How do you even bloody juggle?!

Talk about soccer freestyle tricks and moves
frizzyan
Veteran Member

How do you even bloody juggle?!

Post by frizzyan » 30 May 2005, 13:38

Alright, I have to admit I'm far better at playing the ball on the pitch then doing keepy-ups, because the most I can do is a dozen. On average 5 juggles I'd be pretty satisfied.

Man, this is absolutely ridiculous.

Somebody teach me how to juggle please. When I kick the ball, the ball flies away after a few kicks and I can't control it properly. Any tips?

I never really bothered trying to learn how to juggle and freestyle because I thought that it's useless for players on the pitch, I mean I know it's good for ball control, but you can improve that with other drills like wallball.

Then, I see more and more pros juggling, and even players who are turning into stars juggling, and even some of my friends juggle even though some of them can never last 90 mins in a proper youth elite game -____-

now that really worries me so I better learn NOW!

WhaZ

Post by WhaZ » 30 May 2005, 13:46

No one can teach you to juggle. Just practice, the usual answer.

frizzyan
Veteran Member

Post by frizzyan » 30 May 2005, 14:16

What do you mean practice?

i don't even know the proper technique.

coop8

Post by coop8 » 30 May 2005, 15:01

hey man chill. I know it's frustrating at first but just practice. Do what your are doing and slowly you will find your self being able to control the ball better and do more juggles. I know you don't want to hear the words practice but thats the only way that you are going to get better. Plus try watching some freestyle vids that are on this site.

frizzyan
Veteran Member

Post by frizzyan » 30 May 2005, 15:24

Hah I'm coo I'm coo.

But the thing is:

I've been practising for a year now. Okay maybe not everyday cause I was working on my on the pitch stuff like passing shooting etc and I've noticed a massive improvement in that. But then in juggling, some old story.

When I start kicking the ball, it flies off. I can't even string a few touches together properly. IT's frustrating I know. But I'm not sure is it I'm doing something wrong.

Should I just keep on practice, and even though at the end of the day I still can't do 7 proper ones, but leave it to the next day and keep on doing it. Will that work? i'm just scared that my technique is wrong, cause I feel like the ball is bouncing off my instep, and I'm not really controlling it even though I'm trying my best to jab it.

coop8

Post by coop8 » 30 May 2005, 15:43

here is a tutorial that will show the right techniquge
http://www.ehow.com/how_5272_juggle-soccer-ball.html

J
Admin

Post by J » 30 May 2005, 16:15

the more you practice, the more you will instinctivly learn proper technique....

WhaZ

Post by WhaZ » 30 May 2005, 17:57

frizzyan wrote:What do you mean practice?

i don't even know the proper technique.
I mean by practice PRACTISING, take your shoes and ball and go to nearest field and practice. I tell you how I learned to juggle. I dont know how old you are, but I am 16 now. So last year about this exact time when I was 15. I could barely juggle 30, like you said the ball just flied away when I tried to juggle. My record was 36, wohoo! I was and still am the captain of my team and I was so embarrassed, cause I just couldnt juggle. Then I just decided I will learn it that summer. I was at field about 5-6 days in a week about 5 hours per day, plus the actual trainings with team and what I did at home, of course I didnt train juggling all the time but sure h*ll of a lot still. So little by little I learned it. Now I can juggle easily thousands and do freestyle tricks.

frizzyan
Veteran Member

Post by frizzyan » 03 Jun 2005, 16:17

Alright so I followed your advice and I have been practising like a dog for the past few days.

Here's my result:

I improved yesterday by one more keepy-up than before I started this few days juggling training. Today I got worse by two keepy-ups than before.

At this kind of rate, I will never be past the 30 keepy-up barrier even if I end up as a dazzling player (but all good players can juggle!). And 100?! Man I admire those who can do for that long!

My left foot is like a dead foot. It cant juggle. My right foot can do on average 5.

Somebody tell me whats wrong? After 2 keepy-ups, for some reason I use my toe and it goes off. Where should the ball hit on my feet? How come I cannot control the ball properly after a few keepy-ups?

Wiseman_philosopher

Post by Wiseman_philosopher » 03 Jun 2005, 17:09

Think of it as simply as you can. What is a kickup? It is when the ball hits your foot and bounces up in the air. So how can you maintain this? Well, each time, you need to allow it to hit a smooth part of your shoe (i assume you're wearing shoes, socks are harder).

