Sprained Ankle Question

Physical conditioning, injuries, nutrition and everything related to fitness
WorldCup
New User

Does your ankle get weaker everytime you sprain it or does it go back to its normal strength????

Kakasgotskillz
Veteran Member

I dont know if I have strong bones, but when I sprain my ankle, I can usually go on to play a game 2-3 hours later. I guess if you rest it it should go back to normal, as your muscles, tendons, and joints and whatnot are just repairing themselves, and muscle cells multiply very quickly.

nicodaman
New User

if you can play a game 2 hours later, then you dont have a sprained ankle

ballackfan
Veteran Member

worldcup
Does your ankle get weaker everytime you sprain it..
yes, chances are higher spraining it again than the first time.

barcahooligan
Veteran Member

What really defines an ankle sprain? I hear it all the time but i dont really know what parts of the ankle it involves.
sig by 2brown347

ballackfan
Veteran Member

There is one kind, if you have strained them before then you would know.

nicodaman
New User

it involves the ligaments in your ankle

XstaticX
Veteran Member

An ankle sprain involves one to three of your ligaments that connect your lower leg to your ankles. What happens is that the ligaments are overstretched and the joint becomes a little lose. Sometimes there's pain which means that you probably tore the ligaments at least a little bit. If you hear a pop with it, that means the ligaments got stretched a LOT, enough to pull the bone out of its joint a bit. Icing it correctly and a slow rehab process should heal it well, but if it's even medium severity, the joint will be very weak in the future so you will have to do some ankle strengthening exercises for the first couple of weeks that you get back into training.

ballackfan
Veteran Member

Apparently, you has sprained your ankle before, you know exactly what to do. XstaticX give you the correct answer and way(s) to rehab yourself. Strenghten process is the key to successful post-recovery make sure do them for good result.

zazo
New User

i sprained my ankle last summer in august,right then i didnt even know what
was a sprain,just after swelling i was allright and started to play again.This spring my ankle started to hurt a bit after playing and when summer came i decided to rest and do strengthening exercises.Its 3 months till then and my ankle is more strong but its still feels different than the left one,its like more tense than the other and i cant step normally cause of that "tense".Should i continue to rest and strengthening exercises till it feels normal or what ?

WeGoCat10
New User

if u played a game 2 hours after you "sprained" your ankle you probably just twisted ur ankle......too many poeple say they sprained their ankle after they just twisted it

zazo
New User

bump,anyone?

soccer11
Admin

zazo wrote:bump,anyone?
what do you mean by bump. as in swelling?

ballackfan
Veteran Member

Twisted? Bumps? Look at this picture, this is ankle sprain.

XstaticX
Veteran Member

Yes, that's one way it happens. The way I did mine was rolling on the inside though.