Poll ended at 04 May 2005, 13:58

41%
6%
24%
6%
24%

Total votes: 17

HJK

u kno i can only do about 100 juggles and i've known how to juggle since about july but really i know juggling helps your first touch and all but is it necessary to practice till u can do ten thousand ??? i mean i never seriously juggle , i work on passing accuracy, long ball accuracy, long range shooting , and dribbling

arent those more important

Owen4ever
Veteran Member

J wrote:10,000.....I think you could be lying?????? uhhh yeah
it's not that impossible to get 10,000 juggles m8

J
Admin

Owen4ever wrote:
be honest with yourself, just sit there and count to 10,000 without juggling........

Owen4ever
Veteran Member

J wrote:
Owen4ever wrote:
be honest with yourself, just sit there and count to 10,000 without juggling........
dude, it wasn't me that posted that record and for the record, it really isn't that impossible to do 10,000. juggling is an easy skill and for those who have freestyled for a long time, second nature.

Kevin

Yeah 10,000 is "normal", my record is 5,000 and im 15 years old and still rather new to freestyle. It just depends whether you have spare time enough or not ...

J
Admin

I know juggling is an easy skill and i would say juggling over 50 times is a pretty pointless skill and a waste of time unless your freestyling with it or involving game situation skills.

HalaMadrid2

Yeah i agree with you J ....like i too can juggle for quite a very long time but i dont do it anymore for it is well pointless...i rather spend my time learning new tricks than continueing doing something i can already do.
~¡Vaya Real Madrid!~

Owen4ever
Veteran Member

J wrote:I know juggling is an easy skill and i would say juggling over 50 times is a pretty pointless skill and a waste of time unless your freestyling with it or involving game situation skills.
add another 0 to that 50 and i would agree 100%. 50 juggles can easily be done by any newbie who couldn't do sh*t in about 30 seconds.

J
Admin

juggling 500 is even more pointless than 50 times, i think your missing my whole point here.

Owen4ever
Veteran Member

J wrote:juggling 500 is even more pointless than 50 times, i think your missing my whole point here.
no no, i got ur point. juggling for long periods of time doing nothing but keeping the ball up is boring and a waste of time. i get that, and i think the exact same way, but 50 is just a huge joke m8!
Owen4ever wrote:
J wrote:I know juggling is an easy skill and i would say juggling over 50 times is a pretty pointless skill and a waste of time unless your freestyling with it or involving game situation skills.
add another 0 to that 50 and i would agree 100%. 50 juggles can easily be done by any newbie who couldn't do sh*t in about 30 seconds.
and btw, i can get around 140 juggles in one minute if i'm speed juggling. that works itself to about 70 in half a minute. half a minute is a big waste of time? :?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

J
Admin

juggling 70 times in 30 seconds is even more pointless. juggling is a joke, unless you are using it to progress in someway. Just my opinion. Juggling is just not that difficult. I know fat people who can do the same as you or me in juggling or freestyling. Football on the pitch is where it counts, for me anyway. I watched your freestyle video and you are good, but you should still be more humble about things.

Owen4ever
Veteran Member

J wrote:juggling 70 times in 30 seconds is even more pointless. juggling is a joke, unless you are using it to progress in someway. Just my opinion. Juggling is just not that difficult. I know fat people who can do the same as you or me in juggling or freestyling. Football on the pitch is where it counts, for me anyway. I watched your freestyle video and you are good, but you should still be more humble about things.
juggling is a joke unless you are using it to progress in someway? what the hell do you think juggling is? people who are serious about playing footy can use juggling to improve their game IMMENSELY...no jokes. and you'll see the difference every saturday and sunday on the tele just how much of a "joke" it is when you see the most successful players like ronaldinho, ronaldo, zidane, figo, beckham, zola, robbie keane, henry, etc. etc. because they juggled and freestyled and played street.

fat ppl who can do the same as you or me in freestyling? no offense to those "fat People" but i highly doubt they can do some of the freestyle moves i do if they have a weight problem because you really need to jump around and have good flexibility and quick reaction times if you wanna pull of, say, a crossover knee htw atw combo.

and yes, football on the pitch IS where it counts. it is for me too and the reason i freestyle is because i care about my game ON the pitch.

and thank you very much for you complimenting my video. and could you please specify the points where i WASN'T humble so i may defend myself? because i do believe i didn't mean to be arrogant if i seemed so in my previous posts.

Maria

Juggling is all a matter of concentration, remember that. Sure you have to have the basic skills but after that it's all about concentrating.

Btw, instead of just standing still and juggling try to move with the ball in the air. Lift the ball higher once in a while and try making it as "real" as possible. You don't see players standing at the same place juggling on the pitch. But look at Ronaldinho or Zlatan - they can lift the ball over the defenders and keep juggling and get a shot on goal.

J
Admin

Ronaldinho did not get as good as he is by just juggling, that was what i meant by "juggling is a joke unless you use it to progress in someway" He definetley did a lot more than just juggle up and down. This whole debate got started by the person who said they juggled 10,000 times, and i just think that is a total waste of time . That is all.

Owen4ever
Veteran Member

J wrote:Ronaldinho did not get as good as he is by just juggling, that was what i meant by "juggling is a joke unless you use it to progress in someway" He definetley did a lot more than just juggle up and down. This whole debate got started by the person who said they juggled 10,000 times, and i just think that is a total waste of time . That is all.
fair enough, my views are that also. what i tried to point out was that although juggling should never be the main focus of a player's training, it does help a lot and most of the top players in the world had that extra push by juggling and that improved their skills because they knew how to apply the skills they learned in juggling to real game situation, mostly indirectly of course.