Focus very hard on the ball landing on your foot. This sounds obvious, but its crucial. If it lands on the right part of your foot, then its likely to bounce back up and you can keep going. You'll be able to do it if you believe.
He who thinks too much about every step he takes will stay on one leg all his life.

cHaVa
Veteran Member

Post by cHaVa » 03 Jun 2005, 18:02

Wow, i remember when i was in your shoes frizzyan! I used to juggle like no more than 4, 5 juggles. Now i can do like 250 juggles in a row -DEPENDS ON WHAT SHOES I USE- But i am way better juggler than what i used to be. It took me about 5 months to go from a 4 to 5 jugs to 200 - 250 juggler. You can do it to if you practice like everyday for at least an hour or so. The technique is be patient with your self, your not going to juggle the ball really good at first, its going to be sloppy. just try timing the ball, and kicking the ball at its center that way it could just go up, in that motion. challenge yourself, if you could do 5 right now, challenge yourself with 10, than with 20, and so on. well good luck.

Oh yeah, one more tip, stick with the same shoes during the whole thing. I already learned that switching shoes is not the best of things.

cHaVa
Veteran Member

Post by cHaVa » 03 Jun 2005, 18:03

Wow, i remember when i was in your shoes frizzyan! I used to juggle like no more than 4, 5 juggles. Now i can do like 250 juggles in a row -DEPENDS ON WHAT SHOES I USE- But i am way better juggler than what i used to be. It took me about 5 months to go from a 4 to 5 jugs to 200 - 250 juggler. You can do it to if you practice like everyday for at least an hour or so. The technique is be patient with your self, your not going to juggle the ball really good at first, its going to be sloppy. just try timing the ball, and kicking the ball at its center that way it could just go up, in that motion. challenge yourself, if you could do 5 right now, challenge yourself with 10, than with 20, and so on. well good luck.

Oh yeah, one more tip, stick with the same shoes during the whole thing. I already learned that switching shoes is not the best of things.

*yung-ital*
Pending Mod

Post by *yung-ital* » 03 Jun 2005, 22:55

SUCESS DOSENT COME OVER NIGHT...PRACTICE!! thats all it is...u dont even need a techinique...when i was 9 i was juggling up to 300 because all i did was just keep kicking it up.. theres no hidden tricks..its just kicking it up
KevinR9 Thanks Bruvva

frizzyan
Veteran Member

Post by frizzyan » 04 Jun 2005, 07:26

I heard some of the best jugglers including the Brazilian players such as Ronnie and Ronaldo first start juggling on the streets barefooted.

I tried without shoes and just barefoot and for me, it doesn't make much of a difference. Same pathetic result of an average of 5 juggles after almost 10 hours a practice. Been trying to juggle with shoes the whole month, still an average of 5 juggles.

I'm really starting to lose faith now even though I know that it takes time and practice. I'm an extremely impatient person, even though I wonder how I was patient enough to keep on training dribbling and speed when I used to be like a fat pig and now I'm one of the fastest wingers in the whole league. Juggling is a different story though cause I've always practiced jugglin but there was only one time when I did 12, and that was 2 years ago. After that, it went back to just 3, 5 and once in a blue moon, 7.

Ricey
Sophomore Member

Post by Ricey » 08 Jun 2005, 12:00

Frizzyan, lol..don't worry

It took me 48 hours.. (timed it because I wanted to set a realistic goal)
To get 5 good jugglez.

I got so frustrated that I just blew up at myself.. I didn't understand why everyone else was getting 10-20 jugglez in ten minutes and within 4 days I was only at 5!

I still can't juggle like the people in the videos can.. mine are much higher and a little sloppy...

But what I'm trying to say is...
lol

..... Hate practising how to juggle...

Yeah, well it's only a suggestion. Hate it as much as you want.... there are two doors from there:

1. You hate it so much that you tell yourself... "If I don't get 5 good keepy-ups.... juggling has obviously taken it's toll."

This way you'll practise so much you'll begin to love it.

This is the way I did it. My dad went crazy at me because I practised so often... but only at like 30 minutes at a time...

The second way is: You get no where.

AS sad as it seems, this is the way that I saw fit.

I don't know about you... but... with me... I have to get that goal no matter what. I'm still working on my 10 goal...

I can get 38.... but..that's like once in a blue moon quite literally. So 20 is good for me.

Goodluck
Rogue.
§»•R¡cƏ×ЯоgμзҸ«§ - - *₣[α]:iℓℓiċi† cЯΣw