Sore quads after training

Physical conditioning, injuries, nutrition and everything related to fitness
EnSoUl
Veteran Member

ok, so before and after I practise I stretch my quads and all my muscles to stop myself getting injured. Today I wsas doing free kicks and long shots for like an hour and a half, after this I streched again. Later this afternoon I took some more free kicks and all the power had gone and I was left with a sore quad, keeping in mind I still streched before and after. My question to you all is that has this ever happened to yu and how did you fix it? I know beckham practised for 6 hours a day and alot of it on free kicks so did this hiappen to him as well?
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime - Chinese Proverb

belija91
Veteran Member

It could be because you have increased your training quickly in a short amount of time. Your legs aren't use to it. Just apply heat and massage them and make sure you stretch that's important. Over time you won't be as sore, I haven't trained in months and yesterday was my first training session back, now my legs feel tight and sore too and all I did was medium-light running.
What the mind of man can conceive and believe, it can achieve