Does freestyle matter

Talk about soccer freestyle tricks and moves

Does freestyle matter

Post by Guest » 10 Jan 2005, 03:10

Does freestyle matter. I see all these players like Beckham do freestyle moves in commercials and I think to myself is it possible to be that good without knowing how to do all these fancy moves. I got great skill in games, I know where I am and know how to beat my opponet. SO does freestyle football matter?????????

j

Post by j » 10 Jan 2005, 04:16

freestyle football is just simply fun!!!! you cant really compare it to football matches.

madridfc
Veteran Member

Post by madridfc » 10 Jan 2005, 16:37

yeah, j's right. although occasionally they can be helpful. however, if you practice freestyle tricks a lot, it is going to make you much more comfortable with the ball in all situations which can be very good for your game
olé

"I wouldn't say i was the best manager in the business, i was in the top one."

Post by Guest » 11 Jan 2005, 17:48

well i agree with both of them, and it helps you to be more creative, first touch, confident, and able to enjoy the game more because your able to do things with out having to think

your favorite pimp

freestyle

Post by your favorite pimp » 17 Jan 2005, 17:16

yeah freestyling definitely helps especially with your ball control. people think like freestyle tricks and juggling tricks are a waste of time but actually they really help with your coordination, balance, and control. just learning one trick or something you know wont really help but if over a long period of time (say the winter) you do alot of freestlye stuff and juggling you will see a definite improvement 8)

jdefoe
Forum groupie

Post by jdefoe » 21 Jan 2005, 18:14

freestyling will help your ball control and overall "feel" for the ball. But it will not give you the results that repeatedly playing against a wall will give you in terms of trapping, and returning all sorts of different balls. So, if you want to improve your skills, use a wall more, and freestyle less.

Post by Guest » 22 Feb 2005, 05:56

jdefoe wrote:freestyling will help your ball control and overall "feel" for the ball. But it will not give you the results that repeatedly playing against a wall will give you in terms of trapping, and returning all sorts of different balls. So, if you want to improve your skills, use a wall more, and freestyle less.
i beg to differ. freestyle WILL help in trapping, MASSIVELY.

Pramith
New User

Post by Pramith » 22 Feb 2005, 15:28

I hate freestyle it doesn't matter at all in agame it's just for showing OFF!!!!!!!!!!! :twisted:
JUNIOR GUNNER

Pramith
New User

Post by Pramith » 22 Feb 2005, 15:30

j wrote:freestyle football is just simply fun!!!! you cant really compare it to football matches.
YA RIGHT!!
JUNIOR GUNNER

sOcCeRKiD11

Post by sOcCeRKiD11 » 22 Feb 2005, 19:58

freestyle is for showing off to ur friends and to ur girl..lol

J
Admin

Post by J » 23 Feb 2005, 06:05

PRAMITH.......why do you write "ya right" can you explain yourslef more. are you saying freestyling is not fun or are you saying you can compare it to football matches?????????????freestyling is very fun to me and i love it. It can help certain aspects of your game but i cant see how you could really compare it to a football match in general.

*yung-ital*
Pending Mod

Post by *yung-ital* » 27 Jun 2005, 04:28

freestyle does matter in a sense.take me for an example. i have the best ball control ive ever had. i have people that used to be better then me admitting im better now. ive never been so confident with the ball. freestlye is all about being creative and having a ball on your foot. making it to the big leagues and not being able to freestlye will not kill u but i recomend it. ask anyone on this site that freestyles that it helps ALOT. it helps you know the ball and in a sense u become friends with it and u learn bounces where its going how its going to react. :D
KevinR9 Thanks Bruvva

frizzyan
Veteran Member

Post by frizzyan » 27 Jun 2005, 07:12

I regret to say this, but some of the world's greatest legends have freestyled.

Pelé freestyled, Garrincha freestyled, Maradonna freestyled, Rivelinho freestyled, Van Basten freestyled, Cruyff freestyled, Michel Platini freestyled, Socrates freestyled

Now let's take a look at some modern players

Ronaldo (both C.Ronaldo and Luis) freestyled, Ronaldinho freestyled, zidane freestyled, figo freestyled, henry freestyled...

I think here's enough proof that some of the world's greatest do freestyle

Freestyling does help and I think it really trains the feet. This summer I am going to practice juggling the ball so much and then learn to freestyle because I am sure my game will improve dramatically.

(I found a similar post here: http://www.soccerpulse.com/forum/index. ... 38408&st=0 and here Owen4Ever really talks about why freestyling is not useless. he also includes the legends like I have, and he talks about how your feet is improved.)

jcdenton
Veteran Member

Post by jcdenton » 27 Jun 2005, 10:14

yeah, but there is a big border between football and freestyle, do you think that clowns that juggle with balls in their hands can play basketball better than some player that cannot do that, but he can play basketball...
can gatusso freestyle? no, but he can play football MUCH better than many freestylers...
freestyling is a good add-on for a footballer, but you can see great players performing well without doing any freestyle...
i can't do many freestyle tricks, but i can play football good, and i always try to innovate some freestyle tricks and to adapt them for the game ...
i once neck stalled, with my back turned to the opponent, i got up fast, the ball went past him, and i just ran past him...
if you want to be good at football, don't spend your time freestyling, that way you'll end up in circus, better work on your skills that really matter during the game, and do some fitness excercises...
i know that freestyle makes you look like you are good at football, but it actually means nothing, better read what expert wrote about 3 most important aspects of the game....
one great bad side of freestyle is lack of opponent, it is different than football because in the game you're always under pressure of the opponent...

Magicfeet

Post by Magicfeet » 27 Jun 2005, 15:10

I would heartily disagree with you there, jc.
if you want to be good at football, don't spend your time freestyling, that way you'll end up in circus, better work on your skills that really matter during the game, and do some fitness excercises...
This is a poorly thought out comment. If you want to be good at football, you should play it whenever you can, and freestyling is a brilliant (and fun) way to play on your own. If you want to practice certain techniques (shooting, crossing, passing, dribbling) it is almost always better to be practicing with other players.
Fitness too is much easier if you have a companion to work with. Running on your own is a lot harder than if done with a partner,

Freestyling can only truly be done on your own, and will help your control, as well as impoving your confidence with a ball at your feet. In the end freestyle doesn't matter as such, but it WILL improve your game (even if not much), and is a fun way to relax and show off to your friends. :D