's great to finally be back!!
Click it

ScottyBoy
Veteran Member

Post by ScottyBoy » 20 May 2008, 10:19

talking about colleges, can you not go to a smaller one then switch after a year? say you want to "change courses" or whatever?

People who say something cannot be done are often surprised by others doing it.

ajc
The Philly Flyer

Post by ajc » 20 May 2008, 18:00

You could do that. It's not uncommon for student athletes to change schools after a year. However if you move from one division 1 school to another division 1 school you'll have to sit out a year from varsity athletics. But if you move from a d2 or d3 school to a d1 school then you are permitted to step into the team with no restrictions.
Click it

zcm12

Post by zcm12 » 20 May 2008, 22:16

yeah that really sounds pretty bad to have that in your senior year I had my ACL torn too I had surgery 2 and a half months ago but your pretty lucky I guess to be playing after 5 months because they are always telling me it will be about 6 to 8 months which really stinks cause I hope to try out for FC Portland and try outs are about 2 months away so that will be close to 5 months. So I don't know what my point of all this is but I know a ton of people who have torn their ACLs it's a very common injury.

HE WILL BE BACK I KNOW IT!

Alexio1092
Veteran Member

Post by Alexio1092 » 21 May 2008, 10:03

How the heck do you all keep sane when you're out for 6-8 months, or even over a year? I'm going BALLISTIC and I've only been out for 8 weeks!!

Bloody hell AJC, I feel so good for you making your return to your football. No pain or twinges I hope? :)

nicolausoccer123
Sophomore Member

Post by nicolausoccer123 » 19 Jul 2008, 03:50

woah u play for fc delco? so ur were at the us development academy thing right? did u get to play at the home depot center in los angeles?