MY RIGHT EYE HAS NEVER HEALED!

Physical conditioning, injuries, nutrition and everything related to fitness
frizzyan
Veteran Member

Alright, I guess you can call me scared-of-ball-hitting-face-phobia but I have a very legitimate reason.

When I was playing in a quarter-final in some stupid tournament, I was chasing down the ball cause the other team's defence looked shaky so I decided to pressurize them as I win easy possession this way. However, the defender tried clearing the ball yet I was only 2 steps away from him, *BOOM*. The next thing I know, my contact lens were all messed up, my right eye become all messed up.

In fact, I could not see anything that is vertically below me, like things on my chest etc (I could see things at a sloped angle but theres this "thing" blocking it). It has not changed to date.

frizzyan
Veteran Member

Oh yeah and by the way I forgot to add,

I have consulted one of the top government-funded eye hopsital doctors but they dont exactly "cure" this thing. I'm almost 100% positive this can be cured because I think it's just that the ligaments in my eye are damaged.

Even now, although I see things normally, when I close my left eye, there's this whole blacked-out area which is blocking my normal vision.

HELP ME I Don't know what to do, and I'm really scared of laser surgery that could result in me being one-eye blinded which'll spell the end of football for me and also it's extremely costly for a laser surgery!

Wiseman_philosopher

omg that sounds awful. u shud scout around and get other opinions from other doctors and see whats available. good luck.
He who thinks too much about every step he takes will stay on one leg all his life.

dooglas
Veteran Member

you can play with one eye, handicaps play soccer, so can anyone really, but the chances of you having a blind eye after are minimal, google it and see what you find as far as statistics go
Wow, he just megged three people, maradonas around the last defender, and missed the shot, then not five minutes later a guy on the other team shoots when he gets the ball and scores...

who would you rather be?

frizzyan
Veteran Member

True True let's just hope that I can do an operation without the risky surgery and there will be no negative consequences like becoming blind.

But who knows...

I'm praying desperately this summer my eye heals!

deano7

Bobby convey is blind in one eye and what a player!!
Never Criticise your own ability.

peps1154
Veteran Member

deano7 wrote:Bobby convey is blind in one eye and what a player!!
Say what? I never knew that. Can I have some more insights.

B Heck

Frizzyan, if you have a detached retina, it is very important that you get this treated. It can become even more detached if you don't.

Legend
New User

How did the ball make contact with your eye? Or is just a hit in the face enough